Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Nintendo Video Game • Page 1261

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by zigbigwig, Mar 31, 2016.

1. Vase Full Of Rocks

Trusted Supporter

CollageMaker_20200709_113207747.jpg
    I think they'll be fine.

Even if it is botched a bit, it's a remake of an older game anyway. It's not really a great representation of their current lineup of games. It's a game that's trying to carefully tread the line of being nostalgic/like the original and modernized for today's audience. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't.

2. The Lucky Moose

I'm Emotional, I Hug the Block Prestigious

True, regarding the future of the series, I was mostly referring to the art style

3. Anthony_

A (Cancelled) Dork Prestigious

No XP in The Origami King. Goddammit.

4. Anthony_

Why can't we have just this one sub-series of Mario that has some complexity to it. There are so many other versions of Mario that are simple and accessible, why does Paper Mario have to be so severely watered down from the way it started on N64 and GameCube.

5. zigbigwig

I Miss Jake W Prestigious

the reviews for paper mario are out, or just new info? i'm buying it either way, but i'm also just excited and want to know more about it

6. zigbigwig

the boss fights look really, really good.

i can't wait for my boss fight of the year to be vs a Tape Dispenser.

Joe4th likes this.
  7. oldjersey

Pro Podcaster Supporter

ugh.....

8. oldjersey

Pro Podcaster Supporter

what the FUCK is the point of random battles if there is no level up system

9. theagentcoma

yeah good okay Prestigious

So what, the fights are just like puzzles now? No leveling up stats?

I'll wait to see more reviews

10. oldjersey

Pro Podcaster Supporter

Highly doubt I will play it now lol. Fine by me I have plenty to go to.

Vase Full Of Rocks likes this.
  11. Vase Full Of Rocks

Trusted Supporter

Oh, yeah. I really really hope they don't go with that Loli art style anymore.

12. Vase Full Of Rocks

Trusted Supporter

The eShop needs to be fixed for so many reasons. The latest one is that some of the new games don't show up at the top of the new game list. They're being pushed down by some stupid balloon popping kid's game and other junk that came out a some time ago, but the release date is stuck on TBD so I have no idea what's actually going on there. I didn't even know CrossCode was released until you told me because it's in like the fourth or fifth row below games that had already been released.

13. oldjersey

Pro Podcaster Supporter

You gonna get Crosscode bruh

Anthony_ likes this.
  14. Vase Full Of Rocks

Trusted Supporter

Already bought it haha

15. Cameron

FKA nowFace Prestigious

Honestly glad about no exp in PM. My backlog is so dense right now, and I want to start Xenoblade soon. I’ll get PM eventually, but I can wait for a sale.

16. Vase Full Of Rocks

Trusted Supporter

PM>XB

17. Cameron

FKA nowFace Prestigious

18. Vase Full Of Rocks

Trusted Supporter

YOU DONT KNOW THAT

19. sean_rugy

select all delete Prestigious

whoa crosscode looks sick

20. Vase Full Of Rocks

Trusted Supporter

I like all of the gameplay and all of the art except for the characters for some reason.

21. Anthony_

Hmmmm

22. Vase Full Of Rocks

Trusted Supporter

Fuck rumors.

23. Anthony_

This person accurately called the date of the mini-direct six weeks in advance, so it’s a little more believable.

But I personally don’t buy it because I don’t believe Nintendo is going to do any Directs at all this year. Seems like they’re dead set on doing lame piecemeal announcements for the foreseeable.

24. The Lucky Moose

I'm Emotional, I Hug the Block Prestigious

I finished Xenoblade today. Those last few hours are... something.

25. zigbigwig Jul 9, 2020
    (Last edited: Jul 9, 2020)
    zigbigwig

the no xp thing in paper mario doesn’t feel like a problem at all. idk, getting coins for potential upgrades/better weapons could work as progression too (that is not confirmed).

idk ive just seen some posts on Youtube saying that no exp makes battles pointless which i don’t agree at all. the combat looks fun and you get coins, but idk. the takes may be eventually correct that it might not be as deep as people are expecting. but i feel like that’s something we decide when see even more footage of the game.

Joe4th and Vase Full Of Rocks like this.