Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Nintendo Video Game • Page 4

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by zigbigwig, Mar 31, 2016.

1. ikanacanyon

Free jake w

Links's Awakening is one of the only Zelda games I haven't beaten. I have it on my DS but just haven't gotten around to it. Maybe I'll give it a shot after I wrap up FFIII.

electro haikus likes this.
  2. Shrek

can't be made fun of Prestigious

Pretty weird stuff jumping on Goombas from warp pipes lol.

WhitestKidUKnow likes this.
  3. zigbigwig

I Miss Jake W Prestigious

I'll be honest: ALBW is the only actual Zelda I finished. I have OoT and the first NES game but haven't gotten around to it.

Nobody hurt me! Didn't have Wii or Gamecube or N64 before. But I intend to play them sometime as well.

Oh no wait I playe the DS ones

4. StepsInADance

so much for them! Prestigious

strangely enough links awakening was the first zelda game i owned

5. Surfwax

bring on the major leagues Supporter

Links awakening is probably my favorite game of all time

Taketimeandfind likes this.
  6. Shrek

It certainly gets the very most out of the original gameplay, I'm consistently impressed with how smooth the whole game feels.

7. wordzanddreamz

and a millions screams...

God, A Link To The Past is so lit.

8. zigbigwig

Humble Friends of Nintendo Bundle (pay what you want and help charity)

$1
    Retro City Rampage (3DS)
    Affordable Space Adventures (Wii U)
    Shantae and the Pirate's Curse (3DS/Wii U)

Beat the Average Price ($9.70 at the moment)
    Freedom Planet (Wii U)
    Rhythm Thief and the Emperor's Treasure (3DS)
    Citizens of Earth (Wii U or 3DS)
    Retro City Rampage DX Theme (3DS)
    More games coming soon

$13
    Super Street Fighter IV: 3D Edition (3DS)
    Darksiders 2 (Wii U)

9. Doomsday

Trusted Prestigious

Investors meeting today, should have some new information on the NX in like ~12ish hours. It won't be too much, but Miitomo was announced at one of these things

10. zigbigwig

NX drops March 2017

11. Morrissey

Trusted

Waiting until 2017 with the NX is so bizarre, especially coupled with the fact that the big game everyone wanted this year is waiting until 2017 too. Combined with Nintendo's refusal to lower games from their sixty dollar price tag, why would anyone buy a Wii U for the next 11 months?

12. MrRobot

Twitter/IG: @scott325

And they're not even ready to launch it at E3? They probably shouldn't even be releasing something in the same fiscal year that they're not ready to demo it.

13. Morrissey

Trusted

Coming out that late, it better be significantly more powerful than the Sony and Microsoft consoles. It is going to have to compete with the next consoles of those companies; people are not going to want to buy another console that stops getting games after about two and a half years.

14. Nintendo has made some mind-blowingly terrible decisions in these past few years. I'll always root for this company, but jeez.

zigbigwig likes this.
  15. Shrek

It's going to be an interesting climate to be releasing a new console in, that's for sure. It will be after the dust has settled in regards to VR, PS4.5/the rumored Xbone upgrade, and will be releasing as we approach spring/summer and a general downturn in game sales and major releases. Some of these are pros, some are cons. Bottom line is Nintendo will be the only one in the market with a full-fledged new product for sale. If they continue to release their new toy a couple years after Sony/Microsoft, they may benefit from not fighting for market share with two other brand new consoles during a holiday season. It'll be a day one purchase for me, even as someone who feels their day one Wii U didn't deliver.

16. Shrek

Also, Fire Emblem and Animal Crossing coming to smart phones. I am hyped!

WhitestKidUKnow likes this.
  17. Surfwax

bring on the major leagues Supporter

It's saying something that for all the stupid decisions they've made post N64 that this is possibly the stupidest thing they've ever done. Missing Christmas but only by 3 months is inexcusable really.

18. Morrissey

Trusted

They cannot afford to be third again. If it was not for the way the Wii gimmick caught on, they would be losers for twenty years now. It seems like it should not be that hard; create a system that is powerful enough to compete with other systems and a controller that is more like the Pro Controller and less like the Wiimote. People would love a Nintendo system where they can play Super Smash Bros, Zelda, Grand Theft Auto, and Call of Duty. It is hard for most people to justify a Nintendo console when the other three gaming platforms share 90 percent of games.

19. MrRobot

The controller thing might honestly be the most baffling to me. If you don't count the pro controller (and I somewhat hesitate to considering it's not their "main" controller) they haven't launched a console with a comfortable one in like 25 years. I know a lot of people swear by the Gamecube controller, but even being their best in that time frame, it's still weird and uncomfortable to me.

20. zigbigwig

I'm optimistic, and pretty excited to be honest.

21. Doomsday

Trusted Prestigious

I love Nintendo, and I'll always support them because I feel like they just make a better single player experience on console, but holy hell is it disappointing that the new Zelda is delayed until 2017 and being ported to NX. That makes my heart hurt

22. Morrissey

Trusted

It also makes their game library in future consoles weird. Nintendo N64 games suffer from one analog stick, Wii games wil always need motion, Wii U games will need some sort of second screen. PlayStation has had the same fundamental controller since the first Dualshock.

MrRobot likes this.
  23. MrRobot

I've always liked this GIF. Such a smooth transition.

[​IMG]

I wish Nintendo would build forward from the pro controller or something, because it's actually pretty decent.

NationalPhenomenon likes this.
  24. Shrek

The Wii U pro controller is arguably my favorite console controller of all the time. All of the rumored NX controller prototypes feature a touch screen, so that is likely how they'll emulate the gamepad. The gamepad was only used as anything but a shortcut to menus in a few first party games, so I imagine future Wii U VC releases/backwards compat will just be handled as if they were in off-TV mode.

25. Morrissey

Trusted

Exactly. The Wii U is the first Nintendo console I have had since the N64, and between playing Wii/Wii U games and the older virtual console library, it is like reinventing the wheel every time. I can put my old PS1 games in my PS3 and they play just like I am used to.