Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Nintendo Video Game • Page 461

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by zigbigwig, Mar 31, 2016.

1. Ben

Trusted Prestigious

I put in my 80 hours in Stardew, think I'm good for now. I'm excited for the multiplayer though, when that comes out my wife and I are not going to have a life for a couple of weeks.

oldjersey likes this.
  2. Vase Full Of Rocks

Trusted Supporter

What I would give for a new Rune Factory game...shame they went under.

mymusicalsyn and zigbigwig like this.
  3. sean_rugy

select all delete Prestigious

Second in game day or real life day?

4. Vase Full Of Rocks

Trusted Supporter

Real life. Maybe I was just expecting too much, but I felt it was just a chore to play.

5. dorfmac

Trusted

anyone have strong opinions on fallout shelter? i feel like it's kinda boring and a lot of waiting around to collect caps, but maybe i'm missing something?

6. Vase Full Of Rocks

Trusted Supporter

Nope. Pretty much sums it up.

7. sean_rugy

I’d say give it another shot if you’re really interested but I know it’s not for everyone. There was a point halfway through the first season where I got into a routine and it all clicked. The hook is going to sleep and seeing what you were able to produce and that was enough for me.

ChiliTacos likes this.
  8. Vase Full Of Rocks

Trusted Supporter

It's funny because I loved Harvest Moon (before they changed developers because now the original Harvest Moon developers are Story Of Seasons) and Rune Factory, but this just doesn't have the charm. A lot of the love interests are boring (and one is just a jerk). I did like the whole dungeon crawling aspect though.

9. VanMastaIteHab

Trusted Prestigious

Anyone playing Aces yet? Kind of not sure if I want to spend $60 on it...but I enjoyed the demo weekend from the little I played there. What is the rest of the game like?

10. JaytotheGee

Trusted Prestigious

Mine is sitting at home now. Stoked to play but I'm seeing Against Me tonight so probably won't get to it until tomorrow

VanMastaIteHab likes this.
  11. Vase Full Of Rocks

Trusted Supporter

I was going to pre-order it but bailed at the last second upon hearing how frustrating the single player was.

12. dotKev

@dotkevin

This new one is the "Bedrock" update. Brand new engine, cross-play, realms support, 60 FPS, runs on Xbox servers, etc. Also has the Aquatic update. All Minecrafts (minus PS4) now run this same version of the game. The old Nintendo Switch Edition is pretty much a different game & will no longer be supported.

13. sean_rugy

hold on. I don’t think I can just play a 1v1 match online with a friend in Aces...

or I’m missing something

14. Vase Full Of Rocks

Trusted Supporter

Leave it to Nintendo to leave out something so simple and practical.

15. Joel

Trusted Prestigious

yeah, so far... I think I'm waiting for a sale on this one

16. Ben

Trusted Prestigious

Pretty sure you can 1v1 with a friend online. The only thing you can't do is 2v2 with one friend against randoms, which is really fucking stupid as my friend and I have been excited for months now about dominating the doubles circuit online.

17. sean_rugy

really?! this is so lame Nintendo, why do you do this? I can't figure out how to even do the 1v1 thing.

18. VanMastaIteHab

Trusted Prestigious

Can you do this if split screen?

19. Ben

Trusted Prestigious

Well technically the screen isn't split as everyone is in the same court, but I think I get what you're asking. Yes you can do 2v2 against randoms if you're 9n the same Switch.

VanMastaIteHab likes this.
  20. dotKev

@dotkevin

Nintendo really screwed this one up. Black Friday it is.

Vase Full Of Rocks likes this.
  21. Vase Full Of Rocks

Trusted Supporter

Nintendo doesn't understand how the basics of sports work...

22. Nintendo kicked my dog

23. dorfmac

Trusted

But at least we have fortnite now? I never played it before it came to switch. Definitely hooked.

dotKev likes this.
  24. dotKev

@dotkevin

Yeah my wife is hooked too. I'm guilty for that lol

25. sean_rugy

I’m loving the game don’t get me wrong, especially because I’m mercilessly beating my friends right now. There’s just some weird online and quality of life choices that don’t make sense.

Vase Full Of Rocks likes this.