Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Nintendo Video Game • Page 162

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by zigbigwig, Mar 31, 2016.

1. David87

Prestigious Prestigious

Me and my friends had a 'game night' on Friday Night with some of the old systems...we played MarioKart 64 and GoldenEye, then we played Super Mario Strikers which I had completely forgotten how much fun that game is. We were up until 2 in the morning laughing our asses off playing that.

2. chcougar1

Trusted

I haven’t noticed the joy con issue playing zelda for 13 hours or so. I should note that I always use the grip controller when docked.

FrenzalRob likes this.
  3. zigbigwig

I Miss Jake W Prestigious

I wonder what other games they'll do using the BotW engine. I don't think they'll be doing away with it anytime soon.

A sequel to Kid Icarus Uprising might be cool. Motion controls for aiming and land/air combat all happen on the same instance of a map. Doesn't have to be open world. But Pit's flight power has to recharge.

ComedownMachine likes this.
  4. ComedownMachine

Prestigious Supporter

Internet hasn't been connecting to my Switch the past two days. No idea why.

wordzanddreamz likes this.
  5. zigbigwig

Have you tried turning it on and off again?

For real though, that worked for me.

6. ComedownMachine

Prestigious Supporter

Holy shit you're a genius. I kept "turning it off" but I was actually just putting it in sleep mode. Works now!

The Lucky Moose and zigbigwig like this.
  7. Henry

Moderator Moderator

The switch is kind of infuriating. Why am I getting so much slow down playing The Binding of Isaac of all things? There are certain item combinations that make to game feel like the game is in super slow motion. Couple that with some of the frame rate drops in Zelda and I'm pretty disgusted. I've played 3 games and already two of them suffer from some pretty crippling stuff.

8. The Lucky Moose

I'm Emotional, I Hug the Block Prestigious

The only slowdown I've had in Zelda is near the Deku tree

9. VanMastaIteHab

Trusted Prestigious

It happening in Isaac is kind of weird, but could just be an issue of this stuff being launch software. Probably no one knows how to develop for this thing yet.

The Lucky Moose likes this.
  10. The Lucky Moose

It's certainly not the Switch that makes that game run bad, that's just sloppy porting

11. ikanacanyon

Free jake w

Ordered I am Setsuna from a Japanese retailer the other day, since both me and my girlfriend wanna play it and this is cheaper than downloading 2 copies. So cool that since it's not region locked we can do this haha

zigbigwig likes this.
  12. zigbigwig

Isaac is running fine on my end. And I agree. Initial 3rd party releases are normally optimized poorly so I wouldn't rely on that.

I hear Fast RMX is running well, so counter argument there.

The Lucky Moose likes this.
  13. Henry

Moderator Moderator

Have you gotten any combination of Brimstone with multiple shots? Thats where I'm seeing most of the issues.

zigbigwig likes this.
  14. Ben

Trusted Prestigious

Yeah I'm having this issue as well. Annoying but not gamebreaking for me yet. Hopefully its something that can be fixed in a patch.

15. Snewt

Does whatever a spider can. Prestigious

I had a pretty huge frame rate issue with Shovel Knight at launch, but haven't seen it again since the first day or so.

16. Ben

Trusted Prestigious

Yeah other than Isaac, ive had frame stutters like four times in 30+ hours of Zelda, I'm not complaining at all.

17. The Lucky Moose

Xenoblade definitely

18. zigbigwig

When I'm fighting multiple Moblins is when I usually get the issues.

19. zigbigwig

20. VanMastaIteHab

Trusted Prestigious

The multiple moblins freezing is actually a physics issue with the game though. Something to do with how those models rag doll. People are saying it's something that could be fixed in a future patch.

zigbigwig likes this.
  21. zigbigwig

22. Mrk_Brdshw

Dusted Groove

Thought the freezing thing was weird. It seemed to happen a lot when I had the Switch docked and played on the TV.

23. Henry

Moderator Moderator

The Lucky Moose and ChiliTacos like this.
  24. Corey Putney

@coreyputney Prestigious

Games I'm excited for:

Super Mario Odyssey
    LEGO City Undercover
    Sonic Mania
    Arms
    Splatoon 2
    Ultra Street Fighter 2
    Xenoblade Chronicles 2
    Overcooked
    Yooka Laylee
    Runner 3
    Stardew Valley
    Flipping Death
    Shakedown Hawaii
    Rogue Trooper Redux
    The Escapists 2
    Ultimate Chicken Horse
    Wonder Boy
    NBA Playgrounds

Plus whatever gets announced at E3. I really love this system and I hope Nintendo goes all in on it.

Here's my Friend Code in case anyone wants to play any of those games with me!

SW-3867-9776-7375

25. wordzanddreamz

and a millions screams...

Someone I know just confirmed that whenever gamestop gets NES classics in, the staff just buy them and sell them on ebay