Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Nintendo Video Game • Page 665

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by zigbigwig, Mar 31, 2016.

1. zigbigwig

I Miss Jake W Prestigious

you can start by downloading the puyo puyo vs tetris demo just for practice. then go for Tetris 99 because it's so addicting lol.

i second the person who said that there should be some sort of cosmetics/ranking/rewards system in the game.

ikanacanyon and theagentcoma like this.
  2. zigbigwig

Bad Frequencies likes this.
  3. oakhurst

Trusted Supporter

4. zigbigwig

Source: PlatinumGames studio head shares a message about Astral Chain - Nintendo Everything

With today’s Nintendo Direct, we at PlatinumGames are proud to show off our latest project: Astral Chain, a thrilling new Synergetic Action game for Nintendo Switch. We’ve been working on Astral Chain for a while now, but we’ve had to keep it under wraps until now. But now that it’s announced, you won’t have too long to wait – It’s coming to Nintendo Switch on August 30! I’m sure some of you were surprised to hear that an all-new, original PlatinumGames title is on its way so soon!

The idea for Astral Chain came from none other than Takahisa Taura, the lead game designer for NieR:Automata. Taura and his team – which includes veterans of such PlatinumGames classics as Bayonetta and NieR:Automata – have worked very hard to make his ideas into reality with Astral Chain, his directorial debut. Naturally, Taura’s no stranger to action games, but he’s pushed himself to new heights with the dual-character, Synergetic Action of Astral Chain.

Astral Chain brings you to a bold, near-future cyberpunk metropolis, featuring character designs by Masakazu Katsura, the acclaimed artist behind beloved manga and anime like ZETMAN and Video Girl Ai.

Last but not least, the team has received supervision and guidance from none other than Hideki Kamiya, to ensure that Astral Chain has that special something that action game fans have come to expect from PlatinumGames.

I hope that all of you will join me in looking forward to this exciting, original title from one of our up-and-coming directors. I’m confident that you’ll enjoy it.

knowing who are working on Astral Chain i am so hyped

Anthony_, DeathOrGlory, skurt and 2 others like this.
  5. Vase Full Of Rocks

Trusted Supporter

skurt likes this.
  6. Taketimeandfind

Trusted

I’m really considering replacing the game card reader on my original switch myself. It’s a $20 part. Nintendo wants to charge 100 to fix it. Local repair place is trying to tell me that I need a whole new motherboard. I have no experience in taking apart electronics but it seems like an easy fix.

skurt likes this.
  7. skurt

Sleekest of beaks. So Good.

Bad Frequencies and oldjersey like this.
  8. Shrek

can't be made fun of Prestigious

dude i feel like you have the worst Switch luck ever haha

zigbigwig and Vase Full Of Rocks like this.
  9. Taketimeandfind

Trusted

Luckily it’s the same switch. Just finally trying to get it repaired. Since I bought a new one I really don’t want to spend a lot to fix this one. And the only reason I really want to fix it is because I’ve been wanting to play splatoon 2 but I don’t want to have to start all over again. I already did that with let’s go pikachu but I wasn’t too far into that one

10. CobraKidJon

Fun must be always. Prestigious

11. Vase Full Of Rocks

Trusted Supporter

12. Really excited about Astral Chain, Nier Automata and Bayonetta 2 are two of my favorite games of the past several years

skurt likes this.
  13. oldjersey

Pro Podcaster Supporter

14. CobraKidJon

Fun must be always. Prestigious

I found my 3DS so I’m starting another campaign again in Fire Emblem Awakening. I need all my fire emblem content.

15. AndrewSoup

It's A Secret To Everyone Prestigious

decided to download Tetris 99 since it's been years since i've played tetris. ended up getting 17th on my first try (before i even knew how it worked)
    haven't managed to get past 35 in any attempt since. don't know how i did that.

16. oldjersey

Pro Podcaster Supporter

Dirty Sanchez likes this.
  17. Taketimeandfind

Trusted

zigbigwig, Shrek, sean_rugy and 2 others like this.
  18. The Lucky Moose

I'm Emotional, I Hug the Block Prestigious

Astral Chain is a Switch exclusive?

19. Philll

Trusted

I make that 2.

zigbigwig, Contender and sean_rugy like this.
  20. The Lucky Moose

I feel like they could be, and should be, making a new Wii Sports. The only problem is the rebranding.

skurt likes this.
  21. skurt

Sleekest of beaks. So Good.

New Wii Sports Deluxe for Nintendo Switch.
    Has a real ring to it.

The Lucky Moose likes this.
  22. Joe4th

Memories are nice, but that's all they are. Prestigious

@oldjersey and anyone else

Friend code is SW-5936-8177-7198

oldjersey and Shakriel like this.
  23. ^^^ I have a feeling that revived game is Scalebound

24. Taketimeandfind

Trusted

I’d love another wii sports or even just a remastered one

The Lucky Moose likes this.
  25. The Lucky Moose

There's no way it's Scalebound because given what happened there and since, it's very likely that it is both owned by Microsoft and also terrible