Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Nintendo Video Game • Page 1374

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by zigbigwig, Mar 31, 2016.

1. Maybevictor

@maybevictor Prestigious

Oh yeah we are definitely on the same page about that. I think the art style only worked because of the kind of game that Link’s Awakening is.

Vase Full Of Rocks likes this.
  2. Anthony_

A (Cancelled) Dork Prestigious

Fire Emblem drops Friday btw, for anyone like me that forgot when it was coming out.

theagentcoma likes this.
  3. The Lucky Moose

I'm Emotional, I Hug the Block Prestigious

AndrewSoup likes this.
  4. Cameron

FKA nowFace Prestigious

Just got to file 9 in Astral Chain, and unlocked the last legion. Game is too fun.

5. Vase Full Of Rocks

Trusted Supporter

6. The Lucky Moose

Hasn’t that community recently been shown to be toxic as fuck though

7. 333 GANG

ACAB

I mean, most major corporations don’t care about us

8. The Lucky Moose

I think the “us” is the Melee community in that case, not consumers

9. Vase Full Of Rocks

Trusted Supporter

No, it's also consumers.

10. RyanPm40

The Torment of Existence Supporter

I think it's hilarious that people are upset that Nintendo doesn't want people selling their own joy-cons with their legally-owned, trademarked name printed on them.

Just don't sell it under that name and quit bitching over breaking the law lol

The Lucky Moose and Anthony_ like this.
  11. Anthony_

Yeah I mean the Joy-Con thing just seems like Nintendo defending their trademark. Also I'm pretty sure they hold a patent on customizable Joy-Cons. So I don't know what else anyone is expecting to happen when they're making unauthorized custom Joy-Cons.

RyanPm40 likes this.
  12. Vase Full Of Rocks

Trusted Supporter

They could have handled it better since it's going to charity for suicide prevention and awareness.

13. Anthony_

I mean, there's no "better" way to handle it. They issued a cease and desist. That's the best way to handle it. The worse way to handle would be to sue, which they didn't do.

And yeah it sucks since the proceeds were going to charity but there's no "the proceeds were going to charity" exception to trademark law, sadly.

Joe4th, Aregala and RyanPm40 like this.
  14. StepsInADance

so much for them! Prestigious

i cant believe im still hearing complaints about the melee tourney thing. theyre a community that has had the worst press for the most heinous shit this year for a game that came out almost 20 years ago in a series with a new game that nintendo is currently supporting, using a rom on a service not affiliated with nintendo. the idea that nintendo should do nothing or that they owe the melee community anything is ridiculous.

the etika thing is somewhat of a bad look because of the charity aspect and its connection to a deceased beloved figure in the gaming community. but like what else do can you do when trademarks are so blatantly infringed.

Joe4th, Contender, Anthony_ and 3 others like this.
  15. Vase Full Of Rocks

Trusted Supporter

I would like to point out Nintendo is a generally shitty company regardless of these two things.

16. Anthony_

Nintendo does shitty things just like any multinational corporation does. I don’t see anyone suggesting otherwise.

RyanPm40 and Joe4th like this.
  17. Joe4th

Memories are nice, but that's all they are. Prestigious

You came in here with those points to call them shitty, when in reality they’re shitty for completely different reasons, just like every corporation

oldjersey, Anthony_ and RyanPm40 like this.
  18. StepsInADance

so much for them! Prestigious

nintendo isnt above critcism by any means and i dont want to imply that that is the case. that being said i find that a lot of their missteps come from a misunderstanding of the current gaming landscape rather than from a malicious intent as the internet dorks would have you believe.

i also think that when people harp on issues like these that are actually not that serious, and in the melee case the right thing to do, it devalues any real complaints against nintendo. when the implication of a post is that these specific instances are valid reasons to ditch nintendo or destroy your switch in protest it shines a light on the banality of these anti-nintendo twitters.

but also the melee thing is just the most confusing thing to me because i thought we all came out of that wave of sexual assault accusations thinking that in hindsight nintendo's intentional distancing from that community was the smartest thing to do and the reason why protecting your ips the way they do is so important

The Lucky Moose, Aregala and RyanPm40 like this.
  19. Anthony_

eh, I would argue that the Nintendo Creators Program was pretty malicious, although thankfully it isn't a thing anymore.

Vase Full Of Rocks likes this.
  20. Vase Full Of Rocks

Trusted Supporter

They're shitty for both

21. blast0rama

Internet human. Supporter

C'MON MASTER CHIEF

Anthony_ likes this.
  22. oakhurst

Trusted Supporter

Rumors are Jonesey from Fortnite but I’d really like to see Master Chief

23. Anthony_

sale on the eShop tonight

theagentcoma and RyanPm40 like this.
  24. xapplexpiex

sup? Supporter

Is there enough content for me to enjoy Splatoon 2 if I don’t play multiplayer or online?

25. ComedownMachine

Prestigious Supporter

honestly no not really

maybe if you get the octo expansion, but I’d say pass if you’re not going to play online