Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Nintendo Video Game • Page 312

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by zigbigwig, Mar 31, 2016.

1. zigbigwig

I Miss Jake W Prestigious

The Switch and VR represent new audiences for Bethesda

I really want to know what happened here behind the scenes. I’m assuming Nintendo reached out to a lot of devs, I want to know what clicked to the point that Bethesda seems to be the 3rd party that’s really supporting Switch right now, aside from Ubi of course. Crazy year for sure.

I was kind of expecting Capcom to be the one, since it seemed like they were working very closely with Ninty back when it was still NX.

Snewt likes this.
  2. The Lucky Moose

I'm Emotional, I Hug the Block Prestigious

I want to start by saying that I think Bethesda's support is being overhyped. That aside, it's probably because unless it's Fallout or Elder Scrolls their games haven't been selling lately.

zigbigwig likes this.
  3. circasurviver

Trusted

So I think I might have a new favorite Metroid game, top 3 at the very least. The melee counters and free aiming are such wonderful and perfectly executed additions to the side scrolling Metroid gameplay, it might be hard going back to Super or Zero Missions not having those features.
    I was really worried when I learned MercurySteam was developing this, and now I'm beyond excited thinking about their future working alongside Nintendo.

Snewt and zigbigwig like this.
  4. The Lucky Moose

Most developers are actually good at their jobs, quality often comes down to money and time

5. zigbigwig

Based on the interviews, it looked like Nintendo really got involved with the project too. So cool that Mercury got a hold of both metroid and castlevania.

The Lucky Moose likes this.
  6. oakhurst

Trusted Supporter

zigbigwig likes this.
  7. sean_rugy

select all delete Prestigious

I'm crying (of laughter) - #sad

zigbigwig likes this.
  8. esposimi

Regular Prestigious

Pokémon Gold and Silver go live for 3DS Virtual Console at noon. Still upset they didn't bring Crystal over as well, seeing as they did for Yellow.

9. sean_rugy

after watching some videos and @tucah hyping it up, I'm probably going to pick up Steamworld this weekend. any idea how long it is?

tucah likes this.
  10. zigbigwig

I read somewhere 6.5 hours but that might be the most straightforward run. From some reviews, they said it’s pretty short for a 20 dollar game but also said it’s worth it.

I think i finished the original at 9 hours.

11. tucah

not champ Prestigious

From what I understand 7, 8ish is around standard (about twice the length of the roughly 4 hour original) add a few hours if you like to explore more and backtrack to get back to puzzles that you can't complete with your powerset at the time you find them. It also apparently has a pretty healthy amount of post-game content/mode/something (I dunno, avoiding spoilers for that stuff) but I'm not sure what it is so I can't speak to that exactly. I've probably sunk 4 so far and there are still plenty of slots for new abilities and such.

sean_rugy likes this.
  12. sean_rugy

perfect, thank you! it sounds like a perfect couch chilling/watching football game to play while my fantasy team gets obliterated.

13. Ben

Trusted Prestigious

i don't have nearly as much time for video games these days, so a game i can beat in 10ish hours sounds perfect right about now. definitely think i'll pick up steamworld after all the positive reactions.

14. oakhurst

Trusted Supporter

[​IMG]

15. oakhurst

Trusted Supporter

16. [removed]

Trusted Prestigious

When I was seven that eel used to creep me out.

17. zigbigwig

gonz (Alex) likes this.
  18. sean_rugy

steamworld’s cool, having fun with it and I just started.

19. Jesse West

Cursed by my ancestry

I think this new metroid may be my favorite 2d platformer.

zigbigwig and Snewt like this.
  20. Snewt

Does whatever a spider can. Prestigious

I started this tonight and I’d say it’s definitely on par with Super Metroid. I’m only in area two, but I was hooked after the first 10-15 minutes.

circasurviver and Jesse West like this.
  21. Jesse West

Cursed by my ancestry

I'm not sure how far in I am in the grand scheme but I'm in Area 5. I have all but one of the upgrades. Been doing some backtracking. Traversal is really fun with all the upgrades.

Snewt likes this.
  22. slimfenix182

FUCKIN SAVAGES IN THAT FUCKIN BOX Prestigious

Getting Metroid today probably. Stoked to read these impressions

Snewt likes this.
  23. sean_rugy

24. The Lucky Moose

25. sean_rugy

I’m in the same boat, trying to be optimistic. I want it to be good so badly.