Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Nintendo Video Game • Page 1386

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by zigbigwig, Mar 31, 2016.

1. Anthony_

A (Cancelled) Dork Prestigious

I'm on record as saying I wanted a 3D World 2 before an Odyssey 2 lol I love 3D World.

If you've never played it then this should be an instant-buy.

Kyle Max likes this.
  2. Mrk_Brdshw

Dusted Groove

I would be down for that for sure.

Part of me is irritated that the Switch has just been getting ports of games like 3D World, New Super Mario Bros, Mario Kart, etc. instead of sequels... but then again, even as popular as those games were, they were still underrated because of the lack of interest in the Wii U. So I'm glad more people are getting to experience them.

3. RyanPm40

The Torment of Existence Supporter

As someone who isn't particularly skilled at videogames, I'm concerned by it having the hardest Mario levels lol but I'm intrigued enough where I'll probably end up buying it!

4. Morrissey

Trusted

The hardest levels are optional. Nintendo does a great job of balancing the game for novices while having challenges for those who want it.

RyanPm40 likes this.
  5. SmashRipsaw

Outcast Tape Infirmary

If you want to just speed through the game without collecting everything, it's not a very hard game. The real challenge is getting all the stars and stamps. Like everyone else said, it's very balanced.

RyanPm40 likes this.
  6. yung_ting

Trusted Supporter

If you die enough times on a level, you get the option of an invincibility suit to breeze through a portion that’s giving you trouble so the game is only as difficult as you make it. It’s also pretty accessible for a large portion of the game, doesn’t get too brutal too quick or anything

It’s one of the best Mario games and I’m very jealous of everyone that gets to experience it for the first time

333 GANG and RyanPm40 like this.
  7. oakhurst

Trusted Supporter

Nate_Johnson and RyanPm40 like this.
  8. RyanPm40

Dang, no point in getting it since I already have a Switch and am holding out for the pro, but that thing is beautiful

9. uuu

dumb idiot ignore me

That looks like Spiderman to me.

ComedownMachine and RyanPm40 like this.
  10. 333 GANG

ACAB

As someone who likes black electronics (and more or less all black everything), that is entirely too much colour for me lol

uuu likes this.
  11. chris

Trusted Supporter

I've been confusing this with Super Mario 3D Land the whole time, didn't even know there was a sequel. Maybe just became a day 1 pick up for me lol

12. dorfmac

Trusted

and really, it's all just red. red joycons, red dock, red switch. the only thing that's blue is the crappy controller which hopefully no one ever uses anyway. 99% of the time, you're just looking at a red switch.

333 GANG likes this.
  13. Nate_Johnson

CCRN, MSN Prestigious

Hey now! My son loves the controller!

dorfmac likes this.
  14. dorfmac

Trusted

THEN YOUR SON IS CRAPPY TOO

no, just kidding. your son is great. so great, in fact, that he deserves the best. go get him a pro controller ASAP!

333 GANG, RyanPm40 and Nate_Johnson like this.
  15. Nate_Johnson

CCRN, MSN Prestigious

That’s next on the list!

333 GANG likes this.
  16. RyanPm40

The joycon grip is great simply for the fact that since I recently bought a Pro Controller, I can now convince people to play Mario Kart with me instead of being instantly denied due to how shitty it is to play with only one joycon

Donnie Ruth, dorfmac and Nate_Johnson like this.
  17. Nate_Johnson

CCRN, MSN Prestigious

Yeah, I noticed how awkward that game is with using the one Joy-con. So does one person use the Pro Controller and the other uses the controller that comes with the Switch?

18. chris

Trusted Supporter

I kinda like the joy con grip

yung_ting likes this.
  19. RyanPm40

Yeah that's what my fiancé and I do when I lug the Switch into our bedroom. Otherwise we use the gamecube controllers, but I hate having wires draping off the foot of the bed and know I'd end up tripping over them lol

Nate_Johnson likes this.
  20. ncarrab

Prestigious Supporter

Buying the Pro Controller was the best thing I ever did.

RyanPm40 likes this.
  21. 333 GANG

ACAB

Offset joysticks forever

RyanPm40 likes this.
  22. RyanPm40

Agreed, I'm not a fan of Playstation controller layouts. The pro controller is easily the comfiest I've used

333 GANG, Nate_Johnson and dorfmac like this.
  23. Donnie Ruth

Trusted Supporter

Trying to play Mario Kart with the joy con for a few hours was brutal on my hands lol ... I bought a Pro Controller literally the next day after getting my Switch

RyanPm40 likes this.
  24. Anthony_

A (Cancelled) Dork Prestigious

The Switch Pro controller is probably my favorite controller of all time just in terms of comfort and feel. It's surpassed the 360 controller for me.

Donnie Ruth and RyanPm40 like this.
  25. 333 GANG

ACAB

I like the pro controller and the Xbox controller about the same. Both feel nearly identical in my hands, and it’s a joy to use both. I haven’t tried the PS5 controller, but I have not been a fan of previous Sony controllers. Don’t find them ergonomic at all, and the joysticks being aligned never felt comfortable to me.

Nate_Johnson likes this.