Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Nine Inch Nails Band • Page 20

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by OhTheWater, Apr 14, 2016.

1. Blainer93

Prestigious Supporter

Anyone here get tickets to the Cleveland show and looking to sell one or know someone who would be?

2. nohandstoholdonto Jul 26, 2022
    (Last edited: Jul 26, 2022)
    nohandstoholdonto

problem addict Prestigious

love Broken so much, literally a perfect EP, no moment wasted. it feels like it has just as distinct an identity as any of the LPs despite being at least half the length of most of them. it is also a perfect companion piece/precursor to TDS imo. also a major step up from PHM in every way and it’s not close for me, but I have never managed to really care much for PHM as a whole. I appreciate the impact it had and the career it jumpstarted (and a few of the songs I still enjoy, more so live tho) but I just find most of it incredibly silly and dated tbh.

3. ManchesterOrch8 Jul 26, 2022
    (Last edited: Jul 27, 2022)
    ManchesterOrch8

Motel. Money. Murder. Madness.

I tried to find the clip, but it looks like it’s been taken down.

But I would strongly recommend to anyone that hasn’t already seen it, The Defiant Ones on HBO. Jimmy Iovine talks about signing NIN to Interscope, and the process it took to do so. It basically culminates with them signing to Interscope, Trent handing Jimmy ‘Broken’ and telling the label to leave him alone while he goes to work on TDS. Trent is also in it a fair amount.

QUALITY doc as a whole too.

4. NJPunkMusic

Die rad.

second this.

5. ComedownMachine

Prestigious Supporter

Just got home from seeing them live for the first time. Holy shit. Perfect festival set.

6. ManchesterOrch8

The NIN Archive posted a great set from September of ‘94 a couple weeks ago.

It’s crazy how every era of the band easily lends itself to creating such a killer setlist. If I saw this set tomorrow, I’d leave completely satisfied and I’m a huge fan of all the records that followed.

A7A96D71-BE13-4490-9726-6405443D4AB4.jpeg

nohandstoholdonto and Blainer93 like this.
  7. ManchesterOrch8

For anyone wanting to watch. It’s real cool.

nohandstoholdonto and Blainer93 like this.
  8. soon

Blainer93 likes this.
  9. Blainer93

Prestigious Supporter

They played the fragile tonight apparently and I’m so mad now

Phantoms and Michael Belt like this.
  10. Michael Belt

metadata incarnate Supporter

if you mean the full album, i'm gonna scream. that's a dream come true.

11. Blainer93

Prestigious Supporter

no, the song BUT… it got changed on .fm to the frail so false alarm

12. Michael Belt

i need Just Like You Imagined, No You Don't, Please, and Ripe on a setlist one day.

13. Blainer93

Prestigious Supporter

0DB25FAD-07C4-4015-8344-C63B4D66EC40.png 10A7F577-003C-4F9D-A449-641ED9C637E2.jpeg

14. phaynes12

https://expertfrowner.bandcamp.com/ Prestigious

sheesh

Blainer93 likes this.
  15. good night imo

16. Blainer93

Prestigious Supporter

C190B5A9-69F2-40B6-BF9C-C8B5804F77E4.jpeg
    from Trent on NIN discord

17. Michael Belt

18. Hasn't he been cryptic regarding future plans in the past though? That reads like classic Trent to me. At the same time the "IF" in that statement felt ominous and hit me with some big "I really need to finally catch NIN live" anxieties.

19. nohandstoholdonto

problem addict Prestigious

yeah that made my stomach drop lol and immediately flooded me with even more regret for missing the Raleigh date

20. ManchesterOrch8

I’m not afraid of NIN completely stopping again.

It sounds like he’s having fun and actually enjoys it. Maybe the touring cuts back even more (once every 4 years?), but not stopping. Certainly music isn’t. He talked a few times in the pandemic that him and Atticus were needing to do NIN more than ever, after doing so much scoring.

21. Michael Belt

they've both got families, so i get wanting to cut back touring a bit. still wanna see them at some point, but if it doesn't happen, i'll take every ounce of new music i can get.

22. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

The last farewell tour I saw them on meant goodbye for 4 years lol

coleslawed, Phantoms and Crisp X like this.
  23. NJPunkMusic

Die rad.

Luckily I've seen these legends seven times in the last 20 years, but will be so bummed if they don't tour again. I doubt that will be the case though.

24. Blainer93

Prestigious Supporter

coleslawed, Phantoms, Crisp X and 3 others like this.
  25. ManchesterOrch8

Perfect