Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Nintendo Video Game • Page 534

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by zigbigwig, Mar 31, 2016.

1. yung_ting

Trusted Supporter

as someone who has never *really* played a Pokémon game (I mean, probably red/blue when I was tot and had no idea what I was doing or something) I'm pretty cool having an easy entry point before the mainline game next year. I'm pretty much the target demo for this thing

2. loudasallgetout

Trusted Supporter

Having my first real Mario Party party tonight.

sean_rugy and Matt like this.
  3. CobraKidJon

Fun must be always. Prestigious

I want to get Mario party so bad but red dead.

4. jordanjohnson09

Regular

splatoween

Contender likes this.
  5. The Lucky Moose

I'm Emotional, I Hug the Block Prestigious

Every Pokemon game is as deep or accessible as you want it to be. I don’t really see these new ones as gateway games (little kids being an exception). If anything, you might be wondering what all the fuss is about. However, I’m not saying you shouldn’t play them of course.

6. yung_ting

Trusted Supporter

well then, shows what I know! Idk, trailers look cute but I'm not in any rush for it, will wait on reviews

The Lucky Moose likes this.
  7. CobraKidJon

zigbigwig likes this.
  8. sean_rugy

select all delete Prestigious

bummer, looking forward to this one

zigbigwig likes this.
  9. oldjersey

Pro Podcaster Supporter

Finally found someone to play Mario Party with. Some girl. I'm gonna kick her ass lmao.

zigbigwig, AndrewSoup and JaytotheGee like this.
  10. Vase Full Of Rocks

Trusted Supporter

Yo, the new Mario Party is simultaneously great and fucking atrocious.

loudasallgetout likes this.
  11. zigbigwig

I Miss Jake W Prestigious

My SO and her friends ganged up on me in Mario Party until I was left with 1 star, but then I got both end game bonus and still won since I had the most coins.

Man, that was so satisfying.

ikanacanyon and GrantCloud like this.
  12. Allpwrtoslaves

Trusted

Would a group of violently competitive people who enjoyed the hell out of MP 2/3 enjoy this as much as the old ones?

13. Vase Full Of Rocks

Trusted Supporter

Ehhhhhh, this one is like massively unfair. More so than all the older games. One of the players last night got like three allies which all added anywhere from +3 to +6 to his roll and he always got items so he could add +5 to his roll so he got like consistent 13's-15's on his rolls and got two stars on one turn because the maps are so small. It was absolute bullshit and I hated every second.

14. GrantCloud

Prestigious Prestigious

Time trial on Mario kart is so fun, yet exhausting because you always want to beat the record of others

15. GrantCloud

Prestigious Prestigious

Also my code is 3665-1113-4428

Let’s be buds and play Mario kart

dadbolt likes this.
  16. loudasallgetout

Trusted Supporter

Yeah the stars costing only 10 coins and being so close means you can easily get 2 in one turn. You can never count yourself out because of that. I played a 15 turn game the other day and it was 4-4-4-0 on stars with 2 turns left and it finished 4-3-4-3.

17. Vase Full Of Rocks

Trusted Supporter

The basic problem with the game is the randomness. Randomness in games is fine, but as long as it's offset by something else or utilized in a way where it doesn't become overpowering. Mario Party doesn't do ANYTHING to offset it, which is just poor game design. And I get their whole concept of "anyone of any age or skill level should be able to play" but they are legitimately making it so everyone, especially kids are going to be stewing in anger in their seats because it doesn't matter how successful you are at anything, the game decides for you in so many ways.

The mini games are mostly a lot of fun and I think the best modes are the co-op rafting thing and the music game one because you play a bunch of minigames very quickly, but the boards themselves are pretty shit.

18. Vase Full Of Rocks

Trusted Supporter

No. There's a difference. There are different levels of unfairness. There's the level where "oh this is so silly, it's hectic and fun and stressful. I can't wait to see who wins" and then there's "it legitimately doesn't matter what I do because the game decides for me so it's basically me just watching for a long time until a minigame happens and there's like 10% fun being had in an hour and a half long game". There needs to be a balance. It's poor game design anyway you look at it.

The Lucky Moose likes this.
  19. CobraKidJon

just give me a mini game game and I’m ok. This new dice system is weird as heck.

20. ComedownMachine

Prestigious Supporter

That exists though and it was poorly received

21. CobraKidJon

lmao I must have missed that then

22. Vase Full Of Rocks

Trusted Supporter

I actually like the new dice system, it doesn't work with the small maps though

loudasallgetout likes this.
  23. VanMastaIteHab

Trusted Prestigious

I do wish there was at least one bigger map but that’s really my only complaint with the new Mario party. I’m having tons of fun with it every time I play.

Vase Full Of Rocks likes this.
  24. zigbigwig

I Miss Jake W Prestigious

oh man my team lost Splatfest again. this is ridiculous

on topic of Mario Party: Slaparazzi might be the fan favorite so far. I've played lots of games with different crowds and every time that comes up it's just a riot

25. Matt

Living with the land Supporter

One of my favorite games is the one where you just cook a steak properly

Vase Full Of Rocks likes this.