Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Nintendo Video Game • Page 6

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by zigbigwig, Mar 31, 2016.

1. zigbigwig

I Miss Jake W Prestigious

The Zelda does look nice. I'm leaning towards DK (I love DK!!!).

Went to a Vans a few hours ago and a lot of those designs aren't there. Weird. (For context: I don't live in USA)

2. vein.ftm

Trusted Prestigious

Need to cop those yoshi's, my son loves yoshi

3. zigbigwig

Finally got around to playing Shovel Knight DLC.

Plague Knight is adorable and the entire campaign plays seemlessly alongside Shovel Knight's playthrough. (FYI the dlc storyline overlaps with main game)

I love this game. One of the more memorable platformers I've played in ages. I highly recommend it.

And it's insane how much free content will be added in the future!!

4. StepsInADance

so much for them! Prestigious

i played through the first level of plague knight but never went any further, should probably do that. though i have it on my vita not 3ds #betrayal

5. chris

Trusted Supporter

restarted Fates and upped the difficulty/switched to classic mode. I'm enjoying it so much more now

6. zigbigwig

Traitor!!!! Haha. Plague Knight's control scheme is trickier (I'll admit I finished the game without ever mastering it) but he's way more mobile than Shovel Knight and has more tricks. I love it. feels like he could fit easily in Smash. He just needs a bit more patience. It gets incredibly fun once you start collecting the bomb cases, fuses, etc. you can mix/match attributes to create your own attacks.

Also not really spoilers but it's hilarious the way SK is portrayed in the dlc. In someone else's point of view he seems just like a silent dick harrassing randoms. Made me laugh so hard. You'd definitely root for Plague.

7. zigbigwig

Yeeees. Classic is where it's at. Although I have nothing against people who play Casual. Not everyone plays FE with the intention of throwing the 3DS out of frustration.

Started with GBA Fire Emblem and I'm running FE on lunatic now. Feels good and sad at the same time haha.

WhitestKidUKnow likes this.
  8. chris

Trusted Supporter

The biggest reason I played casual was that when I played Awakening on classic and lose a character I liked I would just restart the entire level and was doing that pretty often so I figured just play casual and not lie to myself like I was gonna let people die haha. I'm learning to let go now tho

9. zigbigwig

@chris haha that's the reason i like classic. You're forced to pull everything you've got just to keep everyone alive. Also prevents suicidal attacks since it punishes that. I like the challenge, well, as long as you accept the fact that god hates you and makes every attack by the opponent a critical hit. Some days, man.

But it def needs more time investment than casual.

10. White

Cum for the Cum God. Prestigious

I've always wanted to play FE, but I have commitment issues when it comes to RPGs.

What I'm getting at basically is I don't want to piss away money for nothing so someone here buy it for me.

11. The Lucky Moose

I'm Emotional, I Hug the Block Prestigious

I'm enjoying the new FE a lot. Phoenix mode might actualy allow me to finish a FE game. I always lost interest in the past because I had to replay battles.

12. Jake Gyllenhaal

Wookie of the Year Supporter

This kid had a baller Nintendo Christmas

13. Morrissey

Trusted

That was a sweet video until the cat at the end. It probably died before the Gameboy.

14. zigbigwig

Zelda looks beautiful.

NationalPhenomenon likes this.
  15. zigbigwig

Breath of the Wild is looking awesome. I'm on board.

16. vein.ftm

Trusted Prestigious

Looks so fucking good

17. chris

Trusted Supporter

damn, gonna have to pick up a Wii U next time they go on sale or something before new LoZ comes out, looks incredible

18. zigbigwig

This is how I imagined open world games would be. Climbing mechanic is gonna solve my path finding problems (one thing I've always hated in open world)

SpyKi likes this.
  19. zigbigwig

20. The Lucky Moose

I'm Emotional, I Hug the Block Prestigious

It looks absolutely amazing

21. chris

Trusted Supporter

Cool sale, will def download Oracle of Seasons & Ages. Have wanted to play those again for a while

22. zigbigwig

@chris does it hold up well? I haven't played it at all.

23. Henry

Moderator Moderator

Might download that Hatsune Miku game. lol

24. zigbigwig

^I own the physical version. Arguably the best music/rhythm game in the system.

I was not a fan of Theatrhythm.

25. chris

Trusted Supporter

Short answer: yes I think so, especially considering it's originally a GBC title.

I haven't played Oracle of Seasons since like middle school maybe (I forget if I ever download and played it on an emulator afterwards), and I don't ever see it mentioned among Ocarina or Link to the Past as one of the greats (I seem to remember ages, seasons, and minish cap catching a bad rap for being produced by Capcom), but it's probably one of my favorite LoZ games (could be 100% nostalgia though, haha)