Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Nintendo Video Game • Page 1423

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by zigbigwig, Mar 31, 2016.

1. oakhurst

Trusted Supporter

I like Mythra but Pyra is way overpowered

2. tdlyon

Most Dope Supporter

I remembered that one being obnoxious, but for some reason it's been levels that I don't ever really remember giving me trouble before lol, like Shifting Sand and Tall Tall Mountain

3. RyanPm40

The Torment of Existence Supporter

Got my Skull & Co. dock and it seems to work great. My only gripe is I have to lower the display size to 95%, but I'm not sure if that's just because I'm using it on an older TV. Pretty cool how tiny and portable it is, though.

Vase Full Of Rocks likes this.
  4. justin.

請叫我賴總統 Supporter

I ordered one last week. Still waiting on it to get here.

RyanPm40 likes this.
  5. Anthony_

A (Cancelled) Dork Prestigious

I just realized, another game that I would love to see get the standalone Game & Watch treatment like Super Mario Bros. did would definitely be Tetris

6. PeacefulOrca

Prestigious Prestigious

When are they remaking conkers pocket tales?

7. LessThanTrevor

Trusted Prestigious

My lady bought me 3D World as a “congratulations for getting your dream job and leaving the restaurant job” gift. I’m going to be diving into that later here today.

8. Morrissey

Trusted

Bowser's Fury was so good. Arguably better than 3D World.

SmashRipsaw and LessThanTrevor like this.
  9. LessThanTrevor

Trusted Prestigious

Cannot wait! I’m sure the whole game is going to be a blast and a half.

10. Anthony_

One minor complaint I have about Bowser’s Fury, really the only complaint is that it forces you to finish the game before you’re able to collect all the non-post-game cat shines. You can go back and collect the ones you were missing after beating the final boss, but you can’t go into the final boss having already done it. Not a fan of that.

It’s a great game though.

11. SmashRipsaw

Outcast Tape Infirmary

Agreed. The free camera mostly takes care of the depth perception issues I had with 3D World.

12. dorfmac

Trusted

once I beat a game, I have a hard time getting the motivation to go back and 100% it. I much prefer to do everything and then close it out. This literally just happened to me with the Witcher - now that I’m done, I’m not trying to get every ? location so I just started playing forza instead.

Anthony_ likes this.
  13. Morrissey

Trusted

There was a point where I had 46 cat shines and Bowser could not be sent away with another cat shine but I needed 50 total cat shines to use the bell so I had to run around the harder stages trying to beat certain tasks all while getting attacked. That was a problem.

SmashRipsaw likes this.
  14. Anthony_

Yeah this is a problem I have as well.

15. Staypositive83

Regular Supporter

Is there a point in Bowser’s Fury where you basically have to either find a Cat Shine or fight to make him leave? I just unlocked the set of islands that include the fire island. Thinking that may be the last set

16. Anthony_

Once you get close to 50 Shines it basically forces you to quickly finish collecting 50 and then fight Bowser for a final time. You can't calm him down by collecting Shines anymore at that point, you have to fight him.

17. RyanPm40

Idk why but I still haven't played Bowser's Fury. I'll have to try it out. I'm struggling to get the 210 stars I need to keep going in 3D World lol

18. Daniel182

Let's hold our breath until we disappear

My workaround for the final shines in Bowser’s Fury was to save and reload to make him disappear. Some of the last ones are too difficult to get with him out.

19. Staypositive83

Regular Supporter

Yea that’s the point I’m at. I think I need 2 more to get to 50

20. Mrk_Brdshw

Dusted Groove

I was horrendously sick the last few days, so I decided to check out Bowser's Fury while I was stuck in bed. Already made it to 100%, but it was definitely fun. Really great additional content for an already great game, but I definitely had more fun playing it than the regular 3D World game. It was still challenging but never got me frustrated like 3D World.

Vase Full Of Rocks and RyanPm40 like this.
  21. tdlyon

Most Dope Supporter

I finished my playthrough of Mario 64 and I'm not going to lie, it felt like a chore a lot of the time. I really didn't realize just how badly the camera and controls had aged, after so many cheap deaths I was getting pretty aggravated lol. I'm still super excited to play Sunshine again and Galaxy for the first time though

22. SmashRipsaw

Outcast Tape Infirmary

Going to give Hollow Knight another go. I played about 10 hours on Game Pass, but it seems better suited to the Switch.

AndrewSoup and loudasallgetout like this.
  23. Morrissey

Trusted

64 is completely outshined by having Galaxy in the same package. Minor motion control stuff aside, Galaxy still plays extremely well.

tdlyon and RyanPm40 like this.
  24. RyanPm40

Even the motion controls worked great on my Pro Controller anyways

25. oakhurst

Trusted Supporter