Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Nintendo to Release Mini Version of NES Console

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Jul 14, 2016.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

This article has been imported from chorus.fm for discussion. All of the forum rules still apply.

Nintendo has announced that they will release a “mini” version of their classic NES system on November 11th. The mini console will be only $60 and come with 30 games built in.

“We wanted to give fans of all ages the opportunity to revisit Nintendo’s original system and rediscover why they fell in love with Nintendo in the first place,” said Nintendo of America President and COO Reggie Fils-Aime. “The Nintendo Entertainment System: NES Classic Edition is ideal for anyone who remembers playing the NES, or who wants to pass on those nostalgic memories to the next generation of gamers.”

I think this is pretty great. Even if it’s just parents picking one up to play some old retro games with their kids. I’ve still got my old system and a bunch of games around here somewhere, some day I’ll figure out what to do with those.

Games Included

• Balloon Fight
    • Bubble Bobble
    • Castlevania
    • Castlevania II: Simon’s Quest
    • Donkey Kong
    • Donkey Kong Jr.
    • Double Dragon II: the Revenge
    • Dr. Mario
    • Excitebike
    • Final Fantasy
    • Galaga
    • Ghosts’n Goblins®
    • Gradius
    • Ice Climber
    • Kid Icarus
    • Kirby’s Adventure
    • Mario Bros.
    • Mega Man 2
    • Metroid
    • Ninja Gaiden
    • Pac-Man
    • Punch-out!! Featuring Mr. Dream
    • Startropics
    • Super C
    • Super Mario Bros.
    • Super Mario Bros. 2
    • Super Mario Bros. 3
    • Tecmo Bowl
    • The Legend of Zelda
    • Zelda II: the Adventure of Link

2. ncarrab

Prestigious Supporter

This is awesome, and surprisingly cheap. Would have thought it would have been a lot more expensive than this. I wish I had the original Nintendo system. I also wish I still had my original Playstation system. That said, I haven't played a video game in probably 10+ years.

Christian Romero likes this.
  3. circasurviver

Trusted

I have most of these games on the VC, but this will be nice for the casual market who wants to take a trip down memory lane. Also it's a good price, I wish VC game were only 2 bucks each

4. Ferrari333SP

Prestigious Supporter

Will this still allow you to play the actual cartridges on it? Or just the pre-installed games?

5. Only pre-installed

6. Ferrari333SP

Prestigious Supporter

Pshhhh

7. Craig Ismaili

@tgscraig Prestigious

really nice for the casual market who don't want to have to go through all the trouble of setting up the roms by the selves and running the emulator. just plug and play. wonder how much the second controller costs?

8. $10

9. Sal Paradise

Trusted

I dig it, I just wish that the controllers were wireless.

10. Craig Ismaili

@tgscraig Prestigious

dope. 70 dollars for a no set up required local 2 player experience? I'm very in. Sounds like it'll be a good time. Would love to revisit some of these games i played when I was very young at my grandma's house

SEANoftheDEAD likes this.
  11. SayHello

Regular

Very excited for this. Very fair price point too. I hope they do this for the SNES as well.

12. Eric Wilson

Trusted Prestigious

This is so awesome.

13. omgrawr

That loneliness is not a function of solitude.

Your grandma had an NES? She must have been cool as hell lol it was the opposite for me when I visited my grandma I had to prepare myself for board games and games shows on TV.

14. CaptainInsano

Do this for the N64 and all of Rare's N64 games + Super Mario 64 + OOT and Majora's Mask and I will write Nintendo a blank check.

15. carlosonthedrums

Cooler than a polar bear's toenails Prestigious

How is everything rad in the video game world coming back this year?!

Thursdaysox and Davjs like this.
  16. Craig Ismaili

@tgscraig Prestigious

I believe it was my mom and my aunts when they were growing up but it was at my grandmas house and I spent a lot of time there growing up.

17. Still have my NES anyway, but this looks to be a lot more portable and I also don't have all of these games. I'm in!

18. skurt

Sleekest of beaks. So Good.

Will be getting this, hell of a bargain.

19. This is awesome. I just got an NES for my girlfriend but might want to pick this up since it has all the games...

20. shogunTORTOISE

Regular

If I didn't already have the Retron 3 and all these games, than maybe I would've been excited.

21. Former Planets

Aaaachem!

I don't know why people are flipping out about this when there's been similar things out there forever. Plus you can buy a Genesis with loaded games like this at Walgreens for like 20 bucks every Christmas.

supernovagirl likes this.
  22. CaptainInsano

Agreed. Though if it had virtual marketplace accessibility to where you could buy (or rent) any NES game on it, I'd be way more inclined to buy it.

23. ARo24

Regular

Incredibly cheap for all the games included. The only game missing is Contra. How do you leave out Contra?! Dammit.

24. theredline

Trusted Supporter

Super C is a Contra game...

25. ARo24

Regular

I skimmed through the list so fast I didn't even realize that. I was solely looking in the C's. Thanks man! Super pumped to get this now.

theredline likes this.