Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Night Verses Band • Page 9

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by kyleadams, Apr 4, 2016.

1. atlas

Trusted

i thought he said he was working on a new project (solo album?) for a minute there but haven't heard anything. I thought I saw something about The Sleeping doing stuff next year though which would be cool

2. atlas

Trusted

nope

Petit nain des Îles likes this.
  3. Working for this brand according to his IG: Primitive Skateboarding

Idk what happened to that project though. I miss his voice.

4. mattylikesfilms

Trusted

I’m legitimately forever crushed that there will never be another record with Doug. They’re a fantastic instrumental band, yes, but it doesn’t not grab me at all like the Doug era.

5. mattylikesfilms

Trusted

Oh man, my heart goes out to you. I would have been pissed as hell. Aric is like half the draw for this band.

6. mattylikesfilms

Trusted

yeah from the looks of it - he is probably cool off music for a while and honestly? I can’t blame him. The thought of being in your late 30’s and starting up another new project after two sounds exhaustive and draining.

7. Cameron

FKA nowFace Prestigious

Yo

8. Cameron

FKA nowFace Prestigious

Friendly reminder that From The Gallery of Sleep is fantastic, and LYE is good workout material still. Went on a run with it earlier, and when that riff comes in on Introducing...I get grooving. Then the whole album never lets up.

great band. Though Doug was real unique they made a great album with FtGoS

9. Carrow Oct 10, 2020
    (Last edited: Oct 10, 2020)
    Man, them deciding to continue as an instrumental band was a great move because I'm not convinced they'd ever sound as good as they did with a new vocalist while continuing to pursue that sound. Didn't give FTGoS much time in 2018 but it holds up super well. Excited about whatever they do next.

10. TomG

Trusted Supporter

This has become a regular for me on runs. Nick DePirro is such an awesome guitarist and Aric is an insane drummer. I actually kind of like how wild/unrestrained they can go without needing to tie to vocals/lyrics

11. Micah511

We reach for the longest shadow Supporter

Listening to FTGOS for the first time in a long time this morning. Album goes so hard, excited about whatever these guys do next, and hopefully it happens soon.

12. TomG

Trusted Supporter

I love this album. Nick DePirro is so prolific. The headcave eps are decent. They have been working on new nightverses for a while, can’t wait

Crisp X and beachdude like this.
  13. zsoty27

"I am the patron saint of lost causes"

I just wish Doug never left. The first EP was so perfect. I miss those days.

14. Gooddayz

always and forever

Damn I haven't listened to this band in awhile. Just noticed FTGOS is their most played album on Spotify too.. hope they release new music sometime soon

15. Nick also has tons of solo stuff available on his bandcamp page. Some of it actually sounds like it could've been repurposed as Night Verses songs, while others go in various genres and directions. Dude's so prolific.

beachdude likes this.
  16. Dinkleberg

Go birds Supporter

FTGOS is easily my favorite thing this band has ever done so I’m excited for whatever’s next. Aric is a beast

beachdude likes this.
  17. Micah511

We reach for the longest shadow Supporter

Also I just realized Will Putney produced this. It happens so often where I hear a heavy album I like and think, "man, the production rules here" and it ends up being Putney, haha.

Phantoms, skoopy and beachdude like this.
  18. TriangularDuck

Regular Supporter

[​IMG]

19. chewbacca110

He wrenches on it. He thinks it's his.

Oh yeah.

Phantoms, Crisp X and Gooddayz like this.
  20. sawhney[rusted]2

I'll write you into all of my songs Supporter

Jesus christtttt

21. TomG

Trusted Supporter

This is going to be great. Aric is a machine

22. zsoty27

"I am the patron saint of lost causes"

I wish they would reunite with Doug. That first EP and the first LP is still phenomenal for me. Unfortunately I cannot get into the instrumental LP even though I know they are excellent on that as well.

23. Dinkleberg

Go birds Supporter

Let’s goooooooo

24. Cameron

FKA nowFace Prestigious

So happy

25. mattylikesfilms

Trusted

Big same

zsoty27 likes this.