Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Night Verses Band • Page 8

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by kyleadams, Apr 4, 2016.

1. Gooddayz

always and forever

That's cool. I figured they probably did since the album cover sorta reminds me of ITVL, but either way this rules.

Petit nain des Îles likes this.
  2. sawhney[rusted]2

I'll write you into all of my songs Supporter

Man this album is seriously fantastic

3. sawhney[rusted]2

Hell yeah this and Vein are carrying me through my workouts like a boss

4. I'm so obsessed with this album. This reminds a lot of those instrumental demos they put out in 2010, with way more maturity and atmosphere. I truly hope it will find a bigger audience, like the one that loves bands such as And So I Watch You From Afar, Maybeshewill, Cloudkicker, Animals As Leaders, etc.

5. Theemoflamingo

Regular

I'm not usually interested in instrumental albums but this is fantastic, very excited to see them tomorrow. Saw them just over 2 years ago for the first time and Aric blew my mind

6. FloatThroughMe

Regular Supporter

From the Gallery of Sleep is fantastic. I still miss Douglas singing in the band but the new album is just as good without him. Also I noticed that the last track Infinity Beach transitions perfectly into the first track The Future as History on Into the Vanishing Light. Anybody else notice this?

7. atlas

Trusted

yep, the last track on ITVL goes into the first track of Lift Your Existence as well

8. Listened to Into The Vanishing Light while going through a really awful day, and having a sleep paralysis moment, and I realized that this is their masterpiece. So eerie and chaotic. Ross was a perfect fit for their sound. I wish we would get another album with Doug, and with Dave Fridmann as the producer.

atlas likes this.
  9. atlas

Trusted

fucking awesome video

10. FloatThroughMe

Regular Supporter

That is so cool. Probably wouldn't have noticed that without listening on Spotify.

11. Yellowcard2006

Trusted

Just got around to checking this out. Really good. I don't usually listen to instrumental only but these songs are dynamic and well written.

12. Gooddayz

always and forever

Holy crap!!!! I just found out Night Verses is coming to my city next week!! Had no clue they were touring with Strawberry Girls, that's awesome.

chewbacca110 and beachdude42 like this.
  13. Gooddayz

always and forever

Alright so I've never been a fan of ITVL. I don't think it's bad, but it just wasn't what I wanted. Gave it another listen yesterday and it's the most I've ever enjoyed it. I think listening to FTAOS multiples time and then going back to listen to ITVL has helped me appreciate it more.

beachdude42 likes this.
  14. Gooddayz

always and forever

I've waited years to see Night Verses and last night I finally did, but little did I know Aric wasn't going to be there.. I felt robbed :verysad:

15. beachdude

I'm not brave Prestigious

Wait what?! Why wasn't he there?? That's a bummer

16. Gooddayz

always and forever

They mentioned he had a scheduling conflict.. when I saw the laptop in place of the drums, I was in denial till they addressed it haha.

17. sawhney[rusted]2

Oh my god I would have been so pissed..but that’s really the only other thing you can do when fucking Aric wrote the parts lmao

18. Micah511

We reach for the longest shadow Supporter

This album is getting a ton of praise on Sputnik, so I think it's gaining traction in some metal circles.

19. socklord

Trusted

I remember when this band popped up in 2012 with Out Of The Sky and I really liked it at the time, but it never held up. I never got into the first two albums and just moved away from this band until I recently decided to revisit Out Of The Sky, which I think is fine but I’m not really into it aside from Lost My Way Back Down. I’ve always been a fan of Aric Improta so I wanted to keep trying with this band.

For whatever reason, I decided to listen to From The Gallery Of Sleep a week ago and I’m fucking floored by it. I am absolutely loving it. I love the heaviness, the atmosphere, the odd time signatures, Aric’s grooves, the ambience and the sampled voices. This album is really wonderful and I’m glad I can say I’m a fan of this band now. I gotta revisit the last two albums, but, even if I’m still not into them, I’m definitely into this band now as an instrumental trio. Can’t wait for what’s next.

20. Micah511

We reach for the longest shadow Supporter

I think most people (if they enjoy instrumental stuff) would say FTGOS is their best album. Vice Wave is one of my favorite instrumental songs, ever. Glad you rediscovered them and this album!

beachdude likes this.
  21. socklord

Trusted

Yeah I love instrumental stuff so this album was right up my alley

beachdude likes this.
  22. sawhney[rusted]2

Album is so fucking sick

23. atlas

Trusted

I just listened through ITVL for the first time in a while and jesus. Still so so so good and different from what everyone else was doing. Love their current form but bummed we didn't get another album with Doug

24. zsoty27

"I am the patron saint of lost causes"

Do we know what Doug is doing right now? As far as I remember he was working with somebody after the split with NV but haven't heard anything since then.

25. That album is such a triumph. Is there anything else that sounds like it? I'm seriously asking.