Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Night Verses Band • Page 5

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by kyleadams, Apr 4, 2016.

1. mattylikesfilms

Trusted

Side note: Vice Waves is literal insanity. Sweet baby Jesus. Wow.

2. Gooddayz

always and forever

Very well said and sucks that ended up being Doug's last output with Night Verses. I still wonder why he left, I don't think that was explained.

mattylikesfilms likes this.
  3. atlas

Trusted

Into the Vanishing Light was exactly the right album at the wrong time. I said it from the day I first heard it that it was the most inventive and original post hardcore albums I had heard in years and I stand by that statement 100%. If you asked me to describe a better follow-up that they could have made and let me fine-tune it exactly to my liking, I still don't think I would have loved it as much as ITVL.

Ultimately there just kinda isn't a market for weird, abrasive, dark post hardcore atm. Their tour slots weren't really getting any bigger and I bet they just kinda felt like they had hit the ceiling at their current state and that it was time to try something else. I'm also sure it was getting kinda hard to do the band thing since Doug lives in NY and the rest of them live in LA

4. mattylikesfilms

Trusted

They said it was amicable.

At first I thought it was because Doug wanted to push the atmospheric sounds from Vanishing Light to the next record but Doug’s solo record is supposedly going to sound heavy so it makes me wonder...

5. mattylikesfilms

Trusted

While I disagree on it being the best follow up it could have been- I will agree it was the wrong time for the band (due to the current state of modern rock) for this record. Like I said, I definitely enjoy Vanishing Light, a lot.

In my ideal world- Night Verses would release successful records like Vanishing Light and this new record with Doug on both.

6. atlas

Trusted

on a side note, I'm seeing them play their first show as an instrumental band tomorrow. so that's exciting

7. mattylikesfilms

Trusted

Where at? Slidebar?

8. atlas

Trusted

nope, Reggie's in Chicago. tour with Intervals starts tomorrow. Really don't care about the other bands just looking for an excuse to stare at Aric for 30 minutes

9. Gooddayz

always and forever

Oh cool! I didn't know he was doing a solo record, that should be interesting.

10. Bane

The spiciest meme

You know what my problem with Vanishing Light is

I REALLY don't like Drift haha for some reason Doug just doesn't do it for me on that song. The instrumentals are chill which is cool, I'm fine with that. But just him repeating "DRIFT" just....I dunno.

mescalineeyes likes this.
  11. mattylikesfilms

Trusted

Aric is truly remarkable live. Saw them once and was blown away by his talent. You’ll love it!

12. mattylikesfilms

Trusted

Yup! I follow him on IG and he’s been posting his work on it. Bought a nice guitar and been writing everything himself. Stoked to hear it since I love him as a vocalist in every aspect from style to stage presence.

Gooddayz likes this.
  13. atlas

Trusted

I actually saw them with Envy on the Coast not long after ITVL came out! One of their last shows with Doug iirc. Hopefully I can meet him this time, the only one I met at that show was.... Doug :verysad:

14. mattylikesfilms

Trusted

I’m sure you’ll be able to if you go to their merch table. I met Aric and Reilly before- both super chill dudes.

digitalsea likes this.
  15. mescalineeyes

just admit that I'm the fantasy Prestigious

I love ITVL, I didn't even know it was that divisive.

Gonna check out their previous album this weekend!
    Really don't have any hype for that follow up, I don't like instrumental albums :(

16. azzy01

Regular

Copper wasp single, with other tracks is up on music services to purchase / stream.
    On first listen I was a bit underwhelmed, but it really grew on me after a couple spins.

17. Gooddayz

always and forever

I knew they're working on new music, but dang I didn't realize they would be releasing new music so soon. Anyways I gave Copper Wasp a listen and it reminded me of Strawberry Girls, but much more gritter. Fun stuff

I also heard ITVL again and yeah I just miss the sound from LYE too much. It's got some great songs like Future and Panic & Pull, but songs like Strange Graves have me scratching my head.

azzy01 likes this.
  18. atlas

Trusted

they were phenomenal tonight. opened with Copper Wasp and then played completely new stuff the rest of the set, I think. Perfect balance of shreddy stuff, mellow stuff and in between

19. azzy01

Regular

Nice, to be honest after hearing those singles, this album has become one of my most anticipated for the year. Really hope it drops sooner rather than later .

20. Cameron

FKA nowFace Prestigious

Idk why it’s taken so long, but I love this band. LYE is so good.

Is the second album also good?

21. Cameron

FKA nowFace Prestigious

Oh, and they have a new album coming out?! Dope

22. Gooddayz

always and forever

Depends who you ask haha

23. atlas

Trusted

If you ask me, it's the best post hardcore album of the last 10 years barring mayyyyybe Fake History

24. Gooddayz

always and forever

Speaking of Letlive, have you heard about the new project with Aric, Jason and a guitarist from The Chariot?

25. skurt

Sleekest of beaks. So Good.

we're comin in motherfucker comin in motherfucker comin in