Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Nintendo Video Game • Page 669

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by zigbigwig, Mar 31, 2016.

1. oldjersey

Pro Podcaster Supporter

Anyone done online Wargroove yet?

2. Tetris 99 is really gonna ruin this semester for me, isn’t it

ikanacanyon likes this.
  3. Anthony_

A (Cancelled) Dork Prestigious

Scalebound looked so cool, if they’re really reviving it I’d be down for it.

4. I thought Scalebound was an awesome idea and Kamiya is one of the most talented visionaries in games at the moment, but the gameplay they showed before it was cancelled looked so rough. I would love for it to be revived, but I hope they figure out how to get the most out of the concept if it happens.

5. oldjersey

Pro Podcaster Supporter

Never heard of Scalebound, I just think of earthbound

6. zigbigwig

I Miss Jake W Prestigious

7. oldjersey

Pro Podcaster Supporter

Uhhhh I've played like an hour of wargroove and now its telling me there's an update!?!?! Fuck yeah!!!!

8. oldjersey

Pro Podcaster Supporter

Oh wait no, it's just for the console ugh

Vase Full Of Rocks likes this.
  9. The Lucky Moose

I'm Emotional, I Hug the Block Prestigious

That’s exactly my point. The beasts were so much more snappy than those boring ass dungeons.

10. Vase Full Of Rocks

Trusted Supporter

7d4c92b5-0cbc-4bab-a6db-37e9502794c9.gif

dorfmac likes this.
  11. Doomsday

Trusted Prestigious

Had a really fun time with the Yoshi demo, haven't played a Yoshi game in a long time. Probably gonna pick that up

12. The Lucky Moose

I really feel like Nintendo should make a Zelda dungeons game where they continuously add dungeons for the complainers so that the rest of us can move in the future along with Zelda

13. zigbigwig

i want to finish the campaign first, but im down to play after

14. mescalineeyes

I wanna dance to me Prestigious

I'd be on board with this but I wouldn't have hated 2-3 actual dungeons in BotW, it would've put it to my number 1 game of all time instead of just tied with Bloodborne.

15. The Lucky Moose

I understand people like dungeons, but I feel like the concept of a regular dungeon would have been so glaringly out of place in BotW. Anytime this game even remotely confined you somehow (for example through some linear story moments), it already felt wrong to me. The fact that the beasts didn't was important, I think.

mescalineeyes likes this.
  16. mescalineeyes

yeah I kinda get where you are coming from, but also... figure it out? lol

17. The Lucky Moose

or don't because DUNGEONS SUCK ;D

mescalineeyes likes this.
  18. mescalineeyes

if they can make another game as good as BotW I honestly don't care if it has dungeons or not but I'd prefer if it did is all.

The Lucky Moose likes this.
  19. zigbigwig

wargroove is pretty fun. i can see how some people might be turned off by the long games without save but I actually like it.

i have a few issues with it mostly QoL, it is so easy to end a turn. and I wish the income/current fund is more visible. it’s definitely not Advance Wars in terms of the rock paper scissors type thing, but the change in meta is interesting enough for me to want to learn it. you really have to think about the unit combination types and there’s not too many tanky units compared to AW. also the story is kinda ok. but the polish of the game itself and its potential is ridiculous. i feel like Chucklefish is only getting started with this, hopefully some of the mods carry over to switch.

ugh i’m still hoping for AW Switch though.

theagentcoma likes this.
  20. Shrek

can't be made fun of Prestigious

so wait, you think Starfox Adventures is better than any other Zelda game, but Zelda moves away from that core formula that you were clearly not in love with for one game and now you want the dungeons back

i don’t think Zelda is your series

SEANoftheDEAD likes this.
  21. Vase Full Of Rocks

Trusted Supporter

I have legitimately said before that I was being facetious about SFA.

Also, what are you even talking about? "but Zelda moves away from that core formula that you were clearly not in love with for one game and now you want the dungeons back"? I never said I didn't like dungeons? Is this strictly based on the SFA thing?

22. Shrek

you were making a statement about there not even being dungeons in BotW to begin with, but your previous discussions about Zelda indicate that you didn’t love the games when there were plenty of them, so it seems there’s no flavor of Zelda you really like but i always see lots of loud negativity about them from you and i don’t get the use of energy

SEANoftheDEAD and Joe4th like this.
  23. Shrek

i can’t stand coming in here and seeing “Nah”s to other people’s opinions and snappy response gifs and the like it’s so anti-conversation can we talk about Golden Sun more how about that one Djinn hidden in that one patch of dirt in the overworld huh sure can’t find that one without a guide what a doozie

24. Vase Full Of Rocks

Trusted Supporter

8c31b4f9-9494-44a7-9ad4-d4808254f056.gif

25. The Lucky Moose

Oh boy

Vase Full Of Rocks likes this.