Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Nintendo Video Game • Page 399

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by zigbigwig, Mar 31, 2016.

1. recall reality

"But existing is basically all I do!" Prestigious

Speaking of the Celeste soundtrack, this is really cool.

zigbigwig likes this.
  2. sean_rugy

select all delete Prestigious

After 12 hours, 25 minutes, 20 seconds, and 2975 deaths I have successfully reached the summit. What a damn journey that was.

Contender, ikanacanyon and DickyCullz like this.
  3. StepsInADance

so much for them! Prestigious

so starfox for the snes is unplayable.

4. CobraKidJon

Fun must be always. Prestigious

The Lucky Moose likes this.
  5. zigbigwig

I Miss Jake W Prestigious

Haha, yeah.

I wanted to love FE: Heroes but the micros in that game are ridiculous.

6. StepsInADance

i still play heroes constantly and have spent money on it once (5 dollars on my birthday) and i have the best heroes, the best skills, have like 50+ 5 stars and am in one of the highest tiers. they give so much stuff away that the micro transactions really don't hinder you from being good or having dope shit tbh.

7. zigbigwig

I Miss Jake W Prestigious

For real? I played it for a long time (and since release and they were so generous that time) and consistently got shitty characters so I got so salty to the point that it stopped being fun for me. I had really horrible luck.

Gameplay is really good though.

8. The Lucky Moose

I'm Emotional, I Hug the Block Prestigious

I always get screwed by RNGs too, that's just our luck

9. TheBaroness

a burst and I'm awake now Supporter

Bayonetta is amazing but geez it makes my right hand go numb in handheld mode

ECV likes this.
  10. dorfmac

Trusted

I felt the same way. I guess I’ll never get to try Star Fox 2 :(

11. Control scheme is less than ideal for handheld mode lol. First game I’ve considered snagging the pro controller for.

I’m in the midst of the busiest week of the semester and all I want to do is play Bayonetta 2. Pray for me, Nintendo thread.

zigbigwig likes this.
  12. CobraKidJon

13. Professor Plumbob

Trusted Supporter

Is this by the Trials people I’m assuming? Looks great!

14. StepsInADance

finished celeste yesterday, have to say i never would have bought it had this thread not talked about it incessantly but im glad i did. there were moments where i didn't feel like the mechanics in a level where are all that great or intuitive but even in those occasions it was still a very competent platformer. but when it all worked omg it was like platforming heaven, chapter 4 and 6 were particularly awesome. like i would walk into a new screen realize what the challenge was and just laugh out of sheer happiness. also love that the game sometimes felt like a puzzle game where id be looking at a screen not knowing what to do and feel great when it finally clicked.

gotta say though i wasn't too crazy about the story which everyone here seemed to love, i found it serviceable but i never got into it. although it seems like there's more to it than meets the eye or that is presented in the main game (chapters 1-7), idk.

edit: also thank you to whoever posted about the soundtrack being on apple music, i had just been thinking of looking for a dl

Snewt likes this.
  15. clucky Feb 21, 2018
    (Last edited: Feb 21, 2018)
    clucky

Trusted Supporter

Whelp looks like I somehow lost my switch. There is a chance I left it on the bus, other only options seem to be it somehow fell out waking from the bus stop (unlikely cause I keep it in my bag) or more likely someone swiped it from my office

Seriously fuck everything =(

yay lost and found had it and I can pick it up tomorrow :-)

16. ugman_2000

Trusted Prestigious

Question to all of you in here which of the following should I buy?

Thimbleweed Park
    Night in the Woods

I struggling to decide as both games seem quite similar and I’ve heard good things about both. I’ll prob get both at some point but I only want to buy one right now.

17. BackyardHero11

Trusted

I haven't played Thimbleweed Park, but I just started Night in the Woods and it's been really charming and funny, really enjoy the art style. from what I hear about both you probably can't go wrong.

18. The Lucky Moose

They're vaguely similar, but Night In The woods is a "modern" game and TP is in many ways a VERY old school adventure game, including nonsense puzzles you need guides for. That's not necessarily a bad thing, it's what they wanted to make. Also, TP is more surreal (if you look past the fact that the humans in NITW are animals).

I'd go with NITW.

19. ugman_2000

Trusted Prestigious

Thanks, I think I’ll go with NITW then, I could do with a game that’s not too hard to play over this weekend. I was leaning more towards that anyways as the art style is beautiful.

20. CobraKidJon

21. Ben

Trusted Prestigious

22. The Lucky Moose

His last game was extremely dissapointed

zigbigwig, DickyCullz, Snewt and 2 others like this.
  24. Joel

Trusted Prestigious

Looks like a fun little platformer

25. Joel

Trusted Prestigious

Outlast just surprise dropped on the eshop!

Honestly I love horror but I'm not sure I could emotionally handle not being able to fight back lol

zigbigwig, ikanacanyon and ChiliTacos like this.