Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Nintendo Video Game • Page 1103

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by zigbigwig, Mar 31, 2016.

1. yung_ting

Trusted

Finding out you can only have one AC file per console has pretty much killed all excitement I had for what was my most anticipated game

2. oldjersey

Pro Podcaster Supporter

Buy 2 copies coward

3. yung_ting

Trusted

Oh wait, you just need two copies and not two Switches!?

4. oldjersey

Pro Podcaster Supporter

oh shit, thats a good point. Probably do need 2 switches.

Which I have B-)B-)B-)B-)B-)B-)B-)B-)B-)B-)B-)

oncenowagain likes this.
  5. CobraKidJon

Fun must be always. Prestigious

capitalist scum

6. oldjersey

Pro Podcaster Supporter

ftfy

7. Jake W

oh my god, I'm back on my bullshit Prestigious

I'd say RF4 > AC partly because RF4 is underappreciated

8. Ben

Trusted Prestigious

AC >>> because AC is the best franchise of all time.

zigbigwig likes this.
  9. Shrek

can't be made fun of Prestigious

Rune Factory 4 is more of a traditional full-fledged sim rpg as opposed to the play for an hour style of AC. not a pro or a con just an observation.

im gonna let my fiancee get her AC fix before i step on her turf to play it myself

10. zigbigwig

I Miss Jake W Prestigious

ac is more like play 8 hours a day for the first 3 weeks and then play 1-2 hours a day forever

ChiliTacos likes this.
  11. Shrek

idk about 1 or 2 hours a day forever lol. dont get me wrong i put over 200 hours into New Leaf but the later half of that was a lot of that was a little here and there doing stuff that an average player prob doesnt commit to doing. it's a game that completionists will get a ton out of, but for folks that like to "beat" a game and move on, you're going to get diminishing returns on big senses of accomplishment much sooner than that.

zigbigwig likes this.
  12. Shrek

i think the crafting system is going to do a lot to remove some of the "restrictions" and encourage longer play sessions and less waiting

13. zigbigwig

I Miss Jake W Prestigious

i like that you had to step in to say forever is not feasible.

agreed though, most of the things i do late game after i plan my house and decide not to go through it leaving it half finished is to just carry on traditions i’ve made playing the game. my favorite is writing myself a letter in the nearby future. i always forget what i write in them so it’s a warm feeling when i finally get them.

looking back this game really helped me get through a lot of difficult times

ChiliTacos, The Lucky Moose and Shrek like this.
  14. Shrek

yeah i fucking love the games. New Leaf accounts for 95 percent of my exposure to it which is a bit of a bummer because it's hard to play backwards in a series like this where each entry brings loads of QoL features with it so i dont think id appreciate the original or City Folk much if i tried. there is so much value in a game without a fail state, not enough of them out there.

i hope the Fortune Cookie/Nintendo memberberry assault is pumped up times ten in this one

zigbigwig likes this.
  15. Shrek

MOVE OVER NINTENDO DIRECT!

Anthony_ and sean_rugy like this.
  16. sean_rugy

select all delete Prestigious

I like the boatload pun

17. oncenowagain

“the whole world’s ending” “honey it already did” Prestigious

Didn’t expect to run into so many assassins creed fans in the Nintendo thread but here we are

18. oldjersey

Pro Podcaster Supporter

Doesn't yacht club just make Shovel Knight games??

zigbigwig likes this.
  19. Shrek

they formed in 2011 and Shovel Knight was their first release, and they just happened to support the ever loving shit out of it. they've said they're gonna do more Shovel Knight stuff, particularly expressing interest in doing something like a Shovel Knight 64, but have also spitballed other projects like a Mega Man-esque game based around co-op. also in 2016 they opened a publishing arm. so it could really be anything!

sean_rugy likes this.
  20. oldjersey

Pro Podcaster Supporter

That's pretty damn exciting to see what they announce then.

Also Shovel Knight 64?!?!?! That would be incredible.

Shrek likes this.
  21. slimfenix182

FUCKIN SAVAGES IN THAT FUCKIN BOX Prestigious

Witcher looks a lot better after the update. I don't even understand how they cleaned it up as much as they did

dorfmac and zigbigwig like this.
  22. CobraKidJon

Joe, zigbigwig and RyanPm40 like this.
  23. CobraKidJon

24. oldjersey

Pro Podcaster Supporter

Lmao

25. Anthony_

A (Cancelled) Dork Prestigious

I would honestly consider buying that Animal Crossing one even as someone who has almost no interest in playing the game, it’s a really cool design/color scheme

zigbigwig likes this.