Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Nintendo Video Game • Page 595

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by zigbigwig, Mar 31, 2016.

1. Fucking Dustin

Please click "like" Supporter

Respect (and same for my list)

2. CrumbDonuts4Me

While I appreciate and love that Nintendo built a game as robust and beautiful as BOTW, as a Zelda game I really didn't enjoy it.

A Link To The Past somehow still manages to be just as beautiful and polished as most games that come out today. It baffles me. There are a few mechanics and fights I don't like so I dropped it a bit.

Joe4th and Fucking Dustin like this.
  3. BTDandFeelingThis

Now I Know This World Isn’t Spinning Just For Me Prestigious

ALTTP is amazing. So is BOTW though.

Only Zelda that wasn’t was Skyward Sword imo

skurt and Jake W like this.
  4. CrumbDonuts4Me

I feel like SS tried to do too much. I'd like to give it another try with an HD release without motion controls and see if it's any better.

5. BTDandFeelingThis

That my plan too. I think the motion controls were what infuriated me to not even finishing the game. The only Zelda I haven’t finished

CrumbDonuts4Me likes this.
  6. The Lucky Moose

I'm Emotional, I Hug the Block Prestigious

To me both TP and SW had some great stuff in it that stands out even in the whole series, but like they made so many bad design decisions that really drag down the whole experience imo.

7. BTDandFeelingThis

I actually love TP. Although I feel like the wolf link was overdone, I always preferred plying as human Link

8. I remember loving parts of TP and thinking it was like an updated OoT.

But I also remember being kind of underwhelmed by all the wolf stuff.

9. BTDandFeelingThis

10. The Lucky Moose

Those Wolf collection missions are so terrible. I just can’t overlook that shit when comparing games to each other in an acclaimed series like that. SW basically has the same problem.

They brought some great art and lore to the series though.

skurt and Joe4th like this.
  11. slimfenix182

FUCKIN SAVAGES IN THAT FUCKIN BOX Prestigious

Love it. I wanna replay it now haha

Have always preferred top down Zeldas. Also ashamed to say I'm kind of terrible at 3D Zelda games lol

The Lucky Moose likes this.
  12. CrumbDonuts4Me

I am in the minority that thinks ALBW is just average. Wayyyy too easy and little reason to play again or explore for me.

Some website ranked it higher than Fire Emblem Awakening as the best 3DS game and I got seriously upset.

13. zigbigwig

I Miss Jake W Prestigious

i waited for a friend to finish the game so I can do Hero mode and thought it was top tier.

Awakening vs ALBW is tough for me. I’d say ALBW is a tighter game but whenever I think about my time with Awakening and how it felt like a proper swan song to an amazing franchise, I just don’t know. I started FE during the GBA era and to see it grow and end was just too much haha.

obviously that didn’t happen (which totally wasted my drama but overall an awesome turn of events) because FE is alive and kicking and bigger than ever.

14. The Lucky Moose

Minish Cap underrated

15. zigbigwig

I Miss Jake W Prestigious

no joke after i unlocked the music player I played the English version on repeat while I was collecting the rest of the moons haha.

New Donky City ending turned me into a baby. i have no idea how people were able to get through that without feeling goosebumps

EDIT: new donk city!

Joe4th and The Lucky Moose like this.
  16. I'm planning on playing Skyward Sword soon because I told myself I'd finish out my backlog of console Zeldas before I dive into BOTW. Except for Zelda 2, don't really have much interest in playing that one haha. Just played the original LoZ and LttP for the first time in 2018.

17. The Lucky Moose

Same.

It’s also on Spotify btw.

zigbigwig likes this.
  18. StepsInADance

so much for them! Prestigious

wow, we have the exact same take on 3d zelda games. i maybe prefer twilight to ocarina, but idk its been a while since i played twilight.

19. StepsInADance

so much for them! Prestigious

yeah jump up superstar is a great song but why does no one talk about this tremendous psych rock jam?

20. oldjersey

Pro Podcaster Supporter

Looks like somethin i'd play.

CrumbDonuts4Me likes this.
  21. sean_rugy

select all delete Prestigious

Bad Frequencies likes this.
  22. oldjersey

Pro Podcaster Supporter

Dammit

Bad Frequencies likes this.
  23. billyboatman

Hopelessly Hopeful

I’m not a huge Zelda fan at all. But I loved BoTW. Just could have used a little more story.

24. CrumbDonuts4Me

There was a story?!

AndrewSoup likes this.
  25. Jake W

oh my god, I'm back on my bullshit Prestigious

I tried to get into this on PS4 but it was very dated