Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Nintendo Video Game • Page 1373

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by zigbigwig, Mar 31, 2016.

1. The Lucky Moose

I'm Emotional, I Hug the Block Prestigious

Yeah it's an incredible game, one of my favourite games of all time

2. CobraKidJon

Fun must be always. Prestigious

Vase Full Of Rocks likes this.
  3. CobraKidJon

Fun must be always. Prestigious

Walmart is basically an amazon lite so once the item sells out in the listed price it transitions over to the re-sellers that are also on the site hence the high price.

RyanPm40 likes this.
  4. ncarrab

Prestigious Supporter

I'm in the same boat...posted in the Video Game thread last week. I haven't bought a video game system since 2006 (PS3) and haven't played video games in at least 8 years but my son wanted a Switch for Christmas so I got lucky and got one of the last five in northeast Ohio (Kohls - everywhere else was sold out). It was the bundle that came with Mario Kart.

I ended up buying an additional 7 games for less than $200 on Black Friday deals.

I bought Super Mario Bros U. Deluxe, Mario & Sonic at Olympic Games, Cars 3 (my son is obsessed with the Cars movies), Crash Bandicoot N. Sane Trilogy (my all-time favorite video game series as a kid), NBA 2K21 (mostly for myself) and then some games for my wife and I - Family Feud and Wheel of Fortune/Jeopardy.

I want to get Mario Odyssey but don't feel like spending another $40-$50 when we haven't even opened any of the 8 other games.

I do have a question for you all, is it worth buying a Pro Controller? Or another wireless controller? I think the controller it comes with will be fine for my son, but if I'm playing, I think I'm going to want a bigger controller to work with.

Donnie Ruth likes this.
  5. 333 GANG

ACAB

Pro controller is pricey, but it’s absolutely worth it. Far more comfortable than what comes standard in the box, and it’s a very well made controller.

ncarrab and RyanPm40 like this.
  6. RyanPm40

The Torment of Existence Supporter

Yeah I only just got a pro controller a couple months ago and I regret not getting one sooner. Using joycons feels so weird now, I hate handheld more than ever lol.

Also feel like the joycons don't always perfectly sync up with eachother in terms of button combinations. When I hold L+R together in Luigi's Mansion, it doesn't always register properly and sometimes only thinks I'm pressing L

333 GANG likes this.
  7. 333 GANG

ACAB

I refuse to play handheld without my Satisfye grip on, otherwise I find it insanely uncomfortable. Mostly always play docked with the pro controller though

Cameron and RyanPm40 like this.
  8. Philll

Trusted

I've had my switch for the best part of a year and I've yet to play it docked. Only ever played handheld.

9. Taketimeandfind

Trusted

It took me about a year and half to play it docked. Then I only played it docked for a very long time

Philll likes this.
  10. morgantayler

Human Typo Prestigious

RyanPm40 likes this.
  11. RyanPm40

Wild how the biggest update the Switch has gotten in ages took maybe 5 seconds to install lol

12. Vase Full Of Rocks

Trusted Supporter

13. RyanPm40

Sending screenshots to my phone instead of Twitter is great and all, but damn, my phone can't read a QR code from the couch lol

Vase Full Of Rocks likes this.
  14. lati

formerly spaghettti Supporter

Zoom bby

15. RyanPm40

Woah, didn't even realize that was buried in the settings menu, that's a game changer. Thanks!!

16. Vase Full Of Rocks

Trusted Supporter

Give us themes and folders.

17. xapplexpiex

sup? Supporter

I got Link’s Awakening today and love everything about it

18. theagentcoma

yeah good okay Prestigious

It's my very favorite Zelda

19. xapplexpiex

sup? Supporter

theagentcoma likes this.
  20. theagentcoma

I know and I love that one too lol

xapplexpiex likes this.
  21. Maybevictor

@maybevictor Prestigious

I hope that down the line they give oracle of seasons / ages the same treatment.

22. theagentcoma

That's my dream

23. Vase Full Of Rocks

Trusted Supporter

Not with that art style.

24. Maybevictor

@maybevictor Prestigious

Maybe not since those are darker in tone, but they would make for a great port since they are longer and more difficult than Link’s awakening with more fleshed out stories. I know those games are a blind spot for a lot of Zelda fans and it’d be dope to shine a light on them.

theagentcoma likes this.
  25. Vase Full Of Rocks

Trusted Supporter

They're grest games. I'm not arguing that. Just that art style with that would be horrible.