Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Nintendo Video Game • Page 420

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by zigbigwig, Mar 31, 2016.

1. dorfmac

Trusted

2. mymusicalsyn

Stand Up Sweater Gang

Is the first one worth getting at this point? I was going to wait for it to go on sale again but...dang

3. CobraKidJon

Fun must be always. Prestigious

not really imo. They made the grind to unlock all the players ridiculous and I don't want to pay to unlock them. The game play is a resounding meh.

4. mymusicalsyn

Stand Up Sweater Gang

That's reassuring. I always thought I was judging the gameplay videos too harshly. I'm still holding out hope for an NBA or NFL street, but maaaaaybe Playgrounds 2 will step up? Maybe?

5. I usually go with Tanooki Mario in the GLA because I think it’s funny

6. The Lucky Moose

I'm Emotional, I Hug the Block Prestigious

h8bit likes this.
  7. TheBaroness

a burst and I'm awake now Supporter

Honestly wouldn’t surprise me if they’ve ripped up Yoshi and started again, the trailer seemed kinda mediocre (might also explain lack of Q1 titles, I always assumed it was going to be released fairly close to Kirby). Really hope we get Fire Emblem before the end of the year, it’s probably my most anticipated game.

Re: VC - honestly not too bothered if we don’t get NES and SNES games, but I’m really desperate for some N64 and GameCube titles so one way or another I hope they release those. Not super optimistic at this stage though.

h8bit and mymusicalsyn like this.
  8. zigbigwig

I Miss Jake W Prestigious

Looks like I’m skipping Labo for now. I converted it from peso, and SRP is 120USD and 130USD.

No way I’m paying for that. Ridiculous.

Contender likes this.
  9. dorfmac

Trusted

I think Labo is a cool concept, but I just could never see myself being interested in it. The reviews I've read seem kind of mixed as well and talk about how there isn't much depth to the games, but the enjoyment is in the creation.

10. DeathOrGlory

Just a friendly reminder

My littlest sister has gone out of her way multiple times to mention that she saw Labo at the games store. I think this thing is going to kill in its target demographic.

zigbigwig and sean_rugy like this.
  11. sean_rugy

select all delete Prestigious

All of these publications should have Labo reviewed by a group of kids. They'll tell it like it is and probably love it.

Kennedy and DeathOrGlory like this.
  12. CobraKidJon

atticusfinch and Contender like this.
  13. Professor Plumbob

Trusted Supporter

Is Giant Bomb doing a Labo stream today? I think Jeff mentioned wanting to do one a while back (also happy thread page 420 on mobile)

zigbigwig likes this.
  14. zigbigwig

I Miss Jake W Prestigious

I’m at 234. But I kind of want to copy your posts per page setting just for the day.

Joel and Mrplum5089 like this.
  15. DeathOrGlory

Just a friendly reminder

Another pitch perfect bit of marketing by Nintendo. Feels like I'm on another planet.

16. Matt

Living with the land Supporter

My roommate got a Labo kit today and built the fishing rod. Very cool

zigbigwig likes this.
  17. The Lucky Moose

18. atticusfinch

Together We'll Fight the Long Defeat Supporter

Built the piano from the Labo set today, and it took about 3ish hours. Highly satisfied. The real joy is in the discovery behind how it all works. I had no idea joycons could take images through the IR sensor. Science is cool.

Plus, this thing teaches people basic programming concepts. Amazing.

Mrplum5089 likes this.
  19. The Lucky Moose

20. Joel

Trusted Prestigious

Light Fall is out in two days!?!? Yooo, if reviews are good I'm picking that up as soon as I get paid

But seriously, full Pop for Donkey Kong? That is pretty bullshit, I'm really looking forward to it but definitely waiting for a sale. I hardly played it on Wii U because I wasn't really gaming back then but i know I scored it for way less than that

21. CobraKidJon

ugman_2000, AndrewSoup and zigbigwig like this.
  22. DeRRek

Trusted

It’s been a long time coming but I finally have it. Can’t wait to get it set up after work

Attached Files:

ugman_2000, ECV, morgantayler and 6 others like this.
  23. DeRRek

Trusted

Anyone know if it’s better to charge the switch straight out the box or play it until it runs out first?

24. atticusfinch

Together We'll Fight the Long Defeat Supporter

LRG 002 and 003 acquired!

25. recall reality

"But existing is basically all I do!" Prestigious

Labo's Toy-Con Garage is so awesome. As more kits comes out and people get a better handle on the software we're going to see some really cool creations. People are already experimenting and programming some incredible stuff.

ugman_2000, ChiliTacos and sean_rugy like this.