Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Nicki Minaj - Queen (August 10, 2018) Album • Page 11

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by irthesteve, Apr 10, 2018.

1. irthesteve

formerly irthesteve Prestigious

totally shocked. yeah, shocked... didn't see that coming, what a surprise

2. Blainer93

Prestigious Supporter

3. btr

Trusted Supporter

[​IMG]

4. this woman is straight garbage

5. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

sure Jan, k can we cancel Nicki next

6. angrycandy

I’m drama in these khaki towns Supporter

this is so fucking embarrassing:

7. OotyPa

fall away Supporter

Yeesh.

8. Signifire

Headphones blaring three stacks Prestigious

“I’m legendary in these streets!”

9. Mort Michaels

Father, Son, and House of Gucci

I stopped it after I heard that.

10. manoverboard365

Trusted

I still don't understand what her logic is. She's saying fucking you Travis Scott for selling cds with his tour tickets.......but she did the same exact thing. And she seriously bundled her album with $4 posters. Like is she not aware that without her bundles her album would have sold like half of what it did, and probably not even make it to #2.

Urgh I really enjoyed this album, first Nicki album I ever liked, but I'm gonna go ahead and just remove every song from my spotify playlists. I can't support this brat anymore.

11. The Lucky Moose

I'm Emotional, I Hug the Block Prestigious

Just to show I’m not the only long time rap fan noticing a familiar pattern here.

None of this is to defend some of her actions and reactions.

Contender likes this.
  12. mattfreaksmeout

Trusted Supporter

I am starting to feel bad for her. I mean she's handling this terribly, but she's also probably fearing this is the end of her career and figures that at least by acting this way she is keeping her name out there. No press is bad press right? That doesn't justify some of the things she's said, but idk I feel like we just enjoy watching people flop as a society and it feels wrong. Idk what I'm trying to say.

The Lucky Moose likes this.
  13. tdlyon

Most Dope Supporter

The thing is though that she didn’t even really flop (for the album at least, I guess the tour is a different story), she still did fantastic numbers for this day and age and got some of the best reviews of her career too. It seems really transparent that she just can’t handle not being as successful/popular as she used to be and is lashing out at everyone. She really needs to just take a step back from the limelight for now before she does something that really damages her career more than she already has

14. Steve_JustAGuy

Trusted

Andrew is a must follow for any hip hop fan.

15. iCarly Rae Jepsen

I mean her downfall was supporting a child molester and blaming Kylie for the album sales is unfair

Carrow, ItsAndrew, Signifire and 6 others like this.
  16. CobraKidJon

Fun must be always. Prestigious

AND A BABY

17. mattfreaksmeout

Trusted Supporter

Well yea that's part of what I meant. We keep trying to make flops out of things that... aren't really flops. Like Katy Perry, Taylor Swift, Justin Timberlake all had similar issues this year, and those are still some of the biggest artists around. But the big difference is they still are filling arenas and stadiums. But people have tried to paint those tours as flops too (especially Katy's).

iCarly Rae Jepsen likes this.
  18. mattfreaksmeout

Trusted Supporter

I mean I wish this was the case, but really I highly doubt her supporting him has almost... anything at all to do with this. Unfortunately I still don't think many people care that much - not enough that it could be the main reason for her downfall. But yea it does take sympathy away from her for me.

Blaming Kylie and the baby is just absurd though.

The Lucky Moose likes this.
  19. iCarly Rae Jepsen

Oh for sure people are petty and almost hoping to dispose of someone

I never really cared about numbers, I just need bops

mattfreaksmeout likes this.
  20. tdlyon

Most Dope Supporter

Ah okay I see what you’re saying, I definitely agree. I think “Stan Twitter” is a big part of this; being a fan of an artist has almost become a team sport at this point, like you can’t support more than one without putting the others down (in their eyes). It’s a really toxic way of consuming music that I think is actually starting to affect things

21. The Lucky Moose

If I was a label head in 2018 I'd put it in the contracts that Twitter is off limits

22. iCarly Rae Jepsen

Give the account to an intern who will just do promo and not say dumb shit

23. Blainer93

Prestigious Supporter

Well she then went on her own radio show and started to wild out there.

I personally don’t equate the Kim situation to this, I think there’s a few differences.

Regardless she just needs to chill, she’s making enemies out of people who she was friends with or had zero issues with in the first place and just keeps making excuse after excuse.

24. The Lucky Moose

Yes exactly lol

25. The Lucky Moose

Yes and no, because if she were a big male rapper rather than a (or THE) big female rapper the narrative and the frenzy would be different

Also The Naked Truth is still 5 Mics, Queen B forever