Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Nioh Video Game • Page 2

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by CoffeeEyes17, Feb 18, 2017.

1. CoffeeEyes17

Reclusive-aggressive Prestigious

It's brilliant especially since, unlike the soulsborne games, armor actually matters here.

2. CoffeeEyes17

Ok so slowly progressing through the game, I just made it to The Ocean Roars Again and holy shit this level. It looks INCREDIBLE but god damn its hard to navigate. I made the mistake of fighting the boss suuuuper early and I'm guessing I need to light those little fires before I can take him on because he 1 shot me.

But overall I'm quite enjoying the game. I feel like I'm not even 1/4 of the way through yet but I'm just loving it.

Cameron likes this.
  3. SpyKi

You must fix your heart Supporter

That was probably my least favourite level to play, ha. Yeah, you're not even 1/4 of the way.

tucah and CoffeeEyes17 like this.
  4. CoffeeEyes17

It's the Blightown of the game so far

SpyKi likes this.
  5. tucah

not champ Prestigious

+1 that level (and boss) sucks. Earlier I think I said the bat lady was the boss I had the second most trouble with? That one is the first.

CoffeeEyes17 likes this.
  6. CoffeeEyes17

I might just summon someone and have them help me lol. I just want the level to be over.

But first I gotta go farm elixirs :/

7. SpyKi

I didn't find him that difficult honestly after I lit the torches. The fire masks do a good chunk of damage to him.

CoffeeEyes17 likes this.
  8. CoffeeEyes17

Yeah my issue is the stage itself less than the boss. I figured he'd be easy after lighting the torches. It's just a matter of getting to them lol

9. SpyKi

Yeah, I died so many times falling off shit. Like I said, I'm not a fan of that level, ha.

CoffeeEyes17 likes this.
  10. Cameron

FKA nowFace Prestigious

That Nuc boss was giving me trouble earlier, but then I got him. Was kinda disappointed that the level was over. Nope. Big 'ol cavern-y area I'm in now, and assuming there is another boss later. This game is so much fun. I'm loving all the magic items you can use. Also my spear I'm currently using is pretty OP.

SpyKi likes this.
  11. CoffeeEyes17

Got the ocean roars again blob boss down. Like, it's amazing how you can die to a boss a couple times and then suddenly GET it and kill the boss without taking a hit.

SpyKi likes this.
  12. Cameron

FKA nowFace Prestigious

Fuck this game.

That Invitation from the Warrior of the West sub mission is bullshit and that fucking ocean boss is bull shit. Says that sub mission I refer to is only one grave level difficulty. My ass.

13. SpyKi

Come back to the warrior sub mission. I think it's one of the harder ones in the game for where it is. The ocean boss isn't that bad if you light the torches around the stage. The fire masks do a lot of damage against him.

14. Cameron

FKA nowFace Prestigious

Yeah I was just raging last night I still love this game. This is the first time I hit a wall. I'm gonna come back to that sub mission, and yeah I found out I get that tool for the lamps in another sub mission.

SpyKi and tucah like this.
  15. tucah

not champ Prestigious

Wouldn't be a good Souls-like if you didn't have a moment of "FUCK THIS GAME" rage.

Anthony_D'Elia and Cameron like this.
  16. Cameron

FKA nowFace Prestigious

True that though DS3 I surprisingly didn't have much of that. Though DS2, and Bloodborne....

17. Cameron

FKA nowFace Prestigious

I cannot believe I'm saying this but I think I am done with this game I have died at the same ocean boss multiple times mainly being one shot by it's one stupid attack or falling into a random hole on the stage. No souls-borne boss has given me this much trouble. Twice I came inches away from draining it's life only for it to kill me in some bullshit way. I'm out of ochoko cups, and thought I could buy them from the black smith. So I left the mission. Unlike Souls you can't FUCKING return to an already lit bonfire/shrine. I have to start the whole mission now. Oh and the blacksmith doesn't sell Ochoko. I've killed probably 8 revenants tonight trying to farm ochoko. Only come across 1, and my co op partner died seconds into the fight. Fuck this game.

It really sucks too cuz I was having a blast with it before.

Dirty Sanchez likes this.
  18. Cameron

FKA nowFace Prestigious

Yep. Done.

Those lamps I lit to make the smaller enemies not appear?!! Not lit anymore. I have to go through the WHOLE mission again. Poor game design. Fucking bullshit.

19. Dirty Sanchez

Prestigious Prestigious

Im glad that I couldn't even kill one enemy in the beta lol.

Cameron likes this.
  20. Cameron

FKA nowFace Prestigious

After 9-10 attempts I got him! It was still REALLY annoying I had to go through the whole level again, and re light the lamps.

I love this game again lol.

21. Dirty Sanchez

Prestigious Prestigious

I would get if they put in an easy mode DLC.

Cameron likes this.
  22. Cameron

FKA nowFace Prestigious

This final boss is annoying.

More annoying I can't summon anybody for the fight.

23. CoffeeEyes17

New Nioh DLC Out July 25: Adds New Weapon, Armor, Yokai, Trophies & More

been a while since we've bumped this thread. getting back into the game, the last DLC and the new patches added some good content that was needed. PVP is a mess but its also so fun that it doesnt really matter. The DLC was cool and the new weapon is fun. the newest DLC out july 25 is adding Tonfas so im really really hyped for that.

something i like about Nioh is i feel more need to play 1 character/build instead of, say, dark souls where i usually play through NG and NG+ then try a new build. the diablo loot system makes Nioh more of a "grind" but its so fun that i dont really care.

Cameron likes this.
  24. CoffeeEyes17

i forgot just how fucking brilliant this games combat system is. better than BBs i know thats blasphemy but i love it. the odachi is really strong and feels like its made the axes obsolete. the tonfas are probably going to be really good i cant wait to get my hands on those.

also good to know sloth is still broken af

25. Cameron

FKA nowFace Prestigious

The combat in this game is def amazing. Wish the story was good.

My next build I want to make a very stamina/Ki pulse focused character. Also use those bladed nunchucks