Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Nintendo Video Game • Page 568

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by zigbigwig, Mar 31, 2016.

1. loudasallgetout

Trusted Supporter

If Joker is in Smash it makes sense. Never played it. Never heard of it before that Smash announcement.

2. oldjersey

Pro Podcaster Supporter

I played a solid chunk of it, I need to go back to it. Graphically it doesn't seem like a tough port? I don't know much about that. I'd said there's a pretty decent shot of it happening. It's a very in depth and fun game.

billyboatman likes this.
  3. StepsInADance

so much for them! Prestigious

id love to see it on switch. i got super far but i got stuck in a certain part and now i feel like just waiting to see if it gets ported and just beat it there. i think it seems really plausible, the graphics probably won't be too hard to port over but there is a lot of content in the game so there might be some issues with that? also atlus seems to have a good relationship with nintendo and seems pretty hyped on the switch.

4. chris

Trusted Supporter

Played through the first couple of bosses in P5 but moved around that time and was unable to play my PS4 for a bit so I sold the game on craigslist, would love to pick it up again on Switch. P4G one of my favs

5. zigbigwig

I Miss Jake W Prestigious

yeah i would prefer p5 on a portable gaming device. i kept falling asleep when I was playing it on the PS4 and never finished it. It’s a very good game though (besides the sluggish start)

it’s a big factor for me to be able to play grindy RPG games on the go. i’ll probably never touch Etrian Odyssey/SMT if it was on a home console haha

6. billyboatman

Hopelessly Hopeful

I love JRPG’s and it seems like the perfect game for switch. Thanks for all the feedback.

7. zigbigwig

now in excited. a P5P would be a day 1 buy for me.

8. Jake W

oh my god, I'm back on my bullshit Prestigious

It's the best game ever

billyboatman likes this.
  9. The Lucky Moose

I'm Emotional, I Hug the Block Prestigious

He’s also in PersonaQ 2 though, which is a 3DS exclusive, so really him being in Smash isn’t as big a hint as people want it to be.

Vase Full Of Rocks and Jake W like this.
  10. The Lucky Moose

Technically it should be fine given that’s it’s also on PS3 which isn’t quite as strong as the Switch.

Jake W likes this.
  11. CobraKidJon

Fun must be always. Prestigious

zigbigwig likes this.
  12. zigbigwig

already downloaded that boxing demo haha

13. Matt

Living with the land Supporter

It’s my favorite game

Jake W likes this.
  14. billyboatman

Hopelessly Hopeful

It’s that good huh? That’s what I’ve heard from others. What is it the story, or gameplay? Both. Would it matter I’ve played the others? I’ve read it’s related to Tensei series.

15. Vase Full Of Rocks

Trusted Supporter

I doubt a port will come to Switch. Persona (mainline entries) are always PlayStation exclusive and as someone said, PQ2 (spin-off) has Joker in it and is on the 3DS. They have a good relationship, but the only game I really expect from Atlus at this time on Switch is the next SMT entry as those are always (as of late) Nintendo exclusive.

Also, P5 is really good, definitely a great starting point, but the pace can be really trying for some. P4G is still the gold standard for Persona.

16. Jake W

Both are two of my favourite games but P5 > P4G

Joe4th likes this.
  17. Vase Full Of Rocks

Trusted Supporter

No.

18. Jake W

Joe4th likes this.
  19. Jake W

Has anyone here got YS VIII on Switch? Is the port really as bad as I'm seeing people say elsewhere?

20. Joe4th

Memories are nice, but that's all they are. Prestigious

I much prefer 5 over 4. Honestly, 4 is my least favorite of 3/4/5 but all are incredible

Kevin360 likes this.
  21. Kevin360

Someday I’ll find me Prestigious

I want to play a Persona game, but with five entries to the series, it just seems daunting.

Are they standalone games? Or a continuing story?

22. Joe4th

Memories are nice, but that's all they are. Prestigious

Standalone. Besides some casual references here and there to others. I would recommend starting with 5 since it would be your first.

billyboatman likes this.
  23. Kevin360

Someday I’ll find me Prestigious

Nice! I might try to grab it the next time there’s a lull between releases.

If it’s really coming to Switch as it’s currently rumored, I’ll grab it day one. Or I should be smart and grab it for the cheap on PS4. Haha.

Thanks!

24. Jake W

It is weird how the Persona main games are only on PlayStation consoles, and SMT(recently anyway) and the Persona Q games are on Nintendo consoles. Since SMT V is currently going to be Switch only, I doubt Switch will be getting Persona 5

Joe4th likes this.
  25. The Lucky Moose

It's very convoluted. I would really like to see the deals that have been made there, if they have been made that is.

Jake W likes this.