Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Nirvana Band • Page 6

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by CoffeeEyes17, Aug 24, 2016.

1. skogsraet

Trusted Supporter

Yeah i know i just said in this thread that Nirvana was p much Kurt's band but they didn't really hit their stride until Dave joined, his drumming really brought that special something the band needed

2. phaynes12

https://expertfrowner.bandcamp.com/ Prestigious

how is this thread only three pages

3. phaynes12

what's everyone's favorite songs by them? i think mine are scentless apprentice, pennyroyal tea and sappy

4. waking season

Trusted Prestigious

Serve the Servants, Pennyroyal Tea, Scentless Apprentice, Very Ape, pretty much all of In Utero really, Sappy, and You Know You’re Right

EmmanuelSCastle and phaynes12 like this.
  5. waking season

Trusted Prestigious

Aneurysm too

6. phaynes12

coleslawed and waking season like this.
  7. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

love that Pennyroyal Tea seems to be universal haha, give me a Leonard Cohen afterworld is such an incredible line

Come As You Are, Lithium, All Apologies

8. phaynes12

sifting is a big fave too, even if it isn't on that level haha

9. JM95 Feb 18, 2020
    (Last edited: Feb 18, 2020)
    JM95

Trusted

I'm going to mention Smells Like Teen Spirit because despite having heard it a million times and despite it not being the 'cool' choice, it really is a fantastic song. It deserved everything it got.

Pennyroyal Tea, Heart Shaped Box, Something In The Way, Aneurysm and In Bloom are probably my favourites.

Edit: forgot Polly.

10. Their version of “Molly’s Lips” gets stuck in my head constantly.

11. waking season

Trusted Prestigious

Verse Chorus Verse is up there too

phaynes12 likes this.
  12. skogsraet

Trusted Supporter

School, Frances Farmer, Aneurysm, Drain You, You Know You're Right, Lounge Act, Sappy

I could go on but i feel like i should stop there lol

JM95, waking season and phaynes12 like this.
  13. RyanRyan

Marigold, Something In The Way, their version of Oh, Me, Scentless Apprentice, Come As You Are and Thousands of Gallons ~

JM95, coleslawed and waking season like this.
  14. EmmanuelSCastle

Trusted

In Utero is one of the best albums I've heard in my life but Drain You is probably my favorite song of theirs and Nevermind side B is hella underrated for being on one of the best selling records of all time

15. Preserved Moose

Amateur Hour

Not a super fan or anything but I love Drain you. "One baby to another says, "I'm lucky to have met you"
    I don't care what you think unless it is about me" have gotta be some of my favourite lyrics ever. The riff rules too.

oncenowagain and EmmanuelSCastle like this.
  16. Steve_JustAGuy

Trusted

Breed, You Know You're Right, Teen Spirit.

Maybe in that order, depending on the day lol.

17. EmmanuelSCastle

Trusted

also one of my fav lyrics, I just love the range of emotions and perspectives conveyed in two lines. undercutting yrself off the bat on what could've easily been a bitter break up song? leaving it ambiguous which party expressed the gratitude before immediately capping it w a line that's both vulnerable and indifferent? just great.

btw that Brave Bird album is so sick, that band was gone too soon :(

18. Preserved Moose

Amateur Hour

Right on! It's also really fun to play too since it's so simple.

Also I miss Brave Bird basically every day :brokenheart:haha.

EmmanuelSCastle likes this.
  19. Anyone else seen the Nirvana exhibit at the EMP museum in Seattle? That shit was sooo cool!

Here's a walkthrough video I found for those of you who are curious

20. waking season

Trusted Prestigious

Radio Friendly Unit Shifter rips. This thread got me to listen to In Utero for the first time in far too long.

phaynes12 likes this.
  21. flask

Trusted Supporter

Heart Shaped Box is probably my favorite lyrically.

I visited Kurt's Bench in Seattle a few years ago and it was oddly emotional. Didn't think it would hit me that hard but it did.

22. oncenowagain

“the whole world’s ending” “honey it already did” Prestigious

Was just about to say that the 100 gecs thread has more posts. What the fuck is wrong with people??

23. JM95

Trusted

PLEASE everyone watch this cover by Puddle Of Mudd

One of the funniest things I've seen in ages. Feel sorry for him there but man I laughed.

24. good lord!

JM95 likes this.
  25. ManchesterOrch8

Motel. Money. Murder. Madness.

Take this with the intended respect, but I’m glad Kurt’s not here to hear that.