Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Nine Inch Nails - Bad Witch (June 22, 2018) Album • Page 2

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by amorningofsleep, May 10, 2018.

1. Rowan5215

An inconsequential shift as the continents drift.

Sounds like Blackstar and Outside era Bowie had a kid. I fucking love it

kyle, beachdude42 and primavera like this.
  2. chelsealouanne

Regular

3. primavera

big baller brand Supporter

yeah, that was incredible. god damn. he’s unstoppable.

dadbolt and beachdude42 like this.
  4. pull it out / push it back

what the hell, this is nothing like what I was expecting but I am SUPER into it

5. Maverick May 17, 2018
    (Last edited: May 17, 2018)
    Maverick

Trusted

6. This sounds really good. I definitely hear the LCD and Bowie influence.

beachdude42 likes this.
  7. oncenowagain

“the whole world’s ending” “honey it already did” Prestigious

FA6F2B66-605D-416A-B52A-721142305000.jpeg

Don’t know if you’ve seen the full album runtime, but it’s 30 minutes. I wonder if they will have one long track like on Add Violence that will pad most of its runtime, or have a few tracks that exceed the 5-6 minute mark.

beachdude42 likes this.
  8. beachdude

I'm not brave Prestigious

[​IMG]

Looks like two long tracks at the end.

oncenowagain likes this.
  9. oncenowagain

“the whole world’s ending” “honey it already did” Prestigious

Nice. I was kind of hoping it wasn’t some 11 minute track that kinda drones/meanders for a long time.

beachdude42 likes this.
  10. Horrorca

Trusted

oh wow new song is sick and actually and new direction I feel

this should be good

love the sax

11. Maverick

Trusted

What makes this an LP then? Crossing the 30 minute mark?

12. however they want to classify it is what makes it an LP I guess - 6 songs and 30~ minutes is short for a full-length NIN album but we'll see what happens

13. amorningofsleep

No-rope barbed wire Jones

It's out there

beachdude42 likes this.
  14. Maverick

Trusted

So this explains why its an LP and not an EP..

Trent Reznor Lashes Out at NIN Fan During LP/EP Debate

"Want to know why it’s being labelled an LP instead of an EP? EPs show up with singles in Spotify and other streaming services = they get lost easier. EPs feel less important in today’s music-isn’t-as-important-as-it-once-was world. Why make it easier to ignore?"

Rowan5215 likes this.
  15. Rowan5215

gotta be honest, this is my favourite thing he's done since Year Zero. the way the instruments flow is absolutely incredible - if like me your main problem with his recent era is that it sounds a little too processed/laptop made, this is the best mixing and production he's done since The Fragile. also it really does flow like an album and not an EP

Maverick likes this.
  16. Maverick

Trusted

Yeah I just listened to it and I'm completely blown away. I'm pretty sure this is my favorite of the trilogy.

Rowan5215 likes this.
  17. Rowan5215

for sure. NTAE blew my socks off on release but it already isn't aging super well, imo, largely because of the very sterile sounding production. She's Gone Away and Dear World were my main takeaways from that one. I was actually never huge on AV though I relistened to it to prepare for this and I underrated it a little bit; Less Than and This Isn't the Place are both really good.

This album tho, idk. Has hints of pretty much every style he's done while still delving into heaps of new territory in just half an hour. I almost have no complaints or weak spots to point out with it.

18. beachdude

Excited to check this out when I get home tonight if it’s really one of Trent’s best releases in years!

19. Jim

Trusted Supporter

about to hit play

20. unbornwhiskey

Trusted

this is excellent

21. unbornwhiskey

Trusted

best since year zero is right

airik625 and Rowan5215 like this.
  22. beachdude Jun 20, 2018
    (Last edited: Jun 20, 2018)
    beachdude

Really excited to hear this in a bit, God Break Down The Door is my favorite NIN song in ages and the huge praise this is getting so far has me excited. Gonna be quite a shift in my morning listening going from the new P!ATD album to this lol!

23. Kennedy

loomasleep.bandcamp.com Prestigious

I really dig this new song

24. kidwithhelmet

WELCOME THRILLHO Prestigious

This was great. Really liked GBDTD but was a little skeptical of the praise the rest of the album was receiving. Feel like if you liked that track, the rest of this album follows suit and it will go down as the best of the trilogy by far.

25. Holy SHIT this is good. Trent and Atticus really saved the best for last because this is easily better than the first two parts of the trilogy.

beachdude42 likes this.