Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Nintendo Video Game • Page 532

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by zigbigwig, Mar 31, 2016.

1. oldjersey

Pro Podcaster Supporter

Someone on reddit mentioned making a Zelda rougelike and that needs to happen ASAFP

ChiliTacos likes this.
  2. Shrek

can't be made fun of Prestigious

would be cool if it was the next 2D entry but i would need it to not replace 2D entries entirely. miss that top-down dungeon design. really wish that old Links Awakening remake rumor was true.

3. Taketimeandfind

Trusted

Why exactly are they called roguelikes?

4. yung_ting

Trusted Supporter

Rogue is the first (?) dungeon crawler game so that's how the genre got its name, I'm pretty sure. Much like how Metroidvanias are games that pull progression/platforming elements from Metroid/Castlevania

5. Taketimeandfind

Trusted

I don’t think I’ve ever really played a rougelike except binding of Isaac and I couldn’t really get a handle on it

6. Matt

Living with the land Supporter

Finally got a chance to play Super Mario Party with friends and it’s so much fun. We were screaming

7. The Lucky Moose

I'm Emotional, I Hug the Block Prestigious

Rogue was the first game of it’s type and for a long time it was such a niche-genre that it didn’t get its own name

8. yung_ting

Trusted Supporter

will Nintendo every give me a multiplayer FPS :(

9. K_special93

Regular

the closest youll ever get to that is splatoon. which is pretty fun in regular turf war, cant say how ranked matches are since I dont touch that side of slpatoon. dont feel like getting rekted by people who basically bought a switch for splatoon

10. yung_ting

Trusted Supporter

I mean, I don't see why this is true when we have Doom and Wolfenstein on the console and Doom Eternal on the way? I just want something with more emphasis on multiplayer (which Doom has but from what I understand it isn't very active)

11. ComedownMachine

Prestigious Supporter

Turf war is the worst mode in Splatoon. You’re missing out!

12. Vase Full Of Rocks

Trusted Supporter

Turf War is definitely NOT the worst mode.

The Lucky Moose likes this.
  13. ComedownMachine

Prestigious Supporter

Actually yeah there’s some other mode I forgot about that sucks. I don’t even remember it and I’m too lazy to look

Vase Full Of Rocks likes this.
  14. Vase Full Of Rocks

Trusted Supporter

Salmon Run is so good with a team that knows what's up.

15. ComedownMachine

Prestigious Supporter

Which means it’s almost never good :(

16. yung_ting

Trusted Supporter

hate Salmon Run (only because I'm bad)

17. The Lucky Moose

Turf War is the best thing to happen to shooters since like Bad Company 2

18. The Lucky Moose

19. Vase Full Of Rocks

Trusted Supporter

The Lucky Moose likes this.
  20. AndrewSoup

It's A Secret To Everyone Prestigious

jumping in on the Splatoon talk; Turf War can still be fun, for me it's mostly during Splatfests.
    I played like a half dozen TW matches a while back and it must have just happened to be when a bunch of children were on cause i won by landslides every time, it ended up not even being fun.
    like, most of the players weren't even trying to win.

21. AndrewSoup

also; i just bought Overcooked Special Edition and playing that by myself is actually harder than i thought, lol.
    and it doesn't help that one of the thumbsticks on my joycons is slightly broken

Joe4th and Vase Full Of Rocks like this.
  22. yung_ting

Trusted Supporter

it's like straight up impossible by yourself lol

23. AndrewSoup

i should've considered the fact that i have no friends before buying that.... :tear:

24. yung_ting

Trusted Supporter

Yeah, I wish there was some sort of single player mode (my girlfriend gets too frustrated when we play it) but seeing as the whole thing is based around co-operation it wouldn't really work with a bot

AndrewSoup likes this.
  25. Shrek

can't be made fun of Prestigious

Overcooked is great but we always have a hard time picking it back after a prolonged period of playing other things, the timing is so it’s own