Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Nintendo Switch Seems to Be Doing Well

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Mar 7, 2017.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

This article has been imported from chorus.fm for discussion. All of the forum rules still apply.

The Nintendo Switch is having a very good launch.

2. Fri-Sat sales for Nintendo Switch exceeded first 2-day sales in Americas for any system in Nintendo history. Next biggest was Wii.

— Nick Wingfield (@nickwingfield) March 6, 2017

JRGComedy likes this.
  2. dadbolt

Prestigious Prestigious

I couldn't be happier with mine so far. Hopefully since this is proving to be successful Nintendo can concentrate on pushing their games out instead of scrambling to build their next console.

3. john343

My girlfriend and I both love ours so far

dadbolt likes this.
  4. wordzanddreamz

and a millions screams...

Loving mine. Breath of the Wild:heart::heart::heart::heart::heart:

dadbolt likes this.
  5. amorningofsleep

No-rope barbed wire Jones

Co-worker brought hers in today. Got to fuck around with it for 30 minutes. Love the feel and definitely plan on getting on down the line.

6. Ryan

Might be Spider-Man...

People seem to be loving this thing, I'm really debating pulling the trigger on it.

7. defmytones

Regular

Will likely buy one later in the year once I have Zelda, Mario Kart and Super Mario at my disposal. Having a hard time justifying the purchase right now just for Zelda (Although it's downright incredible).

8. Dirty Sanchez

Prestigious Prestigious

Thanks for being a beta tester for us all!

dadbolt likes this.
  9. Miyu Yan (ヤンみゆ)

ビアン

I really, really enjoy mine a lot. Breath of the Wild is, to put it simply, breathtaking.

dadbolt likes this.
  10. Yellowcard2006

Trusted

I got mine. Great console!

11. transrebel59

Regular

I absolutely love mine. Playing multiplayer on tabletop mode in public is cool as hell.

12. circasurviver

Trusted

Same here, but I'll need one by the Mario Odyssey comes out.

13. somethingwitty

Trusted

Love mine so far...Super Bomberman and Fast RMX are great to play online!

14. robargarthan

Definitely want to pick one up but I need to have a little more of a financial cushion first. So stoked to play the new Zelda from all the great reviews it's getting.

15. emeryk3

Wharf Mice

I wish Nintendo games had achievements/trophies. That's been my style of gaming since the 360 launched them. Motivated me to pick up more games and added a competitive edge. That said, I'll probably pick one up eventually once there's a better bundle out.

Raku likes this.
  16. DooDooBird

Trusted

I agree with this. Something about trophies and achievements is kind of addicting. They could have sooooo many cool trophies and stuff for Breath of the Wild (cook x amount of meals, travel so much ground, kill so many enemies with arrow headshots, etc...).

Raku and emeryk3 like this.
  17. DooDooBird

Trusted

I love that it's been a successful launch. Hope the casual gamers are interested now and Nintendo takes over the world this Holiday season.

18. Professor Plumbob

Trusted Supporter

My mom knows what the Switch is and I still don't think she knows the WiiU exists/ "We already have a Wii !".

19. emeryk3

Wharf Mice

Yeah, my elder brother is in the top 100 gamerscore lists in the world and I was one of the youngest in the UK to reach 100k a couple years back. That meant I always grew up with a variety of games to play that he'd have never bothered to pick up before. It's a fun addiction. Even Google Play games set out 'achievements' requirements. If people don't like it, they can just ignore or turn off the feature.

They need to vamp up their entire internet plan and maybe hardware (especially for third-party support) before I personally pick up a Switch. Hope it's successful though.