Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Nintendo Video Game • Page 348

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by zigbigwig, Mar 31, 2016.

1. omgrawr

That loneliness is not a function of solitude.

I think I weirdly appreciate the fact that Nintendo games are just kind of happy and joyful more as an adult than I ever did as a kid. When I was in middle school I remember being embarrassed to play Nintendo stuff but as an adult I think it's a breath of fresh air. I'm into plenty of more mature games, but Nintendo games are a nice respite from darker stories and violence. Especially with how terrible the real world has been lately, I've loved sinking into some bright ass Nintendo worlds and forgetting about all that for a bit this year.

2. circasurviver

Trusted

Jungle Beat was my jam

3. Taketimeandfind

Trusted

Just played rocket league for the first time ever. Decided to go online. I don’t think I touched the ball once

4. atticusfinch

Together We'll Fight the Long Defeat Supporter

Bought Skyrim on Switch. Never played it before. I’m having fun, but it feels so small in comparison to Breath of the Wild.

Still, I love games like this.

zigbigwig likes this.
  5. dorfmac

Trusted

[​IMG]

atticusfinch likes this.
  6. justin.

請叫我賴總統 Supporter

Has anyone played Skyrim for the Switch and care to give a review?

7. Taketimeandfind

Trusted

I’ve been picking up games for the Switch and getting more before even putting time in on the ones I just bought. Still haven’t finished golf story. Put down Stardew for odyssey. Haven’t put much time into odyssey and picked up shovel knight and rocket league. Thinking about getting la noire and Skyrim.

8. CobraKidJon

Fun must be always. Prestigious

I really do enjoy watching super Mario odyssey speed runs.

9. zigbigwig

I Miss Jake W Prestigious

No. But I’ve read a lot of reviews and videos about it.

They all said it’s a ridiculously good port. Graphics do take a hit (which is expected) but they did adjustments to make it look good on portable and TV.

ikanacanyon and FreshnessExpired like this.
  10. recall reality

"But existing is basically all I do!" Prestigious

If I remember correctly this was made before the game was out by someone using the demo and measuring based on what they think Link's jogging speed is. It's ridiculously inaccurate. BotW is double the size of Skyrim though.

11. dorfmac

Trusted

Well that’s kind of a let down, but does nothing to diminish the masterpiece :)

12. zigbigwig

I feel like if BotW’s map was bigger it would be overkill. There is a ridiculous amount of places in the game that reference past zelda titles.

I just found the forgotten temple last week. I hadn’t played the game it referenced so I didn’t get it immediately though lol.

13. Slangster

Won "Best Hog" at the Hog Shit Snarfing Contest Supporter

Just picked up a Switch, Super Mario Odyssey and BOTW. Any recs on which to drive into first? Super excited about both.

14. ComedownMachine

Prestigious Supporter

Mario first. Spend as much time with BOTW as possible

Slangster likes this.
  15. DeathOrGlory

Just a friendly reminder

Lost the first game that I ever played 11-0. Early struggles are real.

16. CobraKidJon

Fun must be always. Prestigious

17. zigbigwig

Contender and Shakriel like this.
  18. Snewt

Does whatever a spider can. Prestigious

Jumped back into Stardew Valley after finishing Odyssey. This game is so dang good.

ChiliTacos and The Lucky Moose like this.
  19. The Lucky Moose

I'm Emotional, I Hug the Block Prestigious

To the JRPG fans: I've heard several people that already have a copy Xenoblade Chronicles 2 say that it is amazing.

zigbigwig and Shakriel like this.
  20. Joe4th

Memories are nice, but that's all they are. Prestigious

That's great news. I'm very excited for it. Still iffy on the character designs but I'm sure it'll grow on me as I play it

The Lucky Moose likes this.
  21. The Lucky Moose

I'm Emotional, I Hug the Block Prestigious

Yeah I didn't like the character design in X either, but the environments and so on are amazing and they look really good for X2 so far too

Joe4th likes this.
  22. circasurviver

Trusted

Nice. I’ll be playing this under the table at Thanksgiving

23. Anthony_

A (Cancelled) Dork Prestigious

A rare (these days, at least) positive video from Jim here. Can't argue with his position at all, the Switch has been an unqualified success story this year.

circasurviver and zigbigwig like this.
  24. chris

Trusted Supporter

I get a lot of people are prob skipping it/holding off, but Skyrim is a really good port and I'm enjoying it a lot.

I haven't played it since back around when it was originally released on the 360, and while it still has that classic Bethesda jankiness, it's more endearing this time around and not game-breaking and infuriating.

zigbigwig and circasurviver like this.
  25. circasurviver

Trusted

41424878-0D8A-4208-8CB0-A5743A876E79.png
    My Facebook memory today