Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Nirvana Band • Page 3

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by CoffeeEyes17, Aug 24, 2016.

1. nohandstoholdonto

problem addict Prestigious

Nevermind bc hot fuss isn’t actually that front loaded

2. travisred

Trusted Supporter

As in the front half of HF isn’t that good, or the back half is actually good?

3. nohandstoholdonto

Mostly the latter, but a mix of both.

4. Kennedy

loomasleep.bandcamp.com Prestigious

Also it has the best Nirvana song ever (Scentless Apprentice)

EmmanuelSCastle likes this.
  5. unbornwhiskey

Trusted

second side of nevermind is way better than the first

6. unbornwhiskey

Trusted

only one side of nevermind has "lounge act" iirc

skogsraet likes this.
  7. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

On A Plain underrated af

8. iCarly Rae Jepsen

Now I'm sad that Kurt Cobain never got to hear Mr Brightside

beachdude42 and EmmanuelSCastle like this.
  9. JM95

Trusted

I think he suffered enough.

Blaine Ryan likes this.
  10. EmmanuelSCastle

Trusted

hot fuss easily

rt, drain you is one of my favorites ever

11. nohandstoholdonto

12. EmmanuelSCastle

Trusted

It's not even that the back half of Hot Fuss is bad or worse than the front, it's that it's a completely different vibe for me and I hardly ever care to keep going after a certain point but I like Believe Me Natalie and that usually tempts me

13. waking season

Trusted Prestigious

I enjoy the second half of Nevermind more than the first but hearing the singles way too many times on the radio definitely has something to do with it. In Utero is their best.

skogsraet likes this.
  14. Kennedy

Love Buzz is still my favorite song on Bleach

15. incognitojones

Some Freak Supporter

This is from Doughboys, but Kurt Cobain was probably never on the internet

16. nohandstoholdonto

I really love Andy, On Top, and Natalie.

teebs41 likes this.
  17. EmmanuelSCastle

Trusted

also good. I just kinda wish it was sequenced differently but it's not sequenced badly. can't explain it ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

18. iCarly Rae Jepsen

upload_2018-6-28_22-10-17.png

19. NJPunkMusic

Die rad.

I'll always cherished Nirvana since I had that Nevermind cassette in 1991. I was only in first grade but knew how big they were and loved the music. As I get older I remember them all the time on MTV and such. I remember Unplugged and getting it on CD for Christmas. I remember when he died and how it was huge. I remember when you know your right song and video premiered on MTV in 2002 and it was so Erie and felt so special. With all this said, I think in the last 10 years Ive moved on from viewing them as gods to turning them off Lithium every time they come on. The music just hasn't aged well. I find Alice In Chains, Pearl Jam, and Soundgarden to age better with me as I get older. I will even say AIC Unplugged may even be better than Nirvana unplugged.

20. EmmanuelSCastle

Trusted

what do you mean it hasn't aged well? subject matter wise? lyrical style? production? songwriting?

beachdude42 and Kennedy like this.
  21. Kennedy

Hasn’t aged well? Hasn’t aged well?

Nirvana?

Hasn’t aged well?

Wait. Hold up. If Nirvana havnt aged well you must think the Beatles sounds like cavemen rolling boulders down a hill. You must think Simon and Garfunkel sound like amoebas splitting creating life forms in the early stages of the earth. You must think all of weird things.

bradsonemanband likes this.
  22. iCarly Rae Jepsen

Nirvana has aged so well because Kurt Cobain is the only actual woke bae/ally

23. incognitojones

Some Freak Supporter

They've aged well because none of the bands who ripped off their sound were ever as good at it

24. Kennedy

Theyve aged well because the songs are still great and the songs still sound great

25. EmmanuelSCastle

Trusted

yeah, gotta say, Kurt's qualms with Nevermind's production aside, I think the way those songs sound is awesome. it's p easy to sound dated, but it just sounds timeless -- crisp and clear but not squeaky clean yknow? and ultimately I like the slightly rawer sound of In Utero more, but Nevermind might be more impressive sounding to me from a production standpoint

beachdude42 and Kennedy like this.