Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Nintendo Video Game • Page 597

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by zigbigwig, Mar 31, 2016.

1. RyanPm40

The Torment of Existence Supporter

Well, just realized the rumble doesn't seem to work on my adapter despite the two USBs. What a bummer.

At least, no rumble in MK8 and I think I read that it should rumble when first plugging it in?

2. ComedownMachine

Prestigious Supporter

Yoshi is March 29th

RyanPm40 and ChiliTacos like this.
  3. cybele

set our hearts ablaze Supporter

Anyone have any experience with sending in a joy con for repairs? Is it easy?

My right joystick keeps drifting and even though I've tried calibration a zillion times it doesn't seem to help. I really am bummed out by this since that means that I'll have to go a couple of weeks without that controller.

zigbigwig likes this.
  4. RyanPm40

The Torment of Existence Supporter

Been worried I'd have to do that with my left joycon from my brand new Switch, too. It randomly disconnects and tells me to press LR again, or seems to occasionally drift in Mario Kart. Kind of rarely, but super annoying. Let me know how it goes if you end up biting the bullet.

I think I read that back when the left joycon had a defect, people got their joycon back from repair within 5 days so maybe it won't be too bad

5. Taketimeandfind

Trusted

Yeah two of my left joy cons drift pretty bad. I only really notice it while playing breath of the wild. If I stop moving link he will just start walking to the left in his own

6. CobraKidJon

Fun must be always. Prestigious

7. sean_rugy Jan 9, 2019
    (Last edited: Jan 9, 2019)
    sean_rugy

select all delete Prestigious

Momodora looks good. only on the Japanese shop?

edit: nvm it's out tomorrow everywhere. add another to the wish list!

8. Henry

Moderator Moderator

So much hype for New Super Mario Bros U, but I can't justify spending $60 on a last gen game. I really hate that Nintendo constantly pulls this shit.

RyanPm40 and billyboatman like this.
  9. Shrek

can't be made fun of Prestigious

NSMBU was squarely average six years ago, no chance i’d spend more than $20 in it

10. JaytotheGee

Trusted Prestigious

It went down to like $42.99 at some point on Amazon so I preordered it then

11. SEANoftheDEAD

Trusted

Yeah, $60 is a little absurd for a reboot.

billyboatman likes this.
  12. Shrek

if you’ve never played it and it’s got the “new to you” aspect going, it may be worth it. like, if you’re one of the many that haven’t played a 2D Mario since the Wii. it’s also a good entry into co op games that are fine with just a single Joy Con and would be playable in tabletop mode if you’re one of those weird people with “friends” or whatever

The Lucky Moose likes this.
  13. SEANoftheDEAD

Trusted

I feel ya. Just also feel like other systems reboot last gen games for about half the price.

Shrek likes this.
  14. Shrek

for sure

SEANoftheDEAD likes this.
  15. sean_rugy

select all delete Prestigious

for some reason I thought it was $40, and that was tempting. silly me, should have known better.

billyboatman likes this.
  16. The Lucky Moose

I'm Emotional, I Hug the Block Prestigious

Yeah but those original copies haven’t kept their value like the WiiU games probably did. You find a lot of 360 games for like 15€, not so with WiiU Nintendo games. In general WiiU to Switch ports are kind of a different beasts from say a 360 to One post, partly because of the value but partly because the WiiU install base was so much smaller. Basically, their priced like “new” games because for most potential buyers they are.

SEANoftheDEAD likes this.
  17. I'll pay the 60 for Mario whatever

The Lucky Moose and skurt like this.
  18. oldjersey

Pro Podcaster Supporter

Solid game!!

RyanPm40 and The Lucky Moose like this.
  19. Shrek

i’ve been excited for the last day about Dragon’s Dogma coming to Switch, that game has always looked extremely my shit but having it handheld breaks it through the ceiling into my must play list finally

gonna wait on reviews and see how performance is tho

Bad Frequencies likes this.
  20. slimfenix182

FUCKIN SAVAGES IN THAT FUCKIN BOX Prestigious

I've played the hell out of this on my 3DS, really fun

Bad Frequencies likes this.
  21. Taketimeandfind

Trusted

Restarted breath of the wild with my son and I forgot how beautiful the beginning is. Also I am playing with detached joycons while laying in bed with my hands behind my head

22. billyboatman

Hopelessly Hopeful

Ended up pulling the trigger and getting the neon yellow pair of Joy-cons off amazon. Cheapest I’ve seen them at $66

Finally a new set.

zigbigwig likes this.
  23. zigbigwig

I Miss Jake W Prestigious

neon yellow is my favorite set.

yellow-blue is a good combination too!

so far i have:
    red-blue
    blue-red
    yellow-yellow

probably means it's time to get a new set.

billyboatman likes this.
  24. billyboatman

Hopelessly Hopeful

I wish they’d come out with a pure neon green set. I love that color from the Mario party bundle. My current are the blood red Mario Odyssey bundle ones. Definitely starting to lack after all those Zelda, Smash, Hollow Knight, Shovel Knight, Celeste sessions. Definitely downgraded to player 3 controller haha

25. Joe4th

Memories are nice, but that's all they are. Prestigious

I picked up the Neon pink/green set a couple weeks ago and they are my favorite