Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Nintendo Video Game • Page 349

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by zigbigwig, Mar 31, 2016.

1. dorfmac

Trusted

circasurviver likes this.
  2. ComedownMachine

Prestigious Supporter

It's actually a regular Wii game!

I haven't played it yet either but I want to soon

3. circasurviver

Trusted

It gets a lot of hate, but if you go in expecting a more linear Zelda and don’t mind motion controls. It’s a really great experience.

4. dorfmac

Trusted

Well shit, I should have noticed the nunchuk... So then that means there weren't any original Zelda games that came out during the Wii U's run outside of the spinoff. No wonder I never wanted one...

5. The Lucky Moose

I'm Emotional, I Hug the Block Prestigious

I think Skyward Sword has a lot of style and there is good stuff in there but there is a lot of boring, tedious stuff in there that really drags it down. It has an awesome incarnation of Zelda though. I'd give a remaster a shot though provided they'd manage to put in the option of regular controls.

6. The Lucky Moose

Well, Breath Of The Wild is technically the WiiU Zelda.

7. Morrissey

Trusted

I just finished Odyssey. It might be the best Mario, and is almost certainly the best 3D Mario. There were just so many moments where I had to smile and laugh that some off the wall idea of something I wanted to take over or something I wanted to explore was possible. As fun as 3D World was, they were really throwing softballs for the Wii U.

dadbolt, tucah, Contender and 2 others like this.
  8. SpyKi

You must fix your heart Supporter

Yeah I just finished too and it's definitely my favourite Mario game.

9. TheBaroness

a burst and I'm awake now Supporter

Ugh, Doom is kicking my arse even on the easiest mode (beyond level 6). It’s hard to aim quickly in handheld mode.

10. tucah

not champ Prestigious

AC Pocket Camp is finally out everywhere.

RyanPm40, Contender, Shakriel and 2 others like this.
  11. airik625

we've seen the shadow of the axe before Supporter

I can’t seem to play Doom for more than like 45 minutes without getting an awful headache. I think it’s because it’s so chaotic and the controls are not smooth at all. I’ve never had this happen to me when playing any other first person shooters.

I’m probably going to sell it.

12. tucah

not champ Prestigious

13. circasurviver

Trusted

Having some major connection issues.

14. The Lucky Moose

Chris Yates and mescalineeyes like this.
  15. Kevin360

Someday I’ll find me Prestigious

I need to actually play Splatoon 2. I've put maybe two hours into it, and really enjoyed it, but haven't gone back to it.

16. VanMastaIteHab

Trusted Prestigious

YES. This is the biggest change this game needed.

Snewt likes this.
  17. cryates

Trusted Prestigious

This sucks. I was super hyped to buy it, but I might pass. I've seen people saying it was a good port. Bad controls in a FPS sounds terrible though.

18. Shakriel

Cause I'm running low on these hours of mine Prestigious

Hoping to get some Splatoon time in this weekend. Haven't really touched it in a while with everything else out.

Snewt likes this.
  19. airik625

we've seen the shadow of the axe before Supporter

Yeah it’s super disappointing. Not even sure the best way to go about selling it and not losing a lot of money.

20. omgrawr

That loneliness is not a function of solitude.

Oh man I've had Animal Crossing for about 2 hours and I can already tell this is going to be a problem for my life lol.

RyanPm40 likes this.
  21. colorlesscliche

Trusted Prestigious

Is that out already? I thought it was tomorrow?

22. Professor Plumbob

Trusted Supporter

Joining the Switch club on Christmas so I'm looking to start picking up games this week. Any recommendations? I plan on picking up Odyssey, BOTW, and I'll probably get Rocket League and Golf Story/Stardew on Eshop.

zigbigwig likes this.
  23. colorlesscliche

Trusted Prestigious

That's good for a solid 3-5 months, honestly. Splat 2 is probably the only one you'll get recs for in here.

24. Ben

Trusted Prestigious

Splatoon 2 is worth owning. Did/do you have a Wii U? I've you've never played Mario Kart 8, I'd recommend that 100%. I have it for Wii U and still picked it up for Switch and do not regret it. Arms is very fun but for me I only play when I have people over. It's lame to play single player and the online isn't for me.

25. Professor Plumbob

Trusted Supporter

Played MK8 on a friend's WiiU, I liked how much fun it was even though I sucked at it lol, plus with no smash news yet I'm gonna need a good party game besides Jackbox. I like fighting games but I normally don't stray from Street Fighter so I might pick up the overpriced remake on Switch.

ChiliTacos likes this.