Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Nintendo Video Game • Page 161

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by zigbigwig, Mar 31, 2016.

1. colorlesscliche

Trusted Prestigious

Nintendo Shop down for anyone else?

2. tucah

not champ Prestigious

Yep, not loading for me, get a "Could not display page" error

3. zigbigwig

I Miss Jake W Prestigious

Yeah I wouldn't recommend it for handheld mode. But it really is a gamechanger for me.

4. ugman_2000

Trusted Prestigious

Managed to just snag a switch off a mate that was selling a spare he'd been given as a gift. Super stoked to play Zelda on Monday now :-)

zigbigwig likes this.
  5. Surfwax

bring on the major leagues Supporter

Having never played Splatoon before I thought it was decent yesterday but I woke up early this morning and saw there was about 20 minutes left in the most recent session and had way more fun with it. I dunno if I'll buy it but it's definitely solid.

50 hours into BOTW and at most like 2/3 done. Honestly probably been since middle school that a game sucked me in like this.

6. The Lucky Moose

I'm Emotional, I Hug the Block Prestigious

Splatoon is so good. Once you really understand how the game works you're gliding (or rather, diving) and jumping around those maps like it's a fucking Tony Hawk game.

7. Anthony_

A (Cancelled) Dork Prestigious

Splatoon is like the king of all retorts to anyone who ever says Nintendo doesn't come up with anything new that's good anymore. Like, just an immediate mic drop opportunity.

zigbigwig, tucah and The Lucky Moose like this.
  8. tucah

not champ Prestigious

It's also not quite talked about enough, but the single player is also fantastic. They use the mechanics really well, super inventive levels and had one of the most memorable final boss fights in recent memory. A new single player is the reason I'm excited they went full sequel instead of upgraded port for the Switch Splatoon.

The Lucky Moose likes this.
  9. The Lucky Moose

The single player was great yeah, fun bossfights too

10. Shakriel

Cause I'm running low on these hours of mine Prestigious

Finally got a Pro Controller, though I never really look too hard. Excited to try out Splatoon 2 shortly.

11. Morrissey

Trusted

Splatoon might have been my favorite of the Wii U multiplayer games. A shame you can't play locally, though.

12. zigbigwig

With Wii U? I'm guessing you mean online split screen?

There's that weird 2 player mode where one person is on the TV and then another is on the gamepad.

13. Morrissey

Trusted

I meant that it would have been nice to play 4 player locally, like Smash Bros. and Mario Kart.

14. zigbigwig

Splatoon testfire atm

15. The Lucky Moose

tucah, Joe4th and zigbigwig like this.
  16. zigbigwig

Having Splatoon withdrawals already. So fun.

17. zigbigwig

18. colorlesscliche

Trusted Prestigious

Never got to play it, eShop was down all day for me.

19. Anthony_

Strange Journey was a really hardcore, super old school experience. And, like, that's even among the rest of the SMT series, which is already usually more difficult than other RPGs, "J" or otherwise. It had a really unique setting and plot, super intriguing.

Interesting that that's the one they decide to remake, though. BRING BACK DIGITAL DEVIL SAGA.

Joe4th likes this.
  20. tucah

not champ Prestigious

Mixed feelings about the Strange Journey port/remake - I really liked Strange Journey but it's a little disappointing that the (presumably) last 3DS SMT game is just an expanded port. The loss of Kaneko as the artist (who has done phenomenal work for years and years in the series) and the redrawn characters kind of put me off, as does the fact they stated they're making the game easier. I get that the audience for the franchise has broadened even in the, what, seven or eight (?) years since the game's original release but part of the reason SJ was so good was that it was so tough. Still, looking forward to seeing more info and there will be more than enough Japanese impressions by the time it comes out in English to see if it's something I want to spend time with.

(who am I kidding, it's SMT so I'm buying regardless)

21. ugman_2000

Trusted Prestigious

I now have a switch in my house but I can't afford to buy any games till tomorrow. The wait is gonna kill me.

22. Anthony_

23. White

Cum for the Cum God. Prestigious

They're gonna announce they're finally rolling out a second wave of Switches.

24. FrenzalRob

Melbourne, AUS Supporter

Yay/nay on a screen protector for my Switch?

Also, has anyone had the Joycon issue? How'd you go with the replacement, etc.?

25. Anthony_

1,000,000,000,000 times yay.