Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Nintendo Switch • Page 2

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Oct 20, 2016.

1. Guys Named Todd Oct 20, 2016
    (Last edited: Oct 20, 2016)
    Guys Named Todd

Regular Prestigious

I want to live in this alternate reality where everyone owns and plays Nintendo games in public and/or at hip roof parties.

2. SEANoftheDEAD

Trusted

It looks innovative and pretty awesome judging by the video.

BUT,

So did the Wii U. And we all saw how that turned out.

3. slimfenix182

FUCKIN SAVAGES IN THAT FUCKIN BOX Prestigious

Didn't really have any interest in Wii or Wii U. This got my attention. Can't wait.

4. Your Milkshake

Prestigious Prestigious

this is like wii u 2 + micromachines

5. slimfenix182

I've always enjoyed Nintendo's handhelds so I come at it more from that way. If I can plug it into the tv, that's just a bonus.

skurt likes this.
  6. skurt

Sleekest of beaks. So Good.

I've always loved there handhelds more than the consoles even, although all those have been great except Wii U. I could see myself using this as a handheld more than a console and it has me excited that that is an option for me. This gives alot more diversity to peoples play style then just being stuck in front of a tv.

7. slimfenix182

I mean I would've been all over Wii U if this was what they did in the first place lol. Nintendo has seemed to just be off on all their decisions last few years, I could see myself using this every way they showed in the trailer. The detachable little controllers not so much but for Mario Kart like they showed that's totally doable. I do need to know more to be totally sold, but I'm excited for sure.

8. I'm generally anti-gaming, but, like, this is everything.

slimfenix182 likes this.
  9. SayHello

Regular

This is going to be revolutionary. So many people have been waiting for an on the go console for so long. This is it. And it seems like the graphics / power is strong enough to attract third party developers.

10. aranea

Trusted Prestigious

What do you mean exactly by anti gaming? And why?

11. skurt

Sleekest of beaks. So Good.

I think it could attract third party developers to, they show a game on the screen a few times that looks alot like Skyrim to me.

SayHello likes this.
  12. tyler2tall

Trusted Supporter

No. Most people who buy Nintendo consoles only buy Nintendo games. The quality difference between first and third party titles is really large on Nintendo consoles and has been that way for a while.

13. redwing91007

Next Show - Foals April 22nd

Seems pretty cool. I haven't bought a Nintendo console since N64 and I doubt I'll get this one but I'm still excited to try it out.

14. I could attempt to make some evidence-lacking arguments of how addicting gaming is or how there's a sweeping epidemic in modern culture where a love of gaming keeps boys from maturing into men...

But I won't. :teethsmile:

To keep things personal, I really just gave up videos games 7~ years ago, in 11th grade, half because I didn't have time for them and half because I sucked at them, anyway. Never was any good. But I try not to be all too controversial about it. If a friend invites me to a multi-player game with them, I'll do my best. If people want to go to an arcade, I'll get my Pac-Man and Dance Dance Revolution on. And yes, when I see incredible new technology like the Nintendo Switch or the PSVR, it's very tempting to want to join back into the movement. But in all honesty, it's just not a priority or really even an interest for me anymore. I have enough friends I want to give time to, books I want to read, and music I want to write/record to keep me perfectly busy.

15. Your Milkshake

Prestigious Prestigious

You kinda just did lmao

16. skaorsk8

I thought the same thing. I've never walked into an airport and seen a super cute girl playing the same console as me and open to talking. Never.

Chase Tremaine likes this.
  17. Your Milkshake

Prestigious Prestigious

then you can slide micromachines on each other's controllers

18. jorbjorb

7 rings

that looks sweet

19. transrebel59

Regular

I've owned every Nintendo console yet I'm completely underwhelmed by this.

20. therookielot

Punk, Absolute Prestigious

21. Your Milkshake

Prestigious Prestigious

22. transrebel59

Regular

23. Your Milkshake

Prestigious Prestigious

yeah the whole thing was weird and interesting