Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Nine Inch Nails Band

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by OhTheWater, Apr 14, 2016.

1. OhTheWater

Let it run Supporter

The Fragile is dope. Discuss

2. bd007h

chorus.fm's resident Meg Myers fan #GoSabres/Bills

Downward Spiral for the win :thumbup:

Trent Reznor is practically a musical genius.

Also I don't care what anyone says, The original version of Hurt by NIN is so much better than Johnny Cash's cover.

3. amorningofsleep Jun 30, 2016
    (Last edited: Jun 30, 2016)
    amorningofsleep

No-rope barbed wire Jones

bd007h likes this.
  4. Anti-Counter-Culture

Regular

I love everything up until With Teeth. I'd say that The Downward Spiral and The Fragile are both contendors for my top ten favorite albums.

beachdude42 likes this.
  5. Horrorca

Trusted

mindblowing live too, few bands are up there seriously (and I'm not even a fan of the band)

6. Inna Selez

Regular

Hope NIN finally will be added to rock and roll hall of fame. They deserve it 100 %.

Anti-Counter-Culture and bd007h like this.
  7. nohandstoholdonto

problem addict Prestigious

I ended up selling my vinyl copy of the Fragile and I'm pretty sad about it.

8. I haven't listened to NIN in a long time, but now I'm going to queue up the albums in Spotify.

Anti-Counter-Culture likes this.
  9. airik625

we've seen the shadow of the axe before Supporter

10. Horrorca

Trusted

nooooooooo

11. cherrywaves

Trusted

My first musical obsession. I listened to The Downward Spiral when I was 12, and that fucked me up really badly at the time haha. Made a serious effort to buy all the Halos, really want to redownload those remix albums.

Anyone ever watch the Broken movie in full? Always thought about it but could never find it

beachdude42 likes this.
  12. beachdude

I'm not brave Prestigious

Incredible visionary musician and artist. The Downward Spiral is still one of my favorite albums of all time.

13. beachdude

I'm not brave Prestigious

Haven't listened in forever but I may queue up some NIN tonight.

14. Anti-Counter-Culture

Regular

I did, a long time ago. I think I did, anyhow. I remember the narrative and how the videos were all edited together. It was kinda neat but not nearly as shocking as I read about, but I also get that it was a different time and I was a kid raised on Horror flicks.

15. I bought The Downward Spiral at way too young of an age. It scared the shit out of me. I didn't understand it.

cherrywaves likes this.
  16. tomtom94

Trusted

I re-listened to NIN recently and the thing that struck me is they haven't necessarily aged well. Compared to the bands Trent influenced, something like Head Like A Hole sounds positively quaint.

That said, I can still spend an entire evening listening to their discography. Because Trent is an amazing songwriter.

17. ugman_2000

Trusted Prestigious

I think everything after the downard spiral has aged quite well, but agree that everything before sounds pretty dated now, mainly due to the electronics and production. I still love them all though.

I got to meet Trent once at an aftershow party around the time With Teeth came out. He was such a nice guy and so much time for everyone there. Same goes for Jerome Dillon and Jeordie White. That was definitley one of the best gigs I've ever been to.

18. cherrywaves

Trusted

Yeah that's fair, I had a sheltered childhood so naturally the "Happiness in Slavery" vid scared me shitless

Anti-Counter-Culture likes this.
  19. neo506

2001-2022 Prestigious

A year ago this week, Trent Reznor tweeted, "New NIN coming in 2016. Other stuff, too." When reminded of this tweet now, though, he's coy. "Those words did come out of my mouth, didn't they?" he says bluntly. Then he feigns surprise. "Oh, yeah, it's December, isn't it?" He pauses. "Just wait and see what happens."

Trent Reznor Talks New Nine Inch Nails, Boundary-Pushing Soundtracks

airik625, beachdude42 and ugman_2000 like this.
  20. ugman_2000

Trusted Prestigious

I'd be stoked to get new NIN before the years out. I'd be more stoked for The Fragile repress/remaster his talked about in the past to finally surface.

21. cherrywaves

Trusted

This is a dude who routinely had 5 yr gaps between albums, that's nothing haha

22. cwhit

still emperor emo Prestigious

23. EngineDown

formerly known as chill yoshi

fuck yeah

24. tucah

not champ Prestigious

Yesss

25. airik625

we've seen the shadow of the axe before Supporter

Amazing. Admittedly, I'm just as excited about the vinyl reissues as I am the new EP.

Somehow I had no clue about Reznor's affiliation with Apple Music.