Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Nintendo Video Game • Page 1498

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by zigbigwig, Mar 31, 2016.

1. PeacefulOrca

Prestigious Prestigious

Just waiting for the dragon quest monsters games tbh

theagentcoma likes this.
  2. The Lucky Moose

I'm Emotional, I Hug the Block Prestigious

Square is a great example, they have realised that they can sell cheaply made, semi-bad DQ ports at a premium forever

SmashRipsaw and mescalineeyes like this.
  3. oldjersey

Pro Podcaster Supporter

This is why I pirate

SmashRipsaw likes this.
  4. Penlab

Trusted Supporter

Not going to lie, this is probably mostly why I'm so chill about all of this. I've been playing emulators for years and while it would be nice to play these games on the Switch, I'm not that torn up about it. If Nintendo doesn't want to make money off me, that's their choice.

This is the argument I most agree with, and I'm not really sure why Nintendo doesn't either start another emulator service or just sell the games outright if they're not going to do the former. Hell, I would gladly pay money to play some GBA games on my Switch, even despite the fact that I emulate.

The thing that drives me up the wall here is the lack of transparency on Nintendo's part. We can blue sky all kinds of reasons why they're not doing anything and they could easily all be true, but Nintendo confirming the issues would go a long way to healing relations. At least people would know where to direct their vitriol instead of screaming into the wind.

AndrewSoup likes this.
  5. The Lucky Moose Jul 21, 2021
    (Last edited: Jul 21, 2021)
    The Lucky Moose

Counter point: Nintendo really shouldn't be expected to communicate about every essentially unimportant fringe concern a fraction of their customers might have. That's no shot. I'm also an old game head.

Vase Full Of Rocks likes this.
  6. Anthony_

A (Cancelled) Dork Prestigious

Most people would. They'd make tons of money. That's why this situation is so damn stupid.

7. Penlab

Trusted Supporter

No, you're right. Certainly they shouldn't be expected to divulge everything, and chances are this isn't even an issue that blips on their radar.

I guess I just have fond memories of Working Designs from back in the day and how the company president Victor Ireland would post frequently on the company's message boards and be totally open about any difficulties they faced, for better or worse.

I wish more companies could be like that.

8. oakhurst

Trusted Supporter

I just play the older games on the consoles I've kept over the years. Still have my gamecube, N64 and Wii.

9. SmashRipsaw

Outcast Tape Infirmary

I think if you want to play an old game and it isn't available for purchase, there's nothing wrong with using an emulator.

MyBestFiend likes this.
  10. The Lucky Moose

You should read the Iwata book.

11. [removed]

Trusted Prestigious

Until Nintendo gets their act together, Wii U remains an essential system to own.

12. Vase Full Of Rocks

Trusted Supporter

"Essential"

13. [removed]

Trusted Prestigious

Has the deepest back catalog of any Nintendo system up to this point. Considering how anti-rom you are one would think you’d agree.

14. The Lucky Moose

I'm pretty sure the Wii had a lot more VC games, but then again that store is down and the WiiU also is a Wii.

15. Vase Full Of Rocks

Trusted Supporter

Eventually, probably within the next year or two, the Wii U eShop will close meaning you can no longer purchase any more Virtual Console games. It's also an older console so it doesn't play any of the current gen games. And I would suggest the original Wii since it allows you to play GameCube games, but that eShop is already dead so that doesn't work either. Unfortunately there's no good solution right now except for Nintendo relaunching the Virtual Console which they will never do because they're idiots.

16. LessThanTrevor

Trusted Prestigious

I have the Wii U to specifically be a Zelda machine.

17. [removed]

Trusted Prestigious

18. Vase Full Of Rocks

Trusted Supporter

I just want Minish Cap and Twilight on Switch and I'll be good.

19. [removed]

Trusted Prestigious

Playing through Wind Waker now for the first time since I was probably 15. I totally forgot they took so much of Ocarina and Majora’s mechanics.

20. SmashRipsaw

Outcast Tape Infirmary

Minish Cap needs the Link's Awakening treatment. It's the best 2D Zelda other than LttP.

21. oakhurst

Trusted Supporter

Oracle of Seasons and Ages though

atticusfinch and theagentcoma like this.
  22. AndrewSoup

It's A Secret To Everyone Prestigious

TRUE
    although, personally, i really really like the look and artstyle of the game and wouldn't want them to update it. keep the pixel graphics and i'm good

23. DooDooBird

Trusted

Every time I start playing a Zelda game (Skyward Sword currently) I end up thinking about which Zelda game I need to play next. I'm really having a yearning for Twilight Princess after this.

K_special93 likes this.
  24. The Lucky Moose

Minish Cap still looks great, it would be a shame to drop the pixel art

25. CobraKidJon

Fun must be always. Prestigious

when are they restocking the snes mini so people can play earthbound

Jk they won’t do that