Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Nintendo Video Game • Page 985

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by zigbigwig, Mar 31, 2016.

1. mescalineeyes

just admit that I'm the fantasy Prestigious

The ps2 was only marginally worse though and easily able to play all multiplats. Not to mention how good stuff like Silent Hill 2 or 3 looked on it.
    My god.

Joe4th and Vase Full Of Rocks like this.
  2. The Lucky Moose

I'm Emotional, I Hug the Block Prestigious

The PS2 was also kind of fickle, at least in me experience

3. Vase Full Of Rocks

Trusted Supporter

PS2 also had a DVD player, the DualShock 2 and a bunch of other great features including being backwards compatible with PS1.

If you're going to knock the least powerful hardware of each generation I guess GameCube and Wii sucked too.

Joe4th likes this.
  4. The Lucky Moose

Well, of course it ran multiplatform games well, because it was the leading platform for many because of sales. Doesn’t mean that those games wouldn’t have looked better on other consoles if the PS2 would have been more powerful too. Anyway, that’s not what I was talking about anyway.

The GameCube is more powerful than the PS2.

But like I said, I was talking about build quality more than anything else. Maybe me and my friends where exceptions but our PS2s always had fucking problems.

5. The Lucky Moose

Also Nintendo exclusives games from that generation aged a lot better than basically all other games but that’s a different story

ComedownMachine and Jake W like this.
  6. Jake W

oh my god, I'm back on my bullshit Prestigious

Why do people always assume the PS2 was more powerful than the GameCube

7. Jake W

This x1000

8. Vase Full Of Rocks

Trusted Supporter

I apologize for the GameCube flub, genuinely didn't know that. But still, I think the sheer idiocy being spouted is ludicrous. Again, I don't know who said bring it to the VG thread, but I agree.

mescalineeyes likes this.
  9. The Lucky Moose

I don’t think anyone here is saying anything dumb lol it’s mostly actual facts or at least statements based on experiences. We even said the library is great, which is really all that matters.

10. Vase Full Of Rocks

Trusted Supporter

Because Nintendo did a horrible job with their marketing and game releases to give anyone the impression that the GameCube had any power to compete. Their third parties never took advantage of the hardware either.

11. The Lucky Moose

Well, the best looking GameCube games look a lot better than any PS2 game, you can go back now and see it pretty easily. The water alone in Sunshine is enough really.

Jake W likes this.
  12. Jake W

I got a San Andreas on my PS4 on sale a few years ago, was actually shocked when I saw how bad the graphics were lol

13. The Lucky Moose

It think there is a 99% overlap between those people and people that think Twilight Princess looks better than Wind Waker

Jake W likes this.
  14. Vase Full Of Rocks

Trusted Supporter

Graphics ≠ quality. But imagine that being said in a Nintendo thread of all places.

15. The Lucky Moose

Yeah even like multi platform games often actually looked a little better on GameCube, for example HM: A Wonderful Life. However, that one game with Ice Cube looked worse because it was a terrible port lol

Jake W likes this.
  16. theagentcoma

yeah good okay Prestigious

Isn't the PS2 the best selling console of all time?

Joe4th and Vase Full Of Rocks like this.
  17. The Lucky Moose

You’re misrepresenting things now. You said the GameCube is the least powerful and once corrected you pivoted to saying Nintendo didn’t show that the GameCube was more powerful, which is also wrong. We never said that it means that the games are better because they look better.

They do hold up better in most ways but that’s a different discussion.

18. The Lucky Moose

19. ComedownMachine

Prestigious Supporter

You shouldn’t count those sales. It’s just a glorified PS1

20. The Lucky Moose

Again, I only ever said that I think the actual build quality of the hardware isn’t great in my experience lol how is that a controversial take now

The power difference is just a fact I mentioned because others mentioned it

21. The Lucky Moose

Lolol that’s perfect

22. The Lucky Moose

Btw I thought about it and actually the Switch is a glorified Vita

23. DickyCullz

I create content for some of your favorite artists

Glorified GameBoy more like

24. CobraKidJon

Fun must be always. Prestigious

Isn’t that because the used the pc/mobile port which was even worse than the original

25. CobraKidJon

Fun must be always. Prestigious

game of the year

SmashRipsaw likes this.