Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Nintendo Video Game • Page 3

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by zigbigwig, Mar 31, 2016.

1. Shrek

can't be made fun of Prestigious

Me and my girlfriend still use it daily. I use it for the My Nintendo coins... she just gets a kick out of answering questions. I feel I'll be the only one using it in a week's time. They've, like, gotta add the ability to customize your house, right? I was shocked that wasn't a day one thing.

2. zigbigwig

I Miss Jake W Prestigious

I am hoping it's a future update. There's no way this is the everything Miitomo has to offer. I mean I'm not complaining but house decorating imo is a natural direction for a game like this.

I do agree answering the questions are hilarious

3. Morrissey

Trusted

Is there a point to Miitomo that alludes me? I played for a day or two but it seems like just an avatar of yourself.

4. crunchprank

crunchprank.net Prestigious

I can see how some may find it fun. Just the fact of socializing with friends via an avatar and being able to decorate it up and whatnot. Like you though, I played for two or three days and that was about it for me. But nah, I don't think you're missing anything about it.

5. ikanacanyon

Free jake w

Yeah I don't think I've touched it in a week. Although I guess I should for those Nintendo coins.

6. zigbigwig

7. ikanacanyon

Free jake w

Downloaded the Lost Reavers beta on a whim. It was pretty cool. I couldn't use my gun in my online match but I assume that that's a bug that they're trying to work out.

8. crunchprank

crunchprank.net Prestigious

Nintendo's additions to their eShop for today here. Star Fox Zero being the biggest one.

9. StepsInADance

so much for them! Prestigious

damn 10 bucks for smt devil survivor is a steal. i highly recommend it if you like strategy rpgs a la ff tactics

10. zigbigwig

It's not the first time it's gone on sale either.

That said I second that. Played it so many times on my DS and bought it for 10 on my 3DS last year. It's still one of the coolest strategy games around.

11. Shrek Apr 23, 2016
    (Last edited: Apr 23, 2016)
    Shrek

Just beat The Legend of Zelda. Got so lost so many times. I had the Book of Magic for like 80% of the game, lol. Onto Zelda II!

EDIT: Took me three minutes of gameplay to decide I am not going to bother with Zelda II. Nope, no thanks.

WhitestKidUKnow likes this.
  12. ikanacanyon

Free jake w

That's a good call. I beat it once but only because it's been haunting me since I was little. A black sheep in the series for sure.

13. The Lucky Moose

I'm Emotional, I Hug the Block Prestigious

What does Devil Survivor play like outside of the battles?

14. zigbigwig

There's exploration but it's all text. You have a list of places and depending on where you go to you get different paths/allies. The game uses 30 in-game minutes per place ( unless specified). You can hire/fuse demons, equip skills, and do some other stuff during this time as well.

[​IMG]

15. zigbigwig

Finished Donkey Kong Country Returns but plan to 100% it sometime later.

Great game, for people who thought new Mario is way too easy now grab this. Hella fun. I love how each level has a mechanic that they do crazy things with.

Must play for 3DS owning platformer freaks out there.

Snewt likes this.
  16. StepsInADance

so much for them! Prestigious

i played the wii version and thought it was nice but wasnt a fan of the controls. i should probably get it for my 3ds considering the dkc series is one of my favorites of all time.

17. recall reality

"But existing is basically all I do!" Prestigious

Conquering Death Mountain was probably my greatest gaming achievement when I was young and playing this on the NES. The problem is this is like 1/4 of the way through the game. It gets incredibly difficult way too early. I actually like the game though, RPG elements and side-scrolling combat included.

18. The Lucky Moose

So there is no, for a lack of a better way to describe it, "visual novel component", like in Fire Emblem?

19. zigbigwig

I remember not liking the controls but I guess it grew on me.

DK's reactions are so adorable.

20. recall reality Apr 24, 2016
    (Last edited: Apr 24, 2016)
    recall reality

"But existing is basically all I do!" Prestigious

Has anyone played Star Fox Zero?

As a huge fan of Star Fox 64 there looks to be so much to it that I would I love but the controls are keeping me away.

21. zigbigwig

There is one. If you pick the places, conversations appear. Basically each chapter lasts for 1 day and each action is 30 minutes each (in-game).

22. zigbigwig

A close friend of mine is willing to sell his Wii U for 200 bucks. Not used that much and included games: Bayonetta 1/2, Xenoblade Chronicles, Pokken, Splatoon (digital), and the upcoming FExSMT game.

I am pretty fucking excited. I'll get it around June which is fine for me since I need to finish my 3DS backlog.

23. zigbigwig

This might help you (if you haven't seen this alread): r/wiiu

24. The Lucky Moose

Thanks!

25. Shrek

Hate to turn this into my Zelda blog, but I'm almost halfway through Link's Awakening. Release order is Zelda > Zelda II > Link to the Past > Link's Awakening, but I'm skipping Zelda II and won't have the $$$ for Link to the Past until Friday(I have purchased it on both Wii and Wii U and have to by it AGAIN to play it on the go... mildly infuriating).

I really enjoy Link's Awakening, it's interesting to me that this is the only traditional Zelda in which they incorporated the ability to jump. It handles well enough that I'm surprised they haven't revisited the mechanic. More importantly, though, is that these games are the only ones I've needed a guide for since I was like 12. There are little item-trading chains and such between dungeons that I can't imagine getting the necessary context needed to complete strictly from NPC dialogue. In a world of quest markers on mini-maps, getting lost in a game is almost a dead thing. Definitely enjoying it.