Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Nioh Video Game

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by CoffeeEyes17, Feb 18, 2017.

1. CoffeeEyes17

Reclusive-aggressive Prestigious

i think it deserves its own thread since it'll probably be mine and many others GOTY.

So what's everyone's builds? I'm running dex and stam so Kusaris and Axes are my main weps. I normally play strength builds in souls and stuff so I thought I'd mix it up. Ninjutsu abilities are nice also.

Dirty Sanchez and SpyKi like this.
  2. tucah

not champ Prestigious

I've been going Body/Heart with some occasional Skill for a mostly Katana/Spear build (with some dual swords occasionally). I have some points in ninjutsu just to fool around with it but more in magic using a lot of buffs/debuffs. Fun stuff, love using all the different combat options available.

I've been thinking about using a respec to go heavier in ninjutsu and try kusarigamas though, thought they were really fun from when I used them.

3. CoffeeEyes17

I think dual katana and spears will dominate pvp once that comes around. They seem to have a diverse and strong toolkit.

Yeah the kusarigamas are a blast. The low and mid stance cover a lot of ranges which is really nice.

4. SpyKi

You must fix your heart Supporter

I always go with my swords but I've been playing around with magic a lot in this game since a lot of the skills looked really interesting. Stuff like sloth/lifeseal/weakness are super helpful in the later missions.

Finished this last night and I've only got a few twilight missions left before I get the platinum. It'll be my second platinum so I'm pretty happy about it, ha.

5. tucah

not champ Prestigious

Realizing how useful sloth is was a fucking gamechanger.

I still have a little bit left in the game, I think I'll finish it up this weekend. I don't think I'll plat it though, too much stuff coming out in the near future.

SpyKi likes this.
  6. SpyKi

I'm only going for it because it's not that crazy. I had most of the stuff done when I finished the game so I'm just finishing up a few things. Plus I want more Platinum's, I feel bad about having so many games and only one platinum but I usually cba with trophies, ha.

tucah likes this.
  7. SpyKi

I'll be platinuming those Crash Bandicoot remakes though. Can't wait.

8. CoffeeEyes17

So this second boss doesnt fuck around huh

9. SpyKi

Ball guy or bat lady? Bat lady seems to be one of the biggest hurdles in the game for a lot of people. She took me longer than most bosses too, if you get the paralysis pills Jutsu it helps a lot.

10. CoffeeEyes17

yeah bat lady. tried about 5 times to beat her and then I went to bed. going to try again here in a bit. ty for the tip

11. tucah

not champ Prestigious

Yeah, bat lady is probably one of the tougher bosses I've faced in the game and I'm getting pretty close to the end, I think there was only one other boss that took me more tries. Just try and get the tight dodging of her paralysis move down and use some paralysis pills if you have to and you'll get it!

CoffeeEyes17 likes this.
  12. Cameron

FKA nowFace Prestigious

Also getting my ass kicked by bat lady. I totally forgot to equip my anti paralysis pills doe.

Dirty Sanchez and SpyKi like this.
  13. CoffeeEyes17

Damn, I even tried getting a co-op partner to take her on and we STILL cant get her. Shes a tough cookie.

14. SpyKi

Not sure if I can join you since I'm a way higher level but I'll try it with you if you want?

15. CoffeeEyes17

are we friends on PSN? i cant remember. if not ill fix that. ill give her a couple more shots later and if its a bust ill hit you up. this boss is kinda unfair to be placed this early in the game haha

16. SpyKi

Idk, ha. What's your PSN? I can never remember mine. It's something like II-SpyKi-II or some bullshit.

17. CoffeeEyes17

CoffeeEyes17 yeah i think we're friends haha

SpyKi likes this.
  18. tucah

not champ Prestigious

Beat the game last night, great stuff. I ended up using all different sorts of combat and tactics throughout the game even if I never really needed it, while challenging it never reached the difficulty highs of...well, you know. The combat is just so, so satisfying and so much fun, tons of moves and customizability and really kept me interested when the story wasn't doing it for me. Really great game, glad to see someone else succeed in this formula and I will be there day 1 for a sequel (and definitely willing to throw down money for the DLC depending on how long and how unique it is/if they don't reuse a ton of assets/bosses). Of course it's no Bloodborne but it didn't have to be, it's still damn good on its own.

Spoiler stuff follows: I loved that there was still another level and final boss after the credits, that was a pleasant surprise. I still haven't done the two missions where they throw two bosses at you but I'll get around to it eventually.

SpyKi likes this.
  19. tucah

not champ Prestigious

And here's their update path:

The next free updates are as follows:

• Late March – High-difficulty missions added. There are 10 types of missions, including missions with the feel of boss rushes.
    • Late April – PvP implemented.
    The first downloadable content, “Dragon of Tohoku,” will launch in late April and add the following:

• New weapon types
    • New scenarios
    • New characters
    • New guardian spirits
    • New yokai
    • New stages
    The second downloadable content will be called “Japan’s Best Warrior,” and the third, “Peaceful and Tranquil.”

Nioh to add high-difficulty missions in late March, PvP in late April; first DLC details - Gematsu

CoffeeEyes17 likes this.
  20. Cameron

FKA nowFace Prestigious

Got bat lady!

SpyKi and tucah like this.
  21. SpyKi

The epilogue was one of my favourite parts of the game. Also those two boss missions are easily the hardest thing in the game imo.

Also I got the platinum this morning!

tucah likes this.
  22. CoffeeEyes17

I beat bat lady!

Is there a respec item in the game? I know I'm still very early in but I'd like to change some things since I've decided against axes

SpyKi likes this.
  23. SpyKi

Yeah, you can buy them for like 10,000 souls but they go up in price each time you do. You also get a few throughout the game.

CoffeeEyes17 likes this.
  24. CoffeeEyes17

thanks bud.

btw the fashionsouls in this game is legit. also, the community has coined the term "glamurai" and i love it.

25. SpyKi

Yeah, I really like the refashion option.

CoffeeEyes17 likes this.