Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Nintendo Video Game • Page 1294

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by zigbigwig, Mar 31, 2016.

1. Anthony_

A (Cancelled) Dork Prestigious

The handheld component is a huge part of the appeal but I don’t consider it a “handheld”, I consider it a console.

333 GANG likes this.
  2. Vase Full Of Rocks

Trusted Supporter

It can be played primarily handheld which makes it a handheld. It can also be played primarily as a console which makes it a console.

There's a reason why it's called a hybrid.

Aregala and The Lucky Moose like this.
  3. The Lucky Moose

I'm Emotional, I Hug the Block Prestigious

There are two models, one is only a handheld, one is a console and a handheld, so the Switch is 2/3 handheld

That’s just math ;D

Vase Full Of Rocks likes this.
  4. Cameron

FKA nowFace Prestigious

Yes

5. AndrewSoup

It's A Secret To Everyone Prestigious

(thought i lost this comment i was typing yesterday, didn't realize it got saved to a draft)
    i feel kinda bad that i don't really like Streets of Rage 4, but like..... i am NOT having fun with this game.
    lol, like i get frustrated while playing it and i genuinely don't have a good time.

hasn't happened since i bought Rain World a while back

6. Vase Full Of Rocks

Trusted Supporter

Yeah, I've stopped playing games I just don't have fun with. I know I have a certain feeling of obligation to get my money's worth out of it, but it's just a waste of time.

Contender and StormAndTheSun like this.
  7. Cameron

FKA nowFace Prestigious

That was FFXV for me. I had fun at first, but the padding really dragged. Plus the story was meh. Even though I bought it, it feels good to stop doing something you don’t get enjoyment from. There are too many good games out there.

oldjersey likes this.
  8. Anthony_

yeah, like FFXV

Cameron likes this.
  9. CobraKidJon

Fun must be always. Prestigious

yeah like fall guys

Contender and Aregala like this.
  10. oldjersey

Pro Podcaster Supporter

11. tyler2tall

Trusted Supporter

Playing A Link To The Past on Switch for the first time since I was a kid on GBA. I remember getting the 3 pendants back then and thought I beat the game.

Wow, this game rules and has aged really well.

12. dorfmac

Trusted

I played it for the first time when I got my snes classic. It’s a top-tier Zelda game for sure, which means it’s also top-tier any game.

13. oakhurst

Trusted Supporter

I really hope we get another remake in the way Link’s Awakening was done. Ideally Oracle of seasons/ages. I’m sure we’ll get some surprises for Zelda’s 35th next year

333 GANG likes this.
  14. tyler2tall

Trusted Supporter

A handheld collection would be pretty cool with the 3D games getting remasters.

Oracles of Seasons was my first Zelda game, but I had no idea what I was doing. I probably just wondered around cutting bushes.

Vase Full Of Rocks and oakhurst like this.
  15. Anthony_

I wouldn’t say I “love” it, but I did enjoy it a good deal and it’s definitely in the middle-tier of FF games for me.

16. Anthony_

17. zigbigwig

I Miss Jake W Prestigious

after days of cheesing God Wars (even on Hard), i just lost interest so im playing SMT Redux on the 3DS.

this game holds up incredibly well. and i can actually see the environment now.

18. theagentcoma

yeah good okay Prestigious

Tell me your cheese method

19. zigbigwig

I Miss Jake W Prestigious

Turn 1 have Kuma cast a maxed out Taunt to raise purity and just move him towards the middle of the map. All opponents will start moving towards him.

The following turns instead of Taunt use that Warrior skill that reduces damage down to 25%. If the battle goes longer use Taunt again to refresh purity.

Have a priest heal him every turn (or every other turn), and then the rest of your party just attacks the enemies.

I’ve done that in every map and it’s worked.

theagentcoma likes this.
  20. AndrewSoup

it bothers me more than it should when an FPS game doesn't let you invert the x-axis camera.
    like, i legit can't function without inverting both axis', it shouldn't be any sort of problem to implement i don't get why developers would include one axis but not the other

these thoughts brought to you by me starting up Doom for the first time and i'm already annoyed lol

The Lucky Moose likes this.
  21. theagentcoma

yeah good okay Prestigious

Hilarious. I've only played 3-4 maps so far but I can't wait to try this out lol

zigbigwig likes this.
  22. CobraKidJon

Fun must be always. Prestigious

23. Vase Full Of Rocks

Trusted Supporter

24. AndrewSoup

i know nobody here really plays Splatoon but i just need to boast out loud somewhere that i got into X-rank (the highest competitive rank) in three out of four of the ranked modes. this is now officially the best i've ever been at a game.

i just really wanted to brag about that.

25. oakhurst

Trusted Supporter