Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Nintendo Video Game • Page 858

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by zigbigwig, Mar 31, 2016.

1. DickyCullz

I create content for some of your favorite artists

tempted to get dragon quest builders 2, but I need a new game like I need a hole in my head

Vase Full Of Rocks likes this.
  2. :-O

sean_rugy, zigbigwig and RyanPm40 like this.
  3. CobraKidJon

Fun must be always. Prestigious

I know it’s a game made for casuals but marvel ultimate alliance 3 writing sucks so much

4. CobraKidJon

ChiliTacos likes this.
  5. ComedownMachine

Prestigious Supporter

Jake W likes this.
  6. RyanPm40

The Torment of Existence Supporter

Apparently not only will Nintendo now fix people's joycon drift for free, but they will also refund people who have had to pay for repairs in the past. And they'll do it if you're outside of your warranty period. Neat.

Vase Full Of Rocks and zigbigwig like this.
  7. zigbigwig

I Miss Jake W Prestigious

link?

8. RyanPm40

zigbigwig likes this.
  9. Shakriel

Cause I'm running low on these hours of mine Prestigious

Coincidentally that news pops up not long after rumors of a class-action lawsuit started lol.

RyanPm40 likes this.
  10. RyanPm40

The funniest thing to me is that people in the Nintendo Switch subreddit kept making posts telling people to shut up about their drift issues saying things like "we get it already, these posts are fucking annoying. Nintendo doesn't own this subreddit".

You'd get downvoted to hell for pointing out that showing that the issue is still widespread and continuing to affect people can raise awareness.

11. dorfmac

Trusted

I’ve never had drift problems, but only connectivity problems with the left joycon

RyanPm40 likes this.
  12. cybele

set our hearts ablaze Supporter

I had major drift in my right joycon that got bad enough that the only way to get it to stay still was to hold the stick a little in the opposite direction. I kept putting off repairs because I figured it would be a pain in the ass.

Thankfully I was within warranty period and got the free shipping label to a place about 15 miles away. Sent it in Wednesday, they got it Thursday, and Friday I had a brand new joycon (they just replaced it straight up).

Now it's like four months later and the new one has the sliiiiightest drift occasionally, it's a huge bummer.

13. CobraKidJon

My joycons both drift so I only use my pro controller now which sucks.

14. loudasallgetout

Trusted Supporter

Yeah I haven't been able to play handheld for months. Joycon is unplayable. I've been to 3 different stores looking for that WD40 but can't find it.

15. The Lucky Moose

I'm Emotional, I Hug the Block Prestigious

Wait what? Is it not common in the US? Because I can think of like 10 stores that would sell it within 15 minutes from my house lol

Fucking Dustin, Jake W and RyanPm40 like this.
  16. RyanPm40

Same. My first one would disconnect constantly but luckily was able to exchange the console at Target because it was within my first month. Now I just have to deal with a super loose/wobbly left joycon when it's slid into the rail. The quality control is embarrassing

17. RyanPm40

It's extremely common in the US, my dad always had some in the basement

18. Vase Full Of Rocks

Trusted Supporter

I've heard about people just being complete dicks in that subreddit and it's really troublesome to hear about something like this. There's no reason for people to act like that.

RyanPm40 likes this.
  19. CobraKidJon

so does that mean I can send my joycons in to get fixed

also it sucks because I want to buy more joycons but I want to at least wait to see if they have an improved joycon coming out

20. loudasallgetout

Trusted Supporter

I’m in Canada. Been to a Walmart, Canadian Tire, and Homeboy Depot with no luck. It’s on Amazon but only as a 6 pack for like $150.

21. The Lucky Moose

I'm Emotional, I Hug the Block Prestigious

22. SmithBerryCrunch

Trusted Prestigious

23. oldjersey

Pro Podcaster Supporter

Okay so, Nintendo will fix your drifting joy-con for free regardless of warranty or not. That's fucking amazing. Why aren't a bunch of us excited for that?!

24. Shakriel

Cause I'm running low on these hours of mine Prestigious

It feels weird to make it sound like they're doing something good, when it's more the press and lawsuit forced their hand. They made a shoddy product (again) and are paying the price.

RyanPm40, Shrek and Joe4th like this.
  25. CobraKidJon

because what if it just drifts again

RyanPm40 likes this.