Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Nine Inch Nails Band • Page 10

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by OhTheWater, Apr 14, 2016.

1. NJPunkMusic

Die rad.

Play The Becoming Then Into The Void. Such eerie songs that belong in horror movies to open them up during the credits.

2. chelsealouanne

Regular

I love how "Into the Void" was used in Final Destination (2000).

ManchesterOrch8 likes this.
  3. ManchesterOrch8

Motel. Money. Murder. Madness.

Speaking of movie songs, I wish they’d play Deep again.

Especially with this lineup.

NJPunkMusic likes this.
  4. Blainer93

Prestigious Supporter

Is a NIN set too far fetched for SXSW?

5. Maverick

Trusted

I assume they’re performing scores since they’re not billed as NIN. Interesting, I’d check that out.

6. Blainer93

Prestigious Supporter

It’s to be keynote speakers but sxsw is always unpredictable so idk if maybe while they are there they do a secret NIN gig or something.

7. Maverick

Trusted

Ah okay, I’m unfamiliar with SXSW thought it was another festival. But it looks like they’re there to mainly discuss their collaboration with Damon Lindelof and their work on WATCHMEN. I’d def check this out.

8. cshadows2887

Hailey, It Happens @haileyithappens Supporter

I don't think I realized how much "Down in It" has in common with, like, early LL Cool J until yesterday, but now it's all I can hear.

9. phaynes12

https://expertfrowner.bandcamp.com/ Prestigious

it’s bad

10. Blainer93

Prestigious Supporter

11. ManchesterOrch8

Motel. Money. Murder. Madness.

Fuck.

12. phaynes12

13. Rowan5215

An inconsequential shift as the continents drift.

what the FUCK

kidwithhelmet likes this.
  14. Rowan5215

from the boys:

"FRIENDS-

WEIRD TIMES INDEED…

AS THE NEWS SEEMS TO TURN EVER MORE GRIM BY THE HOUR, WE’VE FOUND OURSELVES VACILLATING WILDLY BETWEEN FEELING LIKE THERE MAY BE HOPE AT TIMES TO UTTER DESPAIR – OFTEN CHANGING MINUTE TO MINUTE. ALTHOUGH EACH OF US DEFINE OURSELVES AS ANTISOCIAL-TYPES WHO PREFER BEING ON OUR OWN, THIS SITUATION HAS REALLY MADE US APPRECIATE THE POWER AND NEED FOR CONNECTION.

MUSIC – WHETHER LISTENING TO IT, THINKING ABOUT IT OR CREATING IT – HAS ALWAYS BEEN THE THING THAT HELPED US GET THROUGH ANYTHING – GOOD OR BAD. WITH THAT IN MIND, WE DECIDED TO BURN THE MIDNIGHT OIL AND COMPLETE THESE NEW GHOSTS RECORDS AS A MEANS OF STAYING SOMEWHAT SANE.

GHOSTS V: TOGETHER IS FOR WHEN THINGS SEEM LIKE IT MIGHT ALL BE OKAY, AND GHOSTS VI: LOCUSTS… WELL, YOU’LL FIGURE IT OUT.

IT MADE US FEEL BETTER TO MAKE THESE AND IT FEELS GOOD TO SHARE THEM. MUSIC HAS ALWAYS HAD A WAY OF MAKING US FEEL A LITTLE LESS ALONE IN THE WORLD… AND HOPEFULLY IT DOES FOR YOU, TOO. REMEMBER, EVERYONE IS IN THIS THING TOGETHER AND THIS TOO SHALL PASS.

WE LOOK FORWARD TO SEEING YOU AGAIN SOON. BE SMART AND SAFE AND TAKE CARE OF EACH OTHER.

WITH LOVE, TRENT & ATTICUS"

bd007h, coleslawed, dadbolt and 3 others like this.
  15. Rowan5215

loving Locusts atm, it's so fucking dark but it's a lot of fun. "Run Like Hell" is a whole slapper (Ghosts songs with actual titles flips me out tho)

16. Maverick

Trusted

OH MY GOD

17. bd007h

chorus.fm's resident Meg Myers fan #GoSabres/Bills

Still gotta listen to this. In college I took a fairly long nap with Ghosts I-IV playing and had the weirdest fuckin dreams.

18. cshadows2887

Hailey, It Happens @haileyithappens Supporter

These are instrumental right?

19. bd007h

chorus.fm's resident Meg Myers fan #GoSabres/Bills

20. Maverick

Trusted

There’s a lot to unpack here, but I believe Still Right Here from V and Around Every Corner from VI to be my favorites

coleslawed likes this.
  21. Blainer93

Prestigious Supporter

BB9B22C5-FC7C-41AC-9098-3A44DA6BCC77.jpeg
    Friend was selling his vinyl collection off and I bought a little bit of it with this included. Super excited.

22. airik625

we've seen the shadow of the axe before Supporter

23. Blainer93

Prestigious Supporter

kidwithhelmet likes this.
  24. phaynes12

bummer, but to be expected.

25. chelsealouanne

Regular

Mourning the FIVE Toronto shows I've been waiting for. :brokenheart:

Blainer93 likes this.