Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Nintendo Video Game • Page 1070

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by zigbigwig, Mar 31, 2016.

1. CobraKidJon

Fun must be always. Prestigious

i‘m calling Pokémon protective services

AndrewSoup and oncenowagain like this.
  2. oncenowagain

“the whole world’s ending” “honey it already did” Prestigious

we will battle it out

PPS Officer Dane used Growlithe.

@oncenowagain’s Gyrados used Waterfall.

It was super effective.

Growlithe fainted.

@oncenowagain defeated PPS Officer Dane.

stupid Dane thought he could come after me with one fucking Pokémon and got smacked

3. RyanPm40

The Torment of Existence Supporter

It's pretty cool how some kid in the train station gives you a free Pikachu or Eevee if you own any of the Let's Go games in Sword. Annoyed with how much talking there is though, the rival is so annoying haha

Do you get more exp for the Pokemon you used in battle anymore? It seems like my whole party gains a pretty decent amount of exp for never coming out in battle

Also, do I need to learn surf somewhere to battle the Pokemon in the water in the Wild Area? I saw a Gyarados, but nothing happens when I hit A on the shore to try and use my fishing pole

oncenowagain likes this.
  4. Fucking Dustin

Please click "like" Supporter

A bike upgrade later in the game allows you to ride on water

RyanPm40 likes this.
  5. RyanPm40

Lmao wow that's certainly creative

Fucking Dustin likes this.
  6. JeanRalphio

Regular Supporter

Pokemon peaked twenty years ago with gen two. I traded shield in after three gyms, shit was so annoying

theagentcoma and RyanPm40 like this.
  7. oldjersey

Pro Podcaster Supporter

hell yeah BRING THE HEAT

theagentcoma likes this.
  8. RyanPm40

I can't believe how easy it is to get a Pokemon way stronger than your entire party when you go to the Wild Area haha. All my Pokemon were levels 8-13, and I got a couple level 20 Pokemon in a few Dynamax battles. Got a pretty strong Binacle with Water Gun, Scratch, Ancient Power and Fury Cutter

9. JeanRalphio

Regular Supporter

any small child I see enjoying this harmless game will be spat on

10. RyanPm40

I think the game was at its best in Gen 2 as well, but I still think this game is fun enough so far anyways. There are some things that are easier for sure, but I don't go into a Pokemon game made for small children expecting a difficult game. The updated graphics and open world make up for it to me

11. The Lucky Moose

I'm Emotional, I Hug the Block Prestigious

Pokemon peaked with Black/White 2, but the Gen 2 REMAKES come close

theagentcoma and RyanPm40 like this.
  12. RyanPm40

I never played 2, but I enjoyed my copy of Black when it came out. It didn't seem to have much lasting power in my brain though, I barely remember anything about it

Heart Gold is my favorite Pokemon game by far tho

Aregala and The Lucky Moose like this.
  13. The Lucky Moose

I'm Emotional, I Hug the Block Prestigious

BW2 are better, but BW1 are great too. The pixel art was so good.

Aregala and RyanPm40 like this.
  14. RyanPm40

Damnn, I didn't realize spamming B prevents my Pokemon from evolving. Pretty sure that isn't a new thing either but I totally forgot >_>

15. dorfmac

Trusted

yes. I also think after being out of the Pokémon loop for 15 years it’s too late to jump back in.

16. DarkHotline

Proud To Bathe With A Rag On A Stick Prestigious

So help me out, been wanting a Switch and I’m trying to decide between the V2 Switch and the Switch Lite. Now I’ll be using this as a handheld mainly so should I just stick with the Lite then?

oncenowagain likes this.
  17. RyanPm40

As long as you're okay with never being able to dock it, the Lite is probably perfect for you. More portable, cheaper, and better battery. Otherwise, I'd go for the V2

Not sure how much battery has been improved in the V2, but my V1 Switch gets maybe 3.5-4 hours of battery life playing Pokemon Sword

18. DarkHotline

Proud To Bathe With A Rag On A Stick Prestigious

Yeah, I don’t really mind not being able to dock one. Like I’m not really into multiplayer games outside of Smash and I just want it for choice Nintendo titles and indies so I might just stick with the Lite.

oncenowagain and RyanPm40 like this.
  19. slimfenix182

FUCKIN SAVAGES IN THAT FUCKIN BOX Prestigious

The Lite is the most comfortable Nintendo handheld in a long time, if you play platformers the actual D-pad is awesome to have on the system. My 2 cents

20. JeanRalphio

Regular Supporter

Get that yellow Lite fam, it's beautiful

21. Aregala

Blistering Guitar Lead

HGSS would be top if the HP bar didn’t take for fucking ever to go down in battles

battle speed in gen 4 in general was poor

Gen 5 thankfully fixed that

The Lucky Moose likes this.
  22. SmashRipsaw

Outcast Tape Infirmary

I have a Lite, and for the most part have been happy with it. Had to send the first one back due to a faulty left joystick. I do occasionally wish I could play on the TV with my Pro controller, though. I have pretty big hands and it becomes uncomfortable after a while. If they end up coming out with that rumored system upgrade, I would probably trade up for it.

23. SmashRipsaw

Outcast Tape Infirmary

Thoughts on Animal Crossing? I've never played any of the games in the series. I absolutely love Stardew Valley, if that helps. AC seems a bit more simple and geared towards kids, but if it's fun I don't really care about that.

24. Shrek

can't be made fun of Prestigious

if you like Stardew Valley, you will very likely like Animal Crossing. its aesthetic screams geared toward kids but in actuality everyone i know that loves it is in their twenties to thirties. there isnt much in the way of farming at all and literally zero combat, it's more about designing your home, bettering your town, and getting to know your villagers by way of completing small tasks for them. there is none of the Stardew stress. its filled to the brim with charm. in place of combat and farming you'll find stuff like catching bugs and fishing and finding fossils to donate to the local museum. its incredibly chill and the last game featured a lot of easter eggs from other Nintendo franchises, like buying Skull Kid's mask to hang on your wall.

the newest one is introducing a crafting system and who knows what else, and whereas previous games have you moving into and overseeing an existing town, this one is about starting your own community on a deserted island.

if you like Stardew id be shocked if you didnt fall in love with Animal Crossing tbh

RyanPm40 and SmashRipsaw like this.
  25. SmashRipsaw

Outcast Tape Infirmary

That's pretty convincing. Would it be worth going back and playing the original on Gamecube?