Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Nintendo Video Game • Page 1385

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by zigbigwig, Mar 31, 2016.

1. SmashRipsaw

Outcast Tape Infirmary

There is a limited number of NES and SNES games you can play. Most of the big names, and some obscure stuff as well. You will need to download the NES and SNES apps separately from the Eshop.

You will need a membership to play most online games, although I think there are a few exceptions. There aren't really any other perks that I can think of.

ncarrab likes this.
  2. Vase Full Of Rocks

Trusted Supporter

3. The Lucky Moose

I'm Emotional, I Hug the Block Prestigious

Been looking forward to this. Iwata is severely underrated as far as business visionaries goes.

Vase Full Of Rocks likes this.
  4. RyanPm40

The Torment of Existence Supporter

Minecraft is a lot of fun on the switch and runs great. I've been meaning to get BoI too.. haven't played it in like 10 years when my friends and I were obsessed in our dorm rooms

Also, Jesus Christ, I didn't realize I started college a full decade ago until just now and I don't like knowing it lol

AndrewSoup likes this.
  5. oncenowagain

“the whole world’s ending” “honey it already did” Prestigious

Just reached the surface in Hades for the first time. Used the shield of chaos with Zeus’ aspect with 3 deflect boons on. Wasn’t even close for him.

6. Anthony_

A (Cancelled) Dork Prestigious

Can’t wait to see what Bowser’s Fury is

333 GANG likes this.
  7. oldjersey

Pro Podcaster Supporter

A rogue

AndrewSoup likes this.
  8. Anthony_

9. oldjersey

Pro Podcaster Supporter

You and I both know a Mario rogue would be litty lit lit

Philll, sean_rugy and Anthony_ like this.
  10. theagentcoma

yeah good okay Prestigious

I need more exciting Nintendo news

11. Anthony_

Wtffffff

theagentcoma, Aregala and RyanPm40 like this.
  12. dorfmac

Trusted

Red and blue switch

but still no pro. I don’t care about colors.

13. oldjersey

Pro Podcaster Supporter

Dudeeeeeeeeee that trailer

14. blast0rama

Internet human. Supporter

I never got to play Super Mario 3D World, so I was pretty excited for this as is. That trailer just made me even MORE hype.

333 GANG likes this.
  15. Matt

Living with the land Supporter

i just went from "casually interested" to "getting it on release day"

blast0rama likes this.
  16. VanMastaIteHab

Trusted Prestigious

Need that giant cat super saiyan mario in my life

17. SmashRipsaw

Outcast Tape Infirmary

Now that's how you do a video game trailer. Pretty psyched about this. Graphics look real nice, too.

18. 333 GANG

ACAB

Bowser’s Fury looks great. I also never played 3D World, so I’m very excited to dig into it.

19. Philll

Trusted

Did Mario... gigantimax?

Looks dope, has there been word on how long its going to be? Are we expecting just dlc kinda length?

RyanPm40 likes this.
  20. Anthony_

Based on this trailer...it almost seems like it's some kind of repeatable roguelike-type mode? Like it looks like it's a giant open environment that has you collecting those cat-shine sprite things, and then at some point Bowser wakes up and starts attacking you, and then you have a certain amount of time left to gather those sprites before the giant cat bell wakes up, and then you have to try to and beat Bowser based on how powerful you were able to become during the exploration/platforming segment. And then the layout of that space could potentially change every run.

Philll likes this.
  21. Philll

Trusted

Here for it

22. sean_rugy

select all delete Prestigious

never played it originally so I'll 100% be getting this on release day

23. RyanPm40

The Torment of Existence Supporter

Looks really cool. Is Super Mario 3D world just a weird spin on a standard platformer adventure game like M64, Galaxy, Odyssey, etc.? Never played

24. Anthony_ Jan 12, 2021
    (Last edited: Jan 12, 2021)
    Anthony_

Think of it as a translation of 2D Mario gameplay and levels into a 3D space. The game is structured around courses, not open sandbox environments like in 64 or Galaxy or Odyssey. The goal is simply to get from the start to the Flag at the end (while collecting hidden coins along the way).

The brilliance of the game is in its inventive level design and decent challenge level (especially if you're going for 100% completion). It also contains one of the most difficult Mario levels ever designed.

RyanPm40 likes this.
  25. Mrk_Brdshw

Dusted Groove

It's a blend of those games and the 2D Mario as far as gameplay (but with linear levels as @Anthony_ mentioned). So if you like those then you'll love this one. It's also four-player co-op so that's a lot of fun, and I believe they're bringing online capabilities for that as well.

I put it up there with Odyssey in terms of enjoyment (although it's been years since I've played it on Wii U). It's also one of the most difficult Mario games I've played. I remember some of those final levels requiring absolute precision to collect everything.

RyanPm40 likes this.