Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Nicki Minaj - Queen (August 10, 2018) Album • Page 6

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by irthesteve, Apr 10, 2018.

1. irthesteve

formerly irthesteve Prestigious

Eminem is basically the white Busta Rhymes these days, yeah? Trying to use the "faster is better" mindset, but to much less success?

The Lucky Moose likes this.
  2. The Lucky Moose

I'm Emotional, I Hug the Block Prestigious

I’m going to predict right now that in 10 to 15 years Kendrick will play that part

3. irthesteve

ehhh I dunno. I still have full confidence that he can stay relevant and unique/creative

4. The Lucky Moose

Eh I think an increasing emphasis on technical rapping is something that can be observed (and definitely something I think Kendrick is into, even if he doesn’t end up going down that road), boringness is subjective, I mean Butterfly bores me to tears and 4:44 was my favorite album last year

5. Zilla Aug 13, 2018
    (Last edited: Aug 13, 2018)
    Zilla

Trusted Supporter

At this point, Kendrick already has a body of work that way surpasses Eminem, so what he’s doing in 10-15 years doesn’t really matter. He can become a legacy act and rely on what he has now and it’ll be fine.

6. The Lucky Moose

Speaking of Busta Rhymes, everybody who has heard his not yet released album so far says it’s incredible

Petit nain des Îles and OotyPa like this.
  7. Bane

The spiciest meme

Also Kendrick already did it on his first album and it was good, Rigamortus yo

8. username

hey you lil piss baby

Ganja Burns is really one of her best songs

9. irthesteve

I thought this album was going to be a bit of a disaster, but honestly it's not that bad. It needs some editing for length, as is typical these days, but there's some good stuff on here. Not up to par with Pinkprint, but I found it mostly enjoyable

The Lucky Moose likes this.
  10. irthesteve

Blainer93 likes this.
  11. Blainer93

Prestigious Supporter

Love that song

12. manoverboard365

Trusted

Love Ganja Burns, look forward to watching that later.

I'm also expecting a video for Come See About Me soon. I bet they're gonna push that real hard as a single.

13. Blainer93

Prestigious Supporter

Projected to do 135-150K first week

14. manoverboard365

Trusted

Thats pure album sales or SPS? If it's sales plus streaming I thought it would've done a lot better.

15. Blainer93

Prestigious Supporter

Sales plus

16. Maverick

Trusted

I like the album, probably more then Scorpions at least. I've listened to all her albums and this might be her best. Even the worse songs imo aren't that bad (Apparently they're everyone's favorites..Chun Swae, Come See About Me) and I really really enjoy Majesty, Good Form, Coco Chanel and Chun-Li. There's some mediocre stuff here (Run & Hide, Nip Tuck, Sir) but that's a given with these long-ass albums these days anyway.

17. irthesteve

18. Henry

Moderator Moderator

yeah, its not great

Nicki Minaj's fourth album Queen dropped last Friday, and the long-awaited and delayed project is set to debut at No. 1, according to Hits Daily Double. Queen is projected to sell 135-150k equivalent album units, with 45-55k coming from pure sales.

For comparison's sake, here are the first week sales for some other projects from big-name rappers: 537k for Travis Scott's Astroworld, 208k for Kanye West's ye, and 255k for Cardi B's Invasion of Privacy.

19. St. Nate

من النهر إلى البحر Prestigious

I really enjoy this!

20. manoverboard365

Trusted

Damn I'm bummed to see the numbers so low, I'm surprised at how much I'm digging the album.

Although I definitely think this could've been cut down to a solid 12 tracks.

21. The Lucky Moose Aug 14, 2018
    (Last edited: Aug 14, 2018)
    The Lucky Moose

You guys clearly don’t remember the post itunes/limewire, pre streaming years when all but a few albums went double glass. 150K is nothing to scoff at.

skogsraet likes this.
  22. irthesteve

this rollout somehow has gotten messier. She's added FEFE to the album, on Apple now maybe Spofity next (‎Queen by Nicki Minaj)

I am SURE this is because she is battling Travis Scott for the #1 spot. and adding FEFE artifically bloats her streaming numbers a ton.

The current predictions from Hits Daily Double are : ASTROWORLD 155/165k, Queen 145-155k

23. btr

Trusted Supporter

Sloppy!!!

24. manoverboard365 Aug 14, 2018
    (Last edited: Aug 15, 2018)
    manoverboard365

Trusted

Wow that just wreaks of desperation.

The album is good, it's getting good reviews, and #2 album in the country is a huge accomplishment. Stop selling your soul to be number one, Nicki!

beachdude42 and irthesteve like this.
  25. Blainer93

Prestigious Supporter

Going at it with dj’s and an ex didn’t get the job done I guess.