Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Nickelback Band

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by CoffeeEyes17, Aug 3, 2016.

1. CoffeeEyes17

Reclusive-aggressive Prestigious

Nickelback is a Canadian rock band formed in 1995 in Hanna, Alberta, Canada. The band is composed of guitarist and lead vocalist, and master poet Chad Kroeger, guitarist, keyboardist and backing vocalist Ryan Peake, bassist Mike Kroeger, and drummer Daniel Adair. The band went through a few drummer changes between 1995 and 2005, achieving its current form when Adair replaced drummer Ryan Vikedal.

probably the most influential band of the 21st century. I mean, when you have dozens of #1 songs how can you not be?

Dirty Sanchez likes this.
  2. Slangster

Won "Best Hog" at the Hog Shit Snarfing Contest Supporter

Not gonna lie, when I was in middle school I bought All The Right Reasons on CD.

I may or may not still have it somewhere.

CoffeeEyes17 likes this.
  3. FTank

Prestigious Prestigious

CoffeeEyes17 likes this.
  4. CoffeeEyes17

Same, and Silverside Up, and whatever the 2003 album was.

5. cwhit

still emperor emo Prestigious

What other currently irrelevant rock band of the 00s is talked about for no reason more than them? No one

iCarly Rae Jepsen and Davjs like this.
  6. Craig Manning

@FurtherFromSky Moderator

CoffeeEyes17 likes this.
  7. Davjs

Trusted

I really liked Silver Side, Long Road and Reasons (minus Rockstar). There are a ton of way worse bands out there that deserve the hate they get. Hard to defend anything they have put out in the last 10 years though.

8. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

Excuse me Nickelback will always be relevant as long as Joey has things on his head

Contender, Davjs, FTank and 2 others like this.
  9. cwhit

still emperor emo Prestigious

Musically irrelevant I mean! When was the last time they had a chart topper! Haha

iCarly Rae Jepsen likes this.
  10. FTank

Prestigious Prestigious

Look at this graph.

JRGComedy likes this.
  11. Craig Manning

I am not up for the reconsideration of Nickelback. They are just as bad as everyone says they are.

12. CoffeeEyes17

Yep, taking the worst stereotypes of rock and cranking them to a deafening decibel. The mysoginy, the same chords, the same songs over and over.

13. Craig Manning

I honestly do not know which Nickelback song is the worst Nickelback song. I tend to lean toward "If Everyone Cared." But man, the Spider-Man song featuring Chad Kroeger is right up there.

14. CoffeeEyes17

I legitimately think Photograph is. That song sounds like aliens tried to write a sentimental nostalgic soft rock song and just fucking blew it. Humans just don't talk like that. I'm almost 100% certain I could evoke nostalgia much more effectively.

That said, Never Again is probably the best song they ever wrote. An interesting song about domestic abuse and how awful it is. But even it's still pretty bad

15. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

How You Remind Me is kinda okay , at least there's this

Davjs likes this.
  16. FTank

Prestigious Prestigious

Still better than twenty one pilots.

17. Craig Manning

Those lyrics are so, so bad. The rhymes are the most canned awful shit I've ever seen. The criminal record line? The arcade that burnt down? What in the actual fuck? Like, the entire jist of the song is "man, my youth fucking sucked. I wish I could go back." Just hilariously bad.

CoffeeEyes17 and FTank like this.
  18. Davjs

Trusted

The worst song is Rock Star. Before that point, they wrote decent songs but that started them on a terrible track. Anyone else think it's funny and awesome that the last recorded Dimebag solo is in one of their songs?

Their best is probably: Throw Yourself Away,
    Woke Up This Morning or Too Bad.

19. Inna Selez

Regular

Didn't hear all their songs. But this clip and song are great.

20. Cmoney86

Trusted

21. tomtom94

Trusted

Subbing for the two good songs every album they put out has

22. Craig Manning Sep 8, 2022
    (Last edited: Sep 8, 2022)
    Craig Manning

Just read through this thread and was not disappointed.

23. The Emologist

Crusted

This needs to be reposted because it remains true in 2022.

FTank and stonecoldnimrod like this.