Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Nintendo Video Game • Page 603

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by zigbigwig, Mar 31, 2016.

1. Jake W

oh my god, I'm back on my bullshit Prestigious

Can't wait for Pikachu to force me to go to bed when I don't want to

2. billyboatman

Hopelessly Hopeful

:crylaugh:

3. Vase Full Of Rocks

Trusted Supporter

So I was thinking about what games I'd really want on Switch and I decided on a few based on one factor: the Switch's limited power compared to other consoles. Games don't need to be visually realistic or anything for me to get my fill of immersion. I think the following games would be quite good on the Switch:

Viewtiful Joe Collection (I never got to beat the whole series)
    Paper Mario & Paper Mario: Thousand Year Door
    Trauma Center 1, 2 and Trauma Team
    Sonic Adventure 2 Battle
    Custom Robo
    Warioware Smooth Moves
    Pikmin Collection

And then some not on Nintendo:
    Dark Cloud 1 & 2
    Mass Effect Trilogy
    Grand Theft Auto 3, Vice City & San Andreas
    .hack Quadrilogy

I feel like there are also a lot of games on last gen or handhelds that would do really well on Switch like Tokobot, Steambot Chronicles, Zero Escape Trilogy, Professor Layton, etc.

zigbigwig and Fucking Dustin like this.
  4. Fucking Dustin

Please click "like" Supporter

Would LOVE to have .hack on Switch, feel like they could make it run so smoothly vs how it plays on PS2

5. Vase Full Of Rocks

Trusted Supporter

It's just that the Switch could easily take (more) advantage of it's lack of power and portability by revitalizing older franchises or games that could really use the attention and hopefully lead to new iterations down the line.

I would LOVE a new Trauma Center with the joycons being so much more accurate than the Wiimotes.

Fucking Dustin likes this.
  6. billyboatman

Hopelessly Hopeful

Haha haven’t heard Viewtiful Joe in a while. Loved those games. Especially playing as Dante.

7. chris

Trusted Supporter

would lose my absolute mind over the ME trilogy on switch. would also really love to replay those first couple Paper Mario games

8. Jake W

oh my god, I'm back on my bullshit Prestigious

Give me Tokyo Mirage on Switch plz

9. Dinosaurs Dish

Prestigious Prestigious

I only played Super Paper Mario but I loved it. I need to play Thousand Year Door.

10. Taketimeandfind

Trusted

Go on eBay or Etsy and look for someone selling amiibo cards that they made. I have just about every amiibo released in the US but I haven’t opened any of them yet. I did buy the amiibo cards and I just keep them on a little keychain. So convenient. And you can get them all for like $30 or less

SEANoftheDEAD likes this.
  11. Vase Full Of Rocks

Trusted Supporter

I think if you liked Super Paper Mario that you'd love TYD.

Yes yes yes.

The Lucky Moose and Jake W like this.
  12. VanMastaIteHab

Trusted Prestigious

Man I miss Trauma Center, those DS games were amazing.

13. Vase Full Of Rocks

Trusted Supporter

I liked the second one a lot more than the first and played a bit of Trauma Team and really liked the idea of doing different jobs in a hospital.

VanMastaIteHab likes this.
  14. Shakriel

Cause I'm running low on these hours of mine Prestigious

Got a 200gb memory card (late Christmas present that initially got stolen enroute to family lol). Transferring everything. Ran out of space on my 64gb.

15. morgantayler

Human Typo Prestigious

I'm terrible at Into the Breach lol

16. Shrek

can't be made fun of Prestigious

Into the Breach feels like something i would normally be really into but i really do not like the aesthetics at all

17. Vase Full Of Rocks

Trusted Supporter

That's funny because I'm the opposite

18. Allpwrtoslaves

Trusted

I just got Into the Breach and I think you’re supposed to feel really bad at it at first. I only finally reached the Final Island on Normal difficulty I think my 6th maybe 7th try of clearing all four other islands.

I’m pissed too because I was one turn away from the bomb going off on Part 2 of the island, and there was no way my power grid would survive the turn. I ended up pulling off (what I thought) was a really clever play as far as manipulating enemy positions into all attacking each other, and it all depended on one single attack on my Grid being deflected at 25% grid defense. Of course it fucking didn’t.

VanMastaIteHab and zigbigwig like this.
  19. billyboatman

Hopelessly Hopeful

So after playing quite a bit of Guacamelee and getting the dimension shift power.. this game is freaking awesome. Super impressed. Super fun.

20. zigbigwig

I Miss Jake W Prestigious

the new games just popped up into NES.

21. The Lucky Moose

I'm Emotional, I Hug the Block Prestigious

so awesome

Jake W likes this.
  22. The Lucky Moose

Bad Frequencies likes this.
  23. The Lucky Moose

Nintendo Everything

An Arabian Nights-inspired first-person rogue-lite adventure developed by veterans of the BioShock series.

24. Contender

Goodness is Nowhere Supporter

I want Etrian Odyssey Nexus for the switch :(

Shakriel and Shrek like this.
  25. Shrek

can't be made fun of Prestigious

it’s a tough one because that game was built around the ease of having a stylus in one hand while you hold the system with the other and the switch can’t replicate that, idk how they could pull it off but it would be sad to see the series die

The Lucky Moose likes this.