Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Niall in the Time of Styles • Page 2

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Jan 3, 2018.

1. You’re really over here whining about voluntary subscription business models on my website? That’s your Wednesday night? That’s what your life has amounted to?

slimfenix182 likes this.
  2. Kiana

Goddamn, man child Prestigious

Seeing Harry in Seattle with Kacey Musgraves in the summer and I'm excited cause I'm a big fan of both!

I wanna see Niall when he comes thru because he's playing two days before my birthday and then Pixies/Weezer are playing on my actual birthday but then I'd have to go to the white river amphitheater and I am not sold on that!

Matt Chylak, tyramail and Jason Tate like this.
  3. DillonHigh

Says the man in his 30s on a weds night arguing back. Was just making a comment on the article and was able to do so without insulting you personally.

4. It’s literally my job Dillon. We’ve established you know this is my website. How are you so bad at this?

5. DillonHigh

Pretty sure you don't have to argue with people when you could also be doing something else in your time....

6. I’m on the couch watching a shitty movie with a beer hanging out on a website I made. What’s your excuse Dillon?

slimfenix182 likes this.
  7. ComedownMachine

Prestigious Supporter

What’s the shitty movie? Is it entertaining shitty? My girlfriend just moved and I’m bored. This thread is entertaining but in a frustrating way

8. It was ‘American Assasin’ and it was horrible. Do not recommend. I fast forwarded the last 30 minutes.

We’re doing ‘Brigsby Bear’ now. First 5 minutes are already better.

9. seimagery

instagram.com/thekissingglow/

Just wanted to say this was a good article, ignore the troll. Can't say I particularly enjoy either's music but Harry does seem like an unstoppable force. His acting in Dunkirk was good too.

Jason Tate likes this.
  10. Brigsby Bear was one of my favorites of the year. And this was a great piece.

Jason Tate likes this.
  11. I paused to get a beer. It’s fantastic so far.

Aaron Mook likes this.
  12. personalmaps

citrus & cinnamon Prestigious

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaanyway, thanks Anna for writing this. Haven't checked out the Niall album yet but I think I'll do that today!

Anna Acosta likes this.
  13. Craig Manning

@FurtherFromSky Moderator

Never got into One Direction and thought Harry's album was...fine? Definitely overhyped. "Sign of the Times" has gotten a lot of praise, but it's just kind of an okay classic rock knock off for me. I listened to Niall's record because Maren Morris was on it and @cshadows2887 told me it was the heir apparent to Continuum. Super pleasant surprise for me. This record actually made my top 40 this year, and a few of the songs (especially the run of "Since We're Alone," "Flicker," and "Fire Away") have gotten a lot of play.

Thanks @Anna Acosta for writing this piece! Hopefully a few more people give the record a chance instead of writing it off as post-boy-band nonsense or whatever.

Jason Tate and Anna Acosta like this.
  14. Musical taste is of course subjective, and I don't expect everyone who listens to agree with me - but I was never a giant One Direction fan (in fact, I was a bit of a hater at times) and this record clearly really resonated with me so I decided to write about it. As one does.

Thanks to those who read it!

Jason Tate and Matt Chylak like this.
  15. Steve_JustAGuy

Trusted

The Continuum comparison! I couldn't quite put my finger on what this album reminded me of before reading this review, but that fits so well. Anyway, I don't think this will stick with me like Harry's did (or probably Zayn if we're being honest) but it's fine. "Slow Hands" is still a jam.

Thanks for writing this Anna, prompted me to revisit it. Fun little album.

16. Matt Chylak

I can always be better, so I'll always try. Supporter

Nice review! I will be listening to this today for sure.

17. emeryk3

Wharf Mice

Zayn has still had the superior output, imo.

18. You're welcome! I'm excited to see what he does next with a little stronger footing.

19. Tim

grateful all the fucking time Supporter

@Jason Tate, random question: Is there a way these Article Discussion posts could include the author?

I know the intended flow is for someone to start with a front page post and then click the comments link. But, since I'm personally a regular for the forums more so than the news, it's not uncommon for me to go right to the forums, see an active Article Discussion post, and go right to the thread. And, it'd be cool to be able to see article authors here instead of having to backtrack.

If your answer is that I should just stop looking at this forum before looking at the front page, that's fair, lol. Especially since making me just visit the actual front page posts gives you more ad revenue.

20. [​IMG]

:thumbup: Good one.

21. Wait, he submitted "news" too:

[​IMG]

"I hate this website so much I don't wanna go!"

22. He would've gotten away with it too, if it wasn't for you meddling site-owners.

23. I picture a very sad man screaming "Curse you Tatertits! Curse your pop music!!!!" in a room that is definitely owned by his parents.

24. ComedownMachine

Prestigious Supporter

He thought Tatertits was clever enough to use multiple times lmao

Jason Tate likes this.
  25. Kiana

Goddamn, man child Prestigious

Whaaat how did u feel about FOUR