Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Nintendo Video Game • Page 1497

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by zigbigwig, Mar 31, 2016.

1. StormAndTheSun

insects come to life Supporter

Saw this quote from the devs of Metroid Dread about exploration in an article linked from those tweets last page. If its to be taken at its word, this is very exciting news.

Vase Full Of Rocks likes this.
  2. PeacefulOrca

Prestigious Prestigious

That’s definitely interesting

3. PolarBlare

Regular Supporter

I just tried with a different set of joycons and it’s still not perfect but it’s waaaay better than before. I was having basically the same experience as you, to the point where it was borderline gamebreaking in combat. No idea if you might have another controller but if you do it’s worth a shot. Kind of aggravated my other one seems to have a busted gyro but at least I can play now haha

DooDooBird likes this.
  4. DooDooBird

Trusted

Yeah. I have two sets of joycons (the blue/yellow set & the bright blue/bright red set). The blue/yellow ones seem to be slightly worse than the others. But still, the “better” ones aren’t anywhere close to a smooth experience like I remember it being back in the day. I don’t know if it’s because of my switch placement or what. It’s a pain in the butt just to select an item from the item wheel sometimes. And those goddess walls where you have to draw shit with your sword... yeah, that shit is whack. lol

PolarBlare likes this.
  5. PolarBlare

Regular Supporter

This is basically where I’m at, it’s still worse than the Wii motion controls but I can at least solve stuff with the better set. Moving my switch isn’t really an option so I think this is as good as I’m gonna get

6. CobraKidJon

Fun must be always. Prestigious

7. K_special93

Regular

another month when NA gets bottom of the barrel shit while Japan gets god tier shit, god I hate nintendo sometimes. HOW HARD IS IT TO PUT EARTHBOUND ON THIS FUCKING SERVICE

8. oncenowagain

“the whole world’s ending” “honey it already did” Prestigious

9. Anthony_

A (Cancelled) Dork Prestigious

Beyond parody

10. SmashRipsaw

Outcast Tape Infirmary

lol so bad

Vase Full Of Rocks likes this.
  11. Penlab

Trusted Supporter

I'm conflicted, because on the one hand, if we're just talking about the NES and SNES, Nintendo honestly doesn't have a lot of games left to bring over that are within their power. Zoda's Revenge for NES is one I'd still like, and the only SNES ones I can think of are EarthBound and Super Mario RPG, the latter of which would require Square's cooperation, I'm sure.

That doesn't excuse the fact that Nintendo could just as easily add more consoles. They could still keep doing what they're doing on the NES and SNES and giving some attention to more obscure titles while still giving fans some classics on Game Boy or Nintendo 64 to keep them happy.

The only reason I could possibly see for them not doing that is because they want to sell them in a different way at some point, but I feel like if they were going to do that, they would've done it by now. It's pretty baffling.

That all being said, I think calling these games shovelware is harsh. Just because they aren't Super Metroid doesn't mean they aren't fun games. I actually have good memories of Claymates.

12. Vase Full Of Rocks

Trusted Supporter

Nintendo is often stupid. It's just that simple.

13. DooDooBird

Trusted

I forgot all about Claymates. It was a good game from what I remember. I'll have to see how it holds up.

Anyways, here's a list of Nintendo published Super NES games I need available:

Earthbound
    Super Mario RPG
    Illusion of Gaia
    Uniracers
    Killer Instinct
    Sim City
    Tetris Attack
    Yoshi's Cookie
    Vegas Stakes

theagentcoma likes this.
  14. Penlab

Trusted Supporter

Published doesn't equal owned by in this case.

For example, Illusion Of Gaia is part of the Soul Blazer series under Square Enix.

Killer Instinct, of course, is now under Microsoft with all other Rare properties.

I imagine Tetris Attack also needs licensing from The Tetris Company, and is likely why Panel De Pon, the original Japanese version, was put up instead.

I could be wrong on that though.

The Lucky Moose likes this.
  15. theagentcoma

yeah good okay Prestigious

I'll always rec Octopath but it's not for everyone

Cameron likes this.
  16. The Lucky Moose

I'm Emotional, I Hug the Block Prestigious

17. The Lucky Moose

I once heard (this was a good source) that Nintendo as company really doesn't like emulation that isn't up to their standards, even if it would be up to consumers' standards. That is at least part of why they sometimes hesitate to put certain games on certain platforms via emulation.

18. The Lucky Moose

People just have no idea what they're talking about, they never played 90% of retro games they either praise or shit on on Twitter

Penlab likes this.
  19. Anthony_

The frustration is that we aren't getting things that are within Nintendo's power to do and instead being given games that nobody was asking for. They should be doing a Game Boy/GBA Online now if they've exhausted all their first-party SNES games. Especially with Metroid Dread coming, you would then be able to play literally all four mainline Metroid games on the service (plus the remake of the first game). Wii U had them, so why doesn't Switch? Just give the people what they're asking for ffs.

oncenowagain and sean_rugy like this.
  20. Anthony_

And also yeah no excuse to not put Earthbound up on there.

21. mescalineeyes

ASHAMED (OF BEING BORN) Prestigious

While I think this is a very good and noble stance, I'd be surprised if emulating anything up to the SNES would cause a significant or perceivable drop in quality.

The Lucky Moose likes this.
  22. Anthony_

Back in the day, they claimed that the reason 3DS didn't get GBA games in its eShop was because it wasn't capable of emulating those games well enough. That was obviously bullshit, though, because all of the Ambassador Program GBA games run perfectly well on it AND it could emulate SNES games (they sold games like Super Metroid and Earthbound on 3DS). So, sorry Nintendo, I don't buy it!

23. The Lucky Moose

Oh yeah, that was in regards to later Nintendo consoles.

The alleged lack of good NES/SNES games on the service is because the companies that own those particular games know they can sell them themselves if they want to.

Nintendo themselves once said said the VC slowly died because publishers didn't want to put their games on there anymore. This is no different really.

mescalineeyes likes this.
  24. The Lucky Moose Jul 21, 2021
    (Last edited: Jul 21, 2021)
    The Lucky Moose

I guarantee you that every solid NES or SNES game you guys could come up with is on a spreadsheet at Nintendo with either the Possible or Not Possible box checked or in the process of being checked

25. Anthony_

So move on to a different system then. Add first-party Game Boy and Game Boy Advance games.

RyanPm40 and theagentcoma like this.